Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 487202 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #1900 on: July 01, 2021, 01:29:37 PM »
So loosely translated Madeley doesn't know what's happening either but wouldn't be surprised to see him move on should someone pay enough. Stop the press..... another day, more column inches to fill.

A bit of that for sure but i feel there was enough there to suggest they understand MP next move is vital so won't be joining Watford etc for the sake of a small pay rise. That ws my interpretation anyway

But it doesn't really help us if there is uncertainty about whether he is staying or going as it will surely influence our recruitment plans

True but it reads to me he wont play his face if his ambitions arent matched in money while the footy world is recovering from covid 19

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1901 on: July 01, 2021, 01:43:18 PM »
Most of the reporting on Pereira's future is just speculation like his transfer fee. Just glad he hasn't had a tantrum about a move seems to be a nice lad with a sensible agent.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1902 on: July 01, 2021, 01:52:11 PM »
Most of the reporting on Pereira's future is just speculation like his transfer fee. Just glad he hasn't had a tantrum about a move seems to be a nice lad with a sensible agent.

Yes, comes across that way but early days. Hopefully nothing changes.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1903 on: July 01, 2021, 01:55:00 PM »
A bit of that for sure but i feel there was enough there to suggest they understand MP next move is vital so won't be joining Watford etc for the sake of a small pay rise. That ws my interpretation anyway

True but it reads to me he wont play his face if his ambitions arent matched in money while the footy world is recovering from covid 19
I really hope this is true, he's just too good for that. For me his lowest limit should be an Everton / Spurs / Arsenal, pretty much guaranteed top half. Anything lower than that and he's doing himself an injustice.
Personally, I think he's top 4 quality.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1904 on: July 01, 2021, 02:00:31 PM »
I really hope this is true, he's just too good for that. For me his lowest limit should be an Everton / Spurs / Arsenal, pretty much guaranteed top half. Anything lower than that and he's doing himself an injustice.
Personally, I think he's top 4 quality.

Yep no point him moving if theres any chance of his new club being relegated. I don't begrudge him his move but it should be right for him and the club.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1905 on: July 01, 2021, 02:15:32 PM »
we all know how this plays out, last week of window Levy makes a derisory offer, WBA tell him to do one, Periera is unsettled and Levy comes back in Jan. Exit MP
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1906 on: July 01, 2021, 02:24:53 PM »
we all know how this plays out, last week of window Levy makes a derisory offer, WBA tell him to do one, Periera is unsettled and Levy comes back in Jan. Exit MP
And he ends up getting fat and playing in Belgium to support his umpteen kids?

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1907 on: July 02, 2021, 10:48:15 AM »
My big concern with Pereira is that I can see us under selling him. £25m and he'll be gone IMO.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1908 on: July 15, 2021, 08:43:51 AM »
I saw an article in the paper earlier this week saying Leicester were looking to bid £12m for Pereira  :o :o
No way should we let him go for such a derisory bid
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1909 on: July 15, 2021, 09:04:54 AM »
I saw an article in the paper earlier this week saying Leicester were looking to bid £12m for Pereira  :o :o
An Arab club bid £6m apparently!  :o
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1910 on: July 15, 2021, 09:08:08 AM »
An Arab club bid £6m apparently!  :o

Had to laugh when I saw this. Can’t see how we can’t justify a similar fee to buendia in all honesty 

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1911 on: July 15, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »
Had to laugh when I saw this. Can’t see how we can’t justify a similar fee to buendia in all honesty
Same here, can't see how we accept a penny less than Buendia.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1912 on: July 15, 2021, 09:32:40 AM »

12 million plus a couple of their players who are valued at about £10 million each and I'd start talking.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1913 on: July 15, 2021, 09:32:44 AM »
when it comes to the transfer of MP & SJ a club needs to offer an amount that is attractive in comparison to the benefits of us having them in the squad and achieving promotion again.

For example a low £10m fee for SJ and say £15m for MP are in my opinion not worth accepting because they can help achieve promotion which we are led to believe is worth £100m +.  Now if we are talking £15-20m for SJ and £25-£30m for MP then that is different because this will give scope to strengthen the squad as a whole and have a stronger collective.

I dont think that these prices are unreasonable when you consider the price that Ramsdale, Martinez, Watkins and Buendia have gone for in recent times.  its all a game of poker, and i for one would take a Jeremy peace stance and say pay up or forget it. 

we have the leverage of the length of MP's contract and it seems he also wont rock the boat and will knuckle down and with SJ if we did lose him for a free next year we didn't pay a lot for him, his wages wont be massive and he may have helped us get promotion,..... if he carry's on in the England squad then we would get our money back in January at the very least.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1914 on: July 15, 2021, 09:50:31 AM »
We wouldn't be able to replace MP for £12m so what's the point?  We'll just waste that cash on a couple of £4m players that, if we're lucky, might see us through the season but wouldn't be able to make the step up.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1915 on: July 15, 2021, 10:00:18 AM »
The problem is, if they both want to leave, and are not putting the effort in (which is not the case with MP at the moment) then they are useless to us. SJ is out of contract next year so our bargaining powers are not great either!

But to get less than £25m combined for them pair would be an absolute scandal!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1916 on: July 15, 2021, 10:02:35 AM »
Well from the report's by coach Matheus is committed to club so anything under £50 million should be dismissed by club. I'd be willing to let him go on loan for £10 or 12 million and if we arnt promoted would give loan club option to sign him.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1917 on: July 15, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »
I really don't know why newspapers even bother wasting their time writing this bilge. On the one hand we are turning down bids under£10m for Johnstone but accepting bids of £12m for Pereira.

The reality is the price is going to start with a 2 at a stretch we get to something north of £30m or he ain't leaving.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1918 on: July 15, 2021, 11:25:48 AM »
Well from the report's by coach Matheus is committed to club so anything under £50 million should be dismissed by club. I'd be willing to let him go on loan for £10 or 12 million and if we arnt promoted would give loan club option to sign him.

Realistically can’t see a loan happening if the player would be willing to take a loan to the prem, it’s hard to see a club not having an option to buy/appearance activated clause to term it permanent.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1919 on: July 15, 2021, 11:39:12 AM »
Realistically can’t see a loan happening if the player would be willing to take a loan to the prem, it’s hard to see a club not having an option to buy/appearance activated clause to term it permanent.
Rondon, loaned to Newcastle sold when we weren't promoted to Chinese club. We have done it before

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1920 on: July 15, 2021, 12:30:25 PM »
We wouldn't be able to replace MP for £12m so what's the point?  We'll just waste that cash on a couple of £4m players that, if we're lucky, might see us through the season but wouldn't be able to make the step up.
Too right!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1921 on: July 15, 2021, 01:01:34 PM »
Rondon, loaned to Newcastle sold when we weren't promoted to Chinese club. We have done it before

Yeah fair point, different scenario I’d suggest with Rondons age at the time. I think Ashley was reluctant to make it permanent because of that factor, can’t see anyone wanting MP on just a loan, I’d obviously rather him stay but pretty resigned to him going

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1922 on: July 15, 2021, 03:47:43 PM »
The E and S Albion podcast with Masi and Hatfield suggests Pereira has been excellent in training so far and very upbeat from all reports. It seems he is being realistic that the club will sell him if the right offer comes in and if not, he will get his head down. Great news.
Boing Boing

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1923 on: July 15, 2021, 05:58:46 PM »
The E and S Albion podcast with Masi and Hatfield suggests Pereira has been excellent in training so far and very upbeat from all reports. It seems he is being realistic that the club will sell him if the right offer comes in and if not, he will get his head down. Great news.
Masi is just repeating what the manager said a few days back whilst at the same time pretending he has some insider knowledge (as usual).

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1924 on: July 15, 2021, 06:38:57 PM »
I posted a report here a week or 2 back that MP and his team are happy to give it another year here to see if we get back to the PL rather than just move to any PL club and get relegated again.

Happy to wait for more money to come into the markets to get a bumper deal on his next move if I recall.