Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 259966 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #1850 on: June 09, 2021, 11:37:18 PM »
Have you considered that he may well not want to stay now that we've been relegated? Contracts suddenly don't mean a lot when players make it clear that they want to leave.

Yeah, I appreciate that if a big premiership club comes in for him that he may want to move, but equally he might be settled in the area and happy to give it one more go in the championship. Even if the does want to move, you can't just sell him. Zaha has begged to leave Palace not just for one season but for the past three years. Ultimately when the transfer window closes, even he wanted a move he's a footballer and will want to get his head down and show what he can do. Keeping hold of him for 12 months shows how serious we are about promotion and if we fail then he is still under a long term contract and very sellable next summer.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1851 on: June 10, 2021, 08:30:42 AM »
Yeah, I appreciate that if a big premiership club comes in for him that he may want to move, but equally he might be settled in the area and happy to give it one more go in the championship. Even if the does want to move, you can't just sell him. Zaha has begged to leave Palace not just for one season but for the past three years. Ultimately when the transfer window closes, even he wanted a move he's a footballer and will want to get his head down and show what he can do. Keeping hold of him for 12 months shows how serious we are about promotion and if we fail then he is still under a long term contract and very sellable next summer.

I'll take your Zaha's application and raise you a Craig Dawson strop, very disappointing attitude when CD didnt get allowed his move.
All down to characters and management of those characters i think.
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1852 on: June 10, 2021, 11:41:11 AM »
Craig Dawson only had 2 options us or them. Wanted to change, because nothing going to happen for him in the next season had he stayed. MP if he stays and if we go up (big if's  again) He can/will play in the prem next season for us. If he stays and we fail to get promoted he will have more options next season from prem clubs any way. Plenty of grounds for optimism here for at least one more season from him. BUT this is WBA we know what will happen don't we? Sold for about half his value, hell it's hard to support this lot
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:48:00 AM by wodenson46 »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1853 on: June 10, 2021, 11:52:25 AM »
I think one thing we have to be wary of is his previous where he threw his toys out at Sporting when the manager left him out of the side resulting in him having a tantrum on social media, I think he left the club not long after so if he wants to go then in this day and age he will be gone
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1854 on: June 10, 2021, 01:21:39 PM »
I think one thing we have to be wary of is his previous where he threw his toys out at Sporting when the manager left him out of the side resulting in him having a tantrum on social media, I think he left the club not long after so if he wants to go then in this day and age he will be gone

No doubt he wants to play football, that shouldn't be an issue. He's already come a long way with us, another 12 months in a hopefully winning side should be more than reconcilable.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1855 on: June 10, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »
With all the shenanigans going on around the search for a manager, he's seen the club for what it really is.
Bet he can't wait to get out.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1856 on: June 10, 2021, 02:40:36 PM »
He won't know anything more than us

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1857 on: June 13, 2021, 05:50:12 PM »

According to the Daily Star we are willing to accept £15m for our star player, with Norwich and Brentford interested.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfers-pereira-chelsea-20804586

I hope there is no truth in it but I seriously would not be surprised.
Remember...
What the doormouse said...

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1858 on: June 13, 2021, 06:11:48 PM »
We have a £20 million asking price for Sam with one year left and we are going to let our best player with four years to go on his contract leave for £15 million. If this happens the lunatics have really taken over the asylum.  :o

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1859 on: June 13, 2021, 06:18:40 PM »
We have a £20 million asking price for Sam with one year left and we are going to let our best player with four years to go on his contract leave for £15 million. If this happens the lunatics have really taken over the asylum.  :o
There's a good old Dutch saying for that. We're thieves from our own wallet!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1860 on: June 13, 2021, 06:40:48 PM »
Imagine a world where we lose our best players to **** like Brentford.

Luckily, this is absolute ********.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1861 on: June 13, 2021, 07:04:52 PM »
According to the Daily Star we are willing to accept £15m for our star player, with Norwich and Brentford interested.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfers-pereira-chelsea-20804586

Seriously if this was true, I would quit the club and mean it until the owner was gone for good and even then I would still be fuming. Ridiculous decision if true

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1862 on: June 13, 2021, 07:16:26 PM »

I f this is true then it would prove beyond doubt that the people running the club are inept!

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1863 on: June 13, 2021, 07:22:39 PM »
There's a good old Dutch saying for that. We're thieves from our own wallet!

£15 million = an apple and an egg. Until a monkey brandishing a release clause pops out of Dowling's sleeve, I would put that figure down to the thumb-sucking of some snotty blogger.  ;)

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1864 on: June 13, 2021, 07:36:21 PM »
I just can’t see this being true we may be stupid but not that stupid. We haven’t put a johnny evans clause in have we?

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1865 on: June 13, 2021, 07:39:34 PM »
I’m not buying into the £15million thing.

If the club are asking £20million for our goalkeeper with 1 year left on his contract, I can’t see us accepting £15million for Pereira with 4 years remaining on his contract.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1866 on: June 13, 2021, 08:48:58 PM »
I’m not buying into the £15million thing.

If the club are asking £20million for our goalkeeper with 1 year left on his contract, I can’t see us accepting £15million for Pereira with 4 years remaining on his contract.

Me neither.
The Star and the Sun  :D
Nuff said
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1867 on: June 13, 2021, 09:38:03 PM »
If Pereira goes for £15m, I'll never set foot in the Hawthorns again.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1868 on: June 13, 2021, 09:40:21 PM »

In general we never disclose the fee involved.

Unfortunately The people who run the club are inept, as such nothing would surprise me.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1869 on: June 13, 2021, 09:53:47 PM »

It wouldn’t shock me if the initial fee was 15 and then a load of incentives. We all know how clueless we are when it comes to these type of things.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1870 on: June 13, 2021, 10:24:09 PM »
We are owned by aman who paid £200m for the club and is clearly incapable of using a currency conversion site, just saying !!!!
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1871 on: June 13, 2021, 10:38:03 PM »
Me neither.
The Star and the Sun  :D
Nuff said

I know!!! Why on Earth are people buying into this? It would be beyond ridiculous and there's utterly nothing to back this up.

This price tag came from some rent a gob on radio (talk sport i think?) Just wildly speculating. The tabloid online trash then picked it up as "pundit claims MP could be available for as little as £15m!"... A few days later the papers pick it up.

Its literally the random speculation of someone who is paid to fill airtime.

We may not think much of the directors and such. But they're asking for £20m on SJ because they know the price of an asset. Why on Earth do we think those same people will be happy for £15m for someone who scored/assisted 17 goals in a really poor Prem team? Lets actually stop and think for a moment. Unless being angry on the internet is actually the point?
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1872 on: June 13, 2021, 10:46:31 PM »
I know!!! Why on Earth are people buying into this? It would be beyond ridiculous and there's utterly nothing to back this up.

This price tag came from some rent a gob on radio (talk sport i think?) Just wildly speculating. The tabloid online trash then picked it up as "pundit claims MP could be available for as little as £15m!"... A few days later the papers pick it up.

Its literally the random speculation of someone who is paid to fill airtime.

We may not think much of the directors and such. But they're asking for £20m on SJ because they know the price of an asset. Why on Earth do we think those same people will be happy for £15m for someone who scored/assisted 17 goals in a really poor Prem team? Lets actually stop and think for a moment. Unless being angry on the internet is actually the point?

Unless he's got a £15 million release clause, which would be almost double what we paid for him.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1873 on: June 13, 2021, 11:09:44 PM »
Pereira will fetch us a tidy sum should he be sold. And I expect him to be sold this summer.

In spite of my feelings towards our owner, chairman, CEO, board, etc. I know the bottom line with them is money. I dare say they’ll accept nothing less than £30million for our Brazilian playmaker.

The only thing that may keep him at the Hawthorn’s is the possibility of interested parties turning their attention towards European players who shine during the Euro 2020 tournament shop window extravaganza 💷💶

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1874 on: June 14, 2021, 12:20:50 AM »

Unless he's got a £15 million release clause, which would be almost double what we paid for him.

The local journos stated several times the new contract contained no clauses like that.

We paid €10mill, (€1 loan fee + €9 transfer according to Portuguese papers), so anything less than £25 would be terrible risk/reward ratio. Villa buying that Norwich lad for £33-40m has set the tone.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input