Author Topic: Semi Ajayi  (Read 89311 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Semi Ajayi
« on: July 17, 2019, 07:11:55 PM »
ALan Nixon one minute ago

"West Brom. Looking to do a deal for big Semi Ajayi at Rotherham. Shrewd one."

He was very decent in a very poor team. Would like to see this one happen.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:06:37 AM by Political Cake »

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Re: Semi Ajayi
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 07:25:51 PM »
ALan Nixon one minute ago

"West Brom. Looking to do a deal for big Semi Ajayi at Rotherham. Shrewd one."

He was very decent in a very poor team. Would like to see this one happen.

Depends on the price but he looks decent to be fair. I haven't really seen enough to judge properly though

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 09:23:45 PM »
Matt Wilson at the express and star has just confirmed Semi Ajayi has been bid for , rumours flying about around the 2.5 million mark

#wba are indeed keen on #rufc defender Semi Ajayi (hat tip to @reluctantnicko). If it gets done it would be a great piece of business  in my opinion, was very impressed when I saw him last season

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 09:24:14 PM »
Matt Wilson has confirmed the Semi Ajayi rumour. More like it. A permanent deal for a player on the way up.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 09:30:27 PM »
£2.5 m is a great deal if we get it done. HIm and Hegazi would be solid.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 09:35:58 PM »
£2.5 m is a great deal if we get it done. HIm and Hegazi would be solid.

Thought he was more of a defensive mid that could play CB if needed? Either way would be good business this right age, played well last year I can see Rotherham holding out for something around 4 mill though.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 10:04:08 PM »
Thought he was more of a defensive mid that could play CB if needed? Either way would be good business this right age, played well last year I can see Rotherham holding out for something around 4 mill though.

I'll be honest when i've noticed him it's at CB he's played, you may well be right!

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 10:04:32 PM »
Rotherham boss has said the club have received 2 bids from championships clubs, neither worth accepting though. He was supposed to be on the bench for them in tonight’s friendly though and was pulled out last minute.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 10:15:36 PM »
Rotherham boss has said the club have received 2 bids from championships clubs, neither worth accepting though. He was supposed to be on the bench for them in tonight’s friendly though and was pulled out last minute.

Some eagled eyed fans have said he now follows us and Cardiff’s twitter accounts.

Would be a good signing for us.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 08:44:25 AM »
I liked the look of Ajayi when Rotherham were at our place, stood out and looked tidy on the ball.

Could become a shrewd bit of business if we can get it done, especially at the price being quoted.

Not sure on where we would look to play him, would he slot in the defensive midfielder role and be cover for centre back if Hegazi/Bartley get injured, or are we looking to bring him in alongside Hegazi at the back.

Hopefully we can tie him and Zohore up today and the squad will start to look a little bit more healthy.

wbatillidie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 08:25:40 PM »
Daily Mail reporting that we've agreed a 1.3m fee for Ajayi. Can't say I've seen much of him but a lot of people seem to be raving about him on twitter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7262363/West-Brom-swoop-Rotherham-defender-Semi-Ajayi-1-3m-deal.html
"You'll never get past Claudio"

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 08:35:12 PM »
Daily Mail reporting that we've agreed a 1.3m fee for Ajayi. Can't say I've seen much of him but a lot of people seem to be raving about him on twitter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7262363/West-Brom-swoop-Rotherham-defender-Semi-Ajayi-1-3m-deal.html
That's a good fee if true.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 08:38:10 PM »

Seems very cheap for arguably their best player. Looks an interesting one although for some reason I've just had a flashback of Pedro Pele and Leon Barnett!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 08:43:19 PM »
That's a bargain at 1.3! I thought it would be about 3.5-4m myself but hopefully thats true.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 08:56:52 PM »
Seems very cheap for arguably their best player. Looks an interesting one although for some reason I've just had a flashback of Pedro Pele and Leon Barnett!
With ourselves and Leeds interested I expected Rotherham to play hard ball, i think it's a great price but expected it to be a lot higher. didn t realise he also bagged 7 goals last season after he was played further forward. nice to see some young promising players arriving at the club for Bilic to start working with.

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 09:09:02 PM »
With ourselves and Leeds interested I expected Rotherham to play hard ball, i think it's a great price but expected it to be a lot higher. didn t realise he also bagged 7 goals last season after he was played further forward. nice to see some young promising players arriving at the club for Bilic to start working with.
According to a respected Rotherham journalist, it's us and Barnsley interested

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 09:09:40 PM »

Cannot be true - thought they had already rejected £2.5m?
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 09:15:51 PM »
probably a typo and means £3.1M
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 09:25:05 PM »
Rotherham fans have pointed out in Twitter that the same journalist reported Cardiff were signing Vaulks from them for 1.5 million, only for it to turn out as closer to 4.

That said, the reporter did get it right that a deal had been struck for Vaulks, so may have an in at Rotherham. I'm guessing a fee may have been agreed, but possibly for more than reported?
Boing Boing

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 09:29:40 PM »
Rotherham fans have pointed out in Twitter that the same journalist reported Cardiff were signing Vaulks from them for 1.5 million, only for it to turn out as closer to 4.

That said, the reporter did get it right that a deal had been struck for Vaulks, so may have an in at Rotherham. I'm guessing a fee may have been agreed, but possibly for more than reported?
did anyone think it might be that the fee is what he stated and the total is higher due to add ons and agency fees?

Payney_WBA

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 09:30:33 PM »
Same Journo has just posted he was not referring to the Daily Mail story so who knows what’s going on  ;)

It’s the most wonderful time of the year Haha
The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want; He makes me down to lie, In pastures green; He leadeth me, The quiet waters by. The West Brom! The West Brom!

StourBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 09:36:35 PM »
Cannot be true - thought they had already rejected £2.5m?

I thought this also. £2.5m turned down because they wanted between £3.5m - £5m.

Who knows. I hope we get him though as he sounds a decent prospect, is the right age and also versatile which will be vital if we have a small squad.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 09:37:50 PM »
Same Journo has just posted he was not referring to the Daily Mail story so who knows what’s going on  ;)

It’s the most wonderful time of the year Haha

Which journalist saying what? Sorry, confused what you mean.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 09:48:02 PM »
From reading between the lines / some posts on line, I think we “may” have had a bid accepted but it’s not 1.3.

Payney_WBA

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 09:49:55 PM »
Which journalist saying what? Sorry, confused what you mean.

Apologies, the local Rotherham journo seemed to say the £1.3m bid was rubbish but then stated he wasn’t referring to the Daily Mail story.
The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want; He makes me down to lie, In pastures green; He leadeth me, The quiet waters by. The West Brom! The West Brom!