Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 260104 times)

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #2200 on: July 28, 2021, 08:33:09 PM »
Bit worrying if the manager doesn't rate him - shows what standard of player\football we can expect to see.

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2201 on: July 28, 2021, 09:03:17 PM »
Bit worrying if true that he doesn't rate Pereira. Does anyone have a link to this?

Early days but *feels* like we are potentially going from a team full of cloggers (Pulis) to a team full of tippy tappers (Bilic) to a team of athletes (Ismael)

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2202 on: July 28, 2021, 09:24:09 PM »
If Ishmael does not rate him needs his head examined imo. Quality player who I'd prefer to keep than sell on cheap.
I’m not sure the suggestion is he doesn’t rate him. I think it’s more  a case that it appears Pereira isn’t quite giving it his all in training because he favours a move.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2203 on: July 28, 2021, 09:33:07 PM »
I’m not sure the suggestion is he doesn’t rate him. I think it’s more  a case that it appears Pereira isn’t quite giving it his all in training because he favours a move.

I’d presume this the case, the gaffer will want people committed and fighting for their place in the team and impressing, if MP doesn’t want to get injured and isn’t giving his all that will be obvious to the players and staff. It’s a shame, I hope we do get a fair fee for him and not held to ransom.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2204 on: July 28, 2021, 09:35:00 PM »
I can see Pereira leaving WHU in Summer 2022 for £80m to Real Madrid or Man Utd. 

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2205 on: July 28, 2021, 09:45:48 PM »
Sell on clause needed?
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2206 on: July 28, 2021, 09:48:16 PM »
Bit worrying if the manager doesn't rate him - shows what standard of player\football we can expect to see.
I don't think Valerien's said that, I think people are just (consciously or subconsciously) twisting comments either he or journalists have made into something diferent to what was said/reported. Just because something starts being repeated by people, it doesn't make it true. As Gazberg has mentioned, if someone can produce a quote where Valerien has said this I'm eager to see it.

Valerien's style of play is as much about the system as it is about the quality of players. That doesn't mean that the system's naff or that he doesn't want high quality players, but the symbiosis of the two has to work for his system to be successful. For one thing, he needs players to be 100% committed to the cause. He stated this as soon as he arrived - if one player isn't doing his job properly, the whole system will fail.

Secondly, the system he's used previously doesn't feature anyone playing as a No.10. Does that mean he doesn't rate any players who are No.10s? Obviously not. When not playing as a No.10 Pereira has always looked less effective.

Finally, it's very apparent that Pereira wants to leave. Do people expect us to keep him against his will if suitable offers come in? If so, you won't have much of a player going forward until such time as he does eventually leave.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2207 on: July 28, 2021, 09:49:39 PM »
Early days but *feels* like we are potentially going from a team full of cloggers (Pulis) to a team full of tippy tappers (Bilic) to a team of athletes (Ismael)
It isn't even early days, the season hasn't started yet!

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2208 on: July 28, 2021, 09:50:46 PM »
It isn't even early days, the season hasn't started yet!

;D

True, because I'm patient I will revisit this comment in 3weeks!

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2209 on: July 28, 2021, 09:55:45 PM »
How can any manager not rate this guy, we are all resigned to losing him and it would be absolutely mindless to play him.
He his our transfer budget and what we get for Johnstone, I don't believe any other gossip apart from there as been a mutual agreement by the player and the club for everyones benefit, everything else is rubbish.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2210 on: July 28, 2021, 10:52:41 PM »
Bit worrying if true that he doesn't rate Pereira. Does anyone have a link to this?

Thats a brilliant summary to be fair, means Livermore was an athletic clogger in a tippy tappy Bilic team, pretty accurate TBH
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2211 on: July 28, 2021, 10:54:52 PM »
Thats a brilliant summary to be fair, means Livermore was an athletic clogger in a tippy tappy Bilic team, pretty accurate TBH

It wasnt my intention but you hit the nail in the head.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2212 on: July 28, 2021, 11:26:48 PM »
The difference is Norwich weren't desperate to sell while it seems we have no money unless we do , I hope I'm wrong but rumblings about VI not being keen on the player don't help us much either .  I always felt 30m would be about enough with some addons so I'm against any loan deals unless there's a serious wedge first .

There is no reason why we should desperate to sell. We already have Sam Johnstone to offload and we don’t need any income to fund the current squad which with Pereira is too good for this league.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2213 on: July 28, 2021, 11:29:39 PM »
There is no reason why we should desperate to sell. We already have Sam Johnstone to offload and we don’t need any income to fund the current squad which with Pereira is too good for this league.

100 percent agree.

As long as we don't take the **** and reject a, say, £40 million bid, I feel he'll accept staying and get his head down to get us back up.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2214 on: July 29, 2021, 12:04:30 AM »
100 percent agree.

As long as we don't take the **** and reject a, say, £40 million bid, I feel he'll accept staying and get his head down to get us back up.

The simple question to ask us this: would you rather see Pereira starting for the Albion next season - one of the few who can play in this division and the one above - or sold and, if so, would you trust our lot to reinvest successfully?

I hope he stays.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2215 on: July 29, 2021, 08:25:09 AM »
Wishful thinking hoping he stays - the club want him gone. Without him being sold then it knackers our plans to invest in our current playing squad.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2216 on: July 29, 2021, 09:16:23 AM »
Thought this was a so called Well run club? Can accept we have to sell Sam due to his contract situation. Perreira is our prized asset with his contract in clubs favour could be wrong but it feels like powers that be want him gone.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2217 on: July 29, 2021, 09:28:51 AM »
Thought this was a so called Well run club? Can accept we have to sell Sam due to his contract situation. Perreira is our prized asset with his contract in clubs favour could be wrong but it feels like powers that be want him gone.

I would differentiate 'well run' with 'prudently run'.

From the owners perspective, the only money being spent at the club is the money brought in by the club, we are not fortunate like the Villa where owners come in and splash hundreds of millions of their own cash on it. Pereira is one player when they are looking to invest in a few players to ensure the squad as a whole is stronger as they are aware that to sell for the value they want, we need to be at the top table, so will be looking to move him on for that purpose.

My worry is that the clock is ticking and knowing the Albion we will not only sell him for less than his true value but also too late in the window to make meaningful efforts to rebuild the squad.

WBA.R.K

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2218 on: July 29, 2021, 09:38:16 AM »
My fear with the Periera situation is that we sell him late, cheaper than we would like, and panic buy the wrong striker for us.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2219 on: July 29, 2021, 09:39:58 AM »
My fear with the Periera situation is that we sell him late, cheaper than we would like, and panic buy the wrong striker for us.

Oh ye of little faith  ;D
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2220 on: July 29, 2021, 09:45:12 AM »
I would differentiate 'well run' with 'prudently run'.

From the owners perspective, the only money being spent at the club is the money brought in by the club, we are not fortunate like the Villa where owners come in and splash hundreds of millions of their own cash on it. Pereira is one player when they are looking to invest in a few players to ensure the squad as a whole is stronger as they are aware that to sell for the value they want, we need to be at the top table, so will be looking to move him on for that purpose.

My worry is that the clock is ticking and knowing the Albion we will not only sell him for less than his true value but also too late in the window to make meaningful efforts to rebuild the squad.
well if we get £11 million for Sam and £25 for Matheus which   is being reported I can't see us spending a fraction of the £36 million club would get.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2221 on: July 29, 2021, 09:50:11 AM »
According to some reports West Ham looking at signing Pereira and Johnstone as a double up.
Straight buy for Johnstone, and a loan with a buy obligation for Pereira.
They are saying that the initial loan fee for Matteus is 'significant'
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2222 on: July 29, 2021, 10:12:53 AM »
I am instinctively against a loan deal for MP, but, given the way deals are structured over long periods nowadays, is a loan to perm that much of a disadvantage over a "normal" structured sale???

Finance people???
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2223 on: July 29, 2021, 10:16:53 AM »

It depends on your definition of 'well run'. If we are looking to survive and balance the books by taking the occasional profit from a situation such as a transfer, then we are well run. If you are looking to show ambition and want to do as well as you can then I don't think 'well run' refers to us.

I have not looked at the West Ham finances, and I do have issues with the stadium deal they pulled off, but their board are showing ambition and buying quality players. Last year under Moyes they seemed to click, and were good to watch as well. At this moment in time, West Ham seem to be a 'well run' club.

On the other hand, we could support Derby, and by the looks of it there will be quite a few people in that area looking for other things to do on a Saturday afternoon in the not too distant future.

Back to the topic of the thread, I am liking the idea of a loan to West Ham as the fee is rumoured to be significant, and if MP does what we know he can do then WH will be keen to buy him at the end of the season. I just hope we do not agree a silly purchase price now.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 10:19:58 AM by skyclad99 »
Remember...
What the doormouse said...

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2224 on: July 29, 2021, 10:24:08 AM »
I am instinctively against a loan deal for MP, but, given the way deals are structured over long periods nowadays, is a loan to perm that much of a disadvantage over a "normal" structured sale???

Finance people???

If the "loan to perm" is solid i.e. there are no get out clauses (in the event of a serious injury for example), it would be possible to use the contract as a guarantee against a low cost cash loan. In effect, turning the loan contract for the player into cash.

I suspect that's what Huddersfield did with our agreement for Grant.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?