Author Topic: Semi Ajayi  (Read 88231 times)

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Semi Ajayi
« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2021, 08:56:19 AM »
Ajayi is an asset.  He had to do his own and Ivanovitch's running and interventions last season.  There's a good player there, just needs some finishing coaching as have many of our youngsters*.  Maybe the new regime is better at this.

*Not sure this applied to Harper
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2021, 09:44:04 AM »
Ajayi is an asset.  He had to do his own and Ivanovitch's running and interventions last season.  There's a good player there, just needs some finishing coaching as have many of our youngsters
I'm not sure Ajayi can still be regarded as a youngster at the age of 27?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2021, 09:52:27 AM »
I think he will be a key player this year, he makes mistakes yes, but he has that invaluable yard or two of pace off the mark and he chips in with the odd goal too.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2021, 10:48:58 AM »
Lets not forget he has stepped up twice from Rotherham 2? years ago to playing the elite teams last season, has he had issues with this ? Sure!!, but he has never shirked responsibility and as others have said had little stability alongside him (perm from Hegazi / Bartley / O'shea / Ivanovic) or coaching him.

I like the lad and I am confident that at Chumps level this season he will excel, he has the benefit now of playing against the very best and its inevitable he will have improved. Not to say he wont have a few rickets, but thats inevitable unless he can become a Des Walker / Vincent Kompany (we wish)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2021, 12:31:57 PM »
Please do not ask for twitter accounts as they will be deleted, we are not promoting clickbait on here.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2021, 10:38:48 PM »
Being linked with a move to Norwich.

For the right price I wouldn’t be sad to sell, the sceptic in me wouldn’t want to just because it leaves us very short next summer with Bartley another year older and Clarke going back to Brighton.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2021, 10:41:45 PM »
He's poor but has pace. £6 million at least please.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2021, 10:51:37 PM »
Saw this on Twitter but haven’t seen it come from anywhere reliable. All I can find is another dodgy ITK type account. I’d be dubious, but open to selling him at the right price. He does what we need him to at this level but I think he would be replaceable and he isn’t a top flight defender.
Boing Boing

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #333 on: July 26, 2021, 08:15:54 AM »
anyone goes at the right price !  What price for Semi is the question

Semi Ajayi earns £13,000 per week, £676,000 per year playing for West Bromwich Albion as a D (C), DM. Semi Ajayi's net worth is £2,007,200. Semi Ajayi is 26 years old and was born in Nigeria. His current contract expires June 30, 2023.  (from salarysport.com)

On this basis we should be looking for £8-10m from a prem club IMO.  As he is currently "only" on £13k Norwich should be making him a tempting offer I would think.
Albion Family !!!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #334 on: July 26, 2021, 08:18:52 AM »
anyone goes at the right price !  What price for Semi is the question

Semi Ajayi earns £13,000 per week, £676,000 per year playing for West Bromwich Albion as a D (C), DM. Semi Ajayi's net worth is £2,007,200. Semi Ajayi is 26 years old and was born in Nigeria. His current contract expires June 30, 2023.  (from salarysport.com)

On this basis we should be looking for £8-10m from a prem club IMO.  As he is currently "only" on £13k Norwich should be making him a tempting offer I would think.

He will be earning significantly more than that at Albion in my opinion. No facts to back it up but expect that he will earn north of £20k per week. Agree about the fee we should get.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #335 on: July 26, 2021, 08:36:20 AM »
He definitely dropped a clanger or 10 last year but he’s better on the Championship, more his level, and his pace will be crucial in this set up so I’d rather not lose him. That said an offer of around £10 million would tempt me.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #336 on: July 26, 2021, 02:34:23 PM »
He definitely dropped a clanger or 10 last year but he’s better on the Championship, more his level, and his pace will be crucial in this set up so I’d rather not lose him. That said an offer of around £10 million would tempt me.

10m!!!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #337 on: July 26, 2021, 02:37:39 PM »
10m!!!

It's the modern market I suppose. We don't NEED to sell him and he's valuable in the Championship. This means we can name our price, and I doubt he'd moan like Perreira.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #338 on: July 26, 2021, 02:38:30 PM »
It's the modern market I suppose. We don't NEED to sell him and he's valuable in the Championship. This means we can name our price, and I doubt he'd moan like Perreira.

I'm no betting man but I'll have a tenner with anyone that we won't get 10m for Semi.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #339 on: July 26, 2021, 03:08:55 PM »
He will be earning significantly more than that at Albion in my opinion. No facts to back it up but expect that he will earn north of £20k per week. Agree about the fee we should get.

I’m not sure. With a relegated Rotherham it’s not unreasonable to think he’s be on £5k or so. So coming to us for £1.5m we give him a big increase to £13k, and £26k in the prem. I don’t think he’s signed a new contract.

If we reject any norwich offer I expect we would see a new contract given. It may be agent driven for a new contract anyway.

I’d ask for £8m but sell for £6m to be honest.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2021, 03:13:42 PM »
I’m not sure. With a relegated Rotherham it’s not unreasonable to think he’s be on £5k or so. So coming to us for £1.5m we give him a big increase to £13k, and £26k in the prem. I don’t think he’s signed a new contract.

If we reject any norwich offer I expect we would see a new contract given. It may be agent driven for a new contract anyway.

I’d ask for £8m but sell for £6m to be honest.

I'd much rather keep him. We can't sell everyone and to be frank I simply don't trust our recruitment to adequately replace. He's one of the players who is comfortable at this level.

If we were to sell anything North of 5m would be appropriate.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2021, 04:51:29 PM »
I'm no betting man but I'll have a tenner with anyone that we won't get 10m for Semi.

Kind of my point really. An overpriced bud would be the only thing that would tempt me. Contracted to June 2023, in his prime years and seems to have a good reputation among other clubs and fans (we know the truth!) but £5-6 is not enough and KN22 stated £8-10 million so I chose that as the top end figure that I would pick.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2021, 05:11:48 PM »
Kind of my point really. An overpriced bud would be the only thing that would tempt me. Contracted to June 2023, in his prime years and seems to have a good reputation among other clubs and fans (we know the truth!) but £5-6 is not enough and KN22 stated £8-10 million so I chose that as the top end figure that I would pick.

Sell him for a good price (around £8m) and buy Jack Hendry as a replacement (around £5m). 

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #343 on: July 28, 2021, 12:06:43 AM »
Sell him for a good price (around £8m) and buy Jack Hendry as a replacement (around £5m).

Again. Who on God's greenest earth would pay 8m for Semi Ajaye?

Serious question.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #344 on: July 28, 2021, 04:43:00 AM »
Short term thinking would be to hold on to him, long term strategy would be look at getting a replacement that we would be an asset and not a liability in the Prem.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #345 on: July 28, 2021, 07:53:21 AM »

Serious question.

A team without Scouts or any form of visual and statistical anysis? I like Semi, and he was fantastic value, but he is not a top level player to demand big money for.  Good pace and decent in the tackle but not the best positionally and can be woeful with the ball.  Doesn't come with the natural leadership qualities of someone like Barts either, which papers over some of the cracks in his game. 

Think he will be an important player for us this year though.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #346 on: July 28, 2021, 10:39:37 AM »
Short term thinking would be to hold on to him, long term strategy would be look at getting a replacement that we would be an asset and not a liability in the Prem.

You think it’s realistic to sign a high quality premiership centre back whilst we are in the championship? Proven premiership players of quality would not drop to our level so we would be left signing another centre back to replace him with no top flight experience. Not content with changing manager every season some of our fans now also want the squad dismantled. It’s naive. Ajayi had his ups and downs last season but has a big part to play alongside Bartley this.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #347 on: July 28, 2021, 12:19:15 PM »

Serious question.

Naarwich !   Watford !   
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #348 on: July 28, 2021, 12:49:19 PM »
You think it’s realistic to sign a high quality premiership centre back whilst we are in the championship? Proven premiership players of quality would not drop to our level so we would be left signing another centre back to replace him with no top flight experience. Not content with changing manager every season some of our fans now also want the squad dismantled. It’s naive. Ajayi had his ups and downs last season but has a big part to play alongside Bartley this.

Aside from him not saying that...

We know Ajayi isn't up to it. So get rid and try and find one who might be. Olson and McAuley were not proven until they got there.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #349 on: July 28, 2021, 01:01:35 PM »
Naarwich !   Watford !

8m? Those clubs would pay that for him?

I'll have a pint of what you're on... 😉