Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 259949 times)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #1825 on: June 07, 2021, 02:01:52 PM »
Mirror are suggesting that his agent has contacted Leeds about a possible move, but at this stage they're not interested.
Worryingly seeing a figure £15m having been agreed for him to leave (as in we've said if we get a bid around that we'll let him go) although that could be just rumour

I guess we don't know if there is a minimum transfer fee in his contract.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1826 on: June 07, 2021, 02:05:32 PM »
Would be mad to sell him for £15m unless he's kicking an absolute stink up to leave.  Even at £15m he's a bargain.  If someone had said we could sign someone as good as he is for £15m this summer we'd snap their hand off.

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1827 on: June 07, 2021, 02:13:05 PM »
15m is nuts. I'm sure i read he has no release clause.

He can sit on the bench and be a tit if the worst comes to the worst and he doesnt have a clause no way should we sell for 15m. Buendia deal announced just at £33m basic +£5m in bonus AND sell on clause. So that's over 40m in total.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1828 on: June 07, 2021, 02:15:09 PM »
If no-one meets our valuation then we are left with a player who I suspect would sooner be somewhere else.
This could drag on and the outcome could be less than ideal for us.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1829 on: June 07, 2021, 02:16:26 PM »
15m is nuts. I'm sure i read he has no release clause.

He can sit on the bench and be a tit if the worst comes to the worst and he doesnt have a clause no way should we sell for 15m. Buendia deal announced just at £33m basic +£5m in bonus AND sell on clause. So that's over 40m in total.

Can't remember seeing an official valuation for Pereira, so we might all be jumping the gun a bit.

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1830 on: June 07, 2021, 02:18:15 PM »
Can't remember seeing an official valuation for Pereira, so we might all be jumping the gun a bit.

No but i'm a man with no confidence in the people in charge so wouldn't surprise me if we bit  ;D

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1831 on: June 07, 2021, 03:12:14 PM »
If he had a £15m release clause I think he would already be gone. Every club in the division would have triggered it so I’d be inclined to think it’s bull.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 03:14:28 PM by johnny Cash »

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1832 on: June 07, 2021, 04:45:51 PM »
There’s never been anything about a release clause previously quoted? I mean I wouldn’t put it past us after turning down god knows how much for Jonny Evans and letting him go through his clause for peanuts... I’d like to think he’d give us a season in the champ but someone of his quality it would be hard to keep hold of

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1833 on: June 07, 2021, 04:53:16 PM »
Mirror are suggesting that his agent has contacted Leeds about a possible move, but at this stage they're not interested.
Worryingly seeing a figure £15m having been agreed for him to leave (as in we've said if we get a bid around that we'll let him go) although that could be just rumour

Its almost certainly a rumour. No way is he going for 15 million. I've said to friends it will be closer to 25 million.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1834 on: June 07, 2021, 06:16:00 PM »
I'm quietly confident that if he had a release clause as low as rumoured we'd have heard all about it via his agent way, way, way before now.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1835 on: June 07, 2021, 09:42:23 PM »
Terms of his future deal were already arranged before the loan spell so doubt very much there is a release clause.
Hoping we price out suitors and people get carried away with purchases off the back of the euros so we get another season out of him
O Albion we love you

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1836 on: June 08, 2021, 06:29:15 AM »
Terms of his future deal were already arranged before the loan spell so doubt very much there is a release clause.
Hoping we price out suitors and people get carried away with purchases off the back of the euros so we get another season out of him
I thought there was a an upgraded contract. signed later?

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1837 on: June 08, 2021, 08:00:49 AM »

We never ever upgraded terms there was talk but it never happened
O Albion we love you

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1838 on: June 08, 2021, 06:56:01 PM »

We offered less than he expected...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1839 on: June 08, 2021, 09:18:53 PM »
If we’re not prepared to pay compensation to appoint a half decent manager then you can bet your bottom dollar that he’s going to be sold under the odds to finance our summer rebuild  ::)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1840 on: June 08, 2021, 09:24:26 PM »
If we’re not prepared to pay compensation to appoint a half decent manager then you can bet your bottom dollar that he’s going to be sold under the odds to finance our summer rebuild  ::)

I hope not. The thing is, what was so particularly special about Appleton from Lincoln or Cooper at Swansea, nothing. Certainly not enough to justify paying a ton of money out from them ahead of Wilder or Wagner.  If Lai really wants his money back then I don't think he can afford to sell Matheus any time soon.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1841 on: June 08, 2021, 09:40:45 PM »
I hope not. The thing is, what was so particularly special about Appleton from Lincoln or Cooper at Swansea, nothing. Certainly not enough to justify paying a ton of money out from them ahead of Wilder or Wagner.  If Lai really wants his money back then I don't think he can afford to sell Matheus any time soon.

The appointment (and shirt photoshoot) gives me hope Pereira will stay.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1842 on: June 08, 2021, 11:37:06 PM »
I don't imagine that he'll stay for a moment (in fact I expect the club to be trying hard to push him out of the door for the money), but it does seem to me that he'd fit in with Wagner's style pretty well.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1843 on: June 09, 2021, 07:02:25 AM »
I would prefer to see him loaned out for say £5 fee and that gives us the option of keeping him if we get promoted or if we fail he can go with our blessing, the cash coming in handy for the following season push for promotion.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1844 on: June 09, 2021, 07:20:52 AM »
I would prefer to see him loaned out for say £5 fee and that gives us the option of keeping him if we get promoted or if we fail he can go with our blessing, the cash coming in handy for the following season push for promotion.

Loan with option to buy for a set amount if we fail to go up is tolerable. However obviously prefer he stays for the championship campaign. Hoping the price of Buendia and the euro campaign making people buy what they see in tournament keeps him off people's hit list.
O Albion we love you

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1845 on: June 09, 2021, 09:30:47 AM »

No - that's the worst of all deals.  We need cash to strengthen amid the big drop in TV money.   £5m loan fee will not get us very far and we'd be without both Pereira himself and several others needed to get us back up. 

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1846 on: June 09, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »
No - that's the worst of all deals.  We need cash to strengthen amid the big drop in TV money.   £5m loan fee will not get us very far and we'd be without both Pereira himself and several others needed to get us back up.

Agreed that makes no sense. I would keep him at all costs for the next season, given the importance of getting promoted. We can always sell him next summer if we don't go back up.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1847 on: June 09, 2021, 08:03:08 PM »
Really hope our new gaffer keeps him, I think we have a few players that can be hopeful of fitting in with Wagners style and a few that won't.
Unless we get a ridiculous offer in I don't see why we would sell him, he gives us a great chance of going back up with him in the side.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1848 on: June 09, 2021, 09:07:35 PM »
Really hope our new gaffer keeps him, I think we have a few players that can be hopeful of fitting in with Wagners style and a few that won't.
Unless we get a ridiculous offer in I don't see why we would sell him, he gives us a great chance of going back up with him in the side.

I doubt if the new gaffer will have any say.
I would imagine that Lai's aim is to recoup his losses.
Unless its on Zoom or TEAMS, I doubt if there's been a straight conversation between owner and manager

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1849 on: June 09, 2021, 09:24:13 PM »
Agreed that makes no sense. I would keep him at all costs for the next season, given the importance of getting promoted. We can always sell him next summer if we don't go back up.
Have you considered that he may well not want to stay now that we've been relegated? Contracts suddenly don't mean a lot when players make it clear that they want to leave.