Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 260092 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #2300 on: August 01, 2021, 01:33:59 AM »
I’m not
The only thing I’m implying is that people find it very easy to advise others on what to do with a 25m asset.

£25m may get you his right foot, but not the left one.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2301 on: August 01, 2021, 04:02:20 PM »
He’s liking tweets about al hilal!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2302 on: August 01, 2021, 05:45:17 PM »

If they're willing to pay me £135k a week as its being reported i'd do more than like a few tweets  :D

Not sure they have the money to pay what we're asking as their reported opening bids have been shockingly low from what i've seen.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2303 on: August 01, 2021, 06:00:40 PM »
If they're willing to pay me £135k a week as its being reported i'd do more than like a few tweets  :D

Not sure they have the money to pay what we're asking as their reported opening bids have been shockingly low from what i've seen.
Obviously, from a financial perspective, it’s a great move for him,  career wise though it is absolutely nuts
No good for us either as the fee would be too low, therefore, he may well like it but it shouldn’t happen.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2304 on: August 01, 2021, 06:07:53 PM »
Obviously, from a financial perspective, it’s a great move for him,  career wise though it is absolutely nuts
No good for us either as the fee would be too low, therefore, he may well like it but it shouldn’t happen.

This just proves exactly what's motivating him.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2305 on: August 01, 2021, 06:19:27 PM »

Disappointing if so because that deal mentioned in media is pretty useless to us considering the talent we are losing and the need to replace him and striker requirements.

BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2306 on: August 01, 2021, 06:23:27 PM »
If he goes to Al-Hilal he is a mug…

He can go, and go for the right price, but if he ends up their then he has no ambition at all
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2307 on: August 01, 2021, 06:44:38 PM »

can you provide a link, I can't find anything, he's posted or liked on twitter for some time
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2308 on: August 01, 2021, 07:55:26 PM »
Playing devil's advocate there are very few footballing reasons for Pereira to join Al Hilal given a straight choice between say £100k a week at West Ham and £135k in Saudi Arabia when you factor the difference in tax across a 4 year contract is vast off the top my head about £20m.

What exactly is he giving up? At 25 he probably won't represent his country that moment has passed in all likelihood. Trophies? Not at West Ham. Yes he could move to a bigger team in a smaller league and win a title or a cup but only by giving up a chunk of pay.

At some point it boils down to "It's my job I do it for the pay" it always does. Pereira grew up in Brazil moved to Portugal and spent time in Germany and has now lived in England for two years. He is not anchored anywhere and Saudi is just another stop on the circuit.

There maybe considerable doubt in Al Hilal ability to do the deal at the price but should they pay the fee and Pereira wants to take the money why should any of us care?

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2309 on: August 01, 2021, 08:16:22 PM »
Playing devil's advocate there are very few footballing reasons for Pereira to join Al Hilal given a straight choice between say £100k a week at West Ham and £135k in Saudi Arabia when you factor the difference in tax across a 4 year contract is vast off the top my head about £20m.

What exactly is he giving up? At 25 he probably won't represent his country that moment has passed in all likelihood. Trophies? Not at West Ham. Yes he could move to a bigger team in a smaller league and win a title or a cup but only by giving up a chunk of pay.

At some point it boils down to "It's my job I do it for the pay" it always does. Pereira grew up in Brazil moved to Portugal and spent time in Germany and has now lived in England for two years. He is not anchored anywhere and Saudi is just another stop on the circuit.

There maybe considerable doubt in Al Hilal ability to do the deal at the price but should they pay the fee and Pereira wants to take the money why should any of us care?

If they pay the fee I couldn't care less.

I thought some on here and pointed out that bids this far were very wide of his valuation.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2310 on: August 01, 2021, 09:12:16 PM »
To be honest I have seen a mess of "reports" on twitter some say going to West Ham others Al Hilal none of them with any creditability. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2311 on: August 01, 2021, 09:39:05 PM »
Saudi Arabia doesn’t strike me as the most stable place in the world so I hope they got £30m to pay up front.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2312 on: August 01, 2021, 09:50:42 PM »

Totally agree.  Much as I'd live to see him at Leicester or West Ham or Leeds, I don't care where he goes as long as we get a fair fee.  But £13m seems to be all Al Hilal are offering, which is very unlikely to happen.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2313 on: August 01, 2021, 10:24:54 PM »

Bang on.
Often it's players like him that end up at places like Saudi and China where they're good, but never really going to win much.
A lot of fans view transfers from their clubs perspective which is understandable. As mentioned though I'm not sure they have the cash and West Ham may be the one.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2314 on: August 01, 2021, 10:44:56 PM »
Sorry out in last hour or so  (can’t remember if mail or E&s) which says Ismael said:

“I have spoken with Matheus for a few weeks. He was clear he wants to leave. He is not committed to the Championship and not committed to us.

“I accept this decision but I have to take my decision and now we need to solve the situation.”

It really is a case of how much we can get it seems

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2315 on: August 01, 2021, 10:50:26 PM »
In tonights Brum mail article VI has confirmed that Pereira has told him he isn't committed to the club and has no interest in the EFL and wants to leave which is not surprising but disappointing.

It's one thing to want to leave and MP knows we will sell him if we get a fair offer but we haven't had one.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-matheus-pereira-transfer-21198046.amp?__twitter_impression=true

BY JOSEPH CHAPMAN
22:29, 1 AUG 2021
Matheus Pereira isn’t ‘committed’ to West Brom and won’t be involved at the beginning of the Championship season as the club seek to secure a deal for him to leave.

Pereira, Albion’s playmaker, has enjoyed an excellent couple of years at The Hawthorns, has scored 20 goals and produced 23 assists for the club since joining on an initial loan from Sporting Lisbon, but he’s already made it quite clear to those at The Hawthorns that he has no interest in taking part in the Baggies’ impending Championship campaign.

The Brazilian, who has three years left on his contract and Albion are willing to sell for the right sum, but at this moment the interested parties in the Premier League and abroad are not close to meeting the asking price.

West Ham are understood to be among those clubs who are keen on Pereira, while there is interest too from Al-Hilal.

Talks are ongoing, boss Valerien Ismael has confirmed, and the manager hopes for a swift resolution as soon as possible in order to accommodate all parties.

In the meantime, Pereira - who has not kicked a ball in pre-season - is biding his time.

“I have spoken with Matheus for a few weeks. He was clear he wants to leave,” Ismael said bluntly. “He is not committed to the Championship and not committed to us. I said I accept this decision but I have to take my decision and now we need to solve the situation.

“At the minute we are talking but there is nothing clear. At the minute I am just focused on the guys who are ready to play for West Brom, ready to embrace the fight in the Championship.

“We need to have players who are motivated to work for each other. I don’t need the best player or the most expensive player. I need the right player with the right mentality"

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2316 on: August 01, 2021, 10:50:31 PM »
Wonder what will happen if we actually don’t find a suitor for him considering his attitude.. he has liked someone’s tweet about al-Hilal, if he does go there then that shows what motivates him unfortunately.. I thought he’d be more interested in a European team at the least considering the potential to progress and still earn big bucks. His attitude may put some off?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:10:42 PM by section5 »

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #2317 on: August 01, 2021, 10:51:10 PM »
It's a shame its ended like this really. I do think our chance of getting a good deal is dwindling very quickly.
Smethwick..

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2318 on: August 01, 2021, 10:54:25 PM »
Very disappointing but also not surprising. Massive fan of the player but shocking attitude to not commit to club when we pay his wages. I’m glad VI has come out and said he doesn’t need the best/most expensive players, just committed ones. Shows he had real faith in his system.

Will be very interesting to see if we don’t find a good offer for him and he has to commit to club  ::)
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2319 on: August 01, 2021, 10:57:45 PM »
Don't understand players who can't commit but sign 4 year deals which is a commitment they make of their own free will.

As Rus above me says will be interesting to see how he behaves if he can't get his move.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2320 on: August 01, 2021, 11:11:35 PM »
It wouldn't be my preference, but letting him go out for a sizeable loan fee might turn out to be the best option.  It restricts what transfer business we could do, but it is better than selling him for too low a fee.

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2321 on: August 01, 2021, 11:15:19 PM »
It wouldn't be my preference, but letting him go out for a sizeable loan fee might turn out to be the best option.  It restricts what transfer business we could do, but it is better than selling him for too low a fee.

Feels like this is now our best option. I certainly would not sell him for the 15m he's hoping for so he can fill his pockets.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2322 on: August 01, 2021, 11:15:44 PM »
I feel like Ismael has maybe been a bit too candid with going public about the Pereira situation. If we have a toxic situation in the open then it could make our bargaining position weaker. Then again, maybe Ismael isn’t too fussed about that as he just wants some limited funds in as quickly as possible  to get a couple more players and so if it’s £15m, £20m or £30m, it doesn’t really matter to him.

It’s playing out exactly as some of us thought it might, with a miserable summer transfer saga, I’m just surprised so far at the lack of interest in a player who is probably available at a relatively reasonable price and who had such a good second half to last season. When top Championship playmakers are costing you between £18m-£25m (Eze, Maddison, Benrahma all in recent years), then a premier league proven player like Pereira must surely be a bargain at £25, which is the price I think we would probably accept.

I am worried that he could very easily end up going out on loan this year, or that we end up accepting a really disappointing fee. We never really seem to be able to sell players at peak value.
Boing Boing

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2323 on: August 01, 2021, 11:22:22 PM »
I feel like Ismael has maybe been a bit too candid with going public about the Pereira situation. If we have a toxic situation in the open then it could make our bargaining position weaker.
Maybe he's trying to flush out some bids? The longer the situation goes on, the longer it's going to take Pereira to get properly match-fit, and Valerien's making it clear to all would-be suitors that he has no intention of playing him.

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2324 on: August 01, 2021, 11:23:53 PM »
Don't see what else VI could do. The board have already shown our hand.