Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 217512 times)

geoffwestbromnil

• WBA Newbie

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #950 on: June 25, 2021, 07:09:46 PM »
Probably spoken to a few people and watched the compilation of his highlights; 2 minutes later, decision made  :D

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #951 on: June 25, 2021, 07:11:46 PM »
Good luck Rekeem!

Any sell-on clause?
The PRIDE of midlands

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #952 on: June 25, 2021, 07:12:40 PM »
Good luck Rekeem!

Any sell-on clause?

OS doesn't say. Very brief. Imagine more details to come out later.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #953 on: June 25, 2021, 07:22:19 PM »
Gone to Ipswich (undisclosed). So much for taking a look  ;D
I think this is for the best as he doesn't seem to have it in him to play in the manner that Valerien will require. All the best to him at Ipswich.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #954 on: June 25, 2021, 07:24:19 PM »
Wages off the bill, which can only be a good thing. £500k initial plus add ons plus possibly a sell-on (not clear), from local Journos.

Plus, another £500k minimum to the tally of fees raised from Academy products.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #955 on: June 25, 2021, 07:32:10 PM »
Good luck Rekeem, should have been given a chance by Moore and Shan who new him well from youth setup.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #956 on: June 25, 2021, 07:34:24 PM »
Good luck Rekeem, should have been given a chance by Moore and Shan who new him well from youth setup.

Surely that's quite telling if they knew him well and still chose not to use him. Not good enough much like Field hence why none of these coaches are using them.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #957 on: June 25, 2021, 07:38:13 PM »
I have no problem with his leaving as I don’t think he’s good enough. A little strange in terms of timing though. New coach surely has had no say either way which I do find odd.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #958 on: June 25, 2021, 08:05:15 PM »
I have no problem with his leaving as I don’t think he’s good enough. A little strange in terms of timing though. New coach surely has had no say either way which I do find odd.
Agreed it would be strange but he has been appointed so he may well have run his eyes over footage of Harper's 1st team appearances and OK'd the deal.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #959 on: June 25, 2021, 08:54:09 PM »
Didn't give the new manager much opportunity to cast his eye over. Maybe they are very confident about having a new creative midfielder lined up.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #960 on: June 25, 2021, 09:09:18 PM »
It would have made more sense to delay the deal for a month to allow the new manager to assess the player. He may have seen in Harper something others haven’t. Definitely short sighted sale in my view. I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #961 on: June 25, 2021, 09:35:03 PM »
The new manager has probably studied Harper's data already and unsurprisingly decided he wont cut it. I'd be amazed if Sawyers figures next season as well.

Sometimes you just need to look at the stats.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #962 on: June 25, 2021, 09:39:11 PM »
The new manager has probably studied Harper's data already and unsurprisingly decided he wont cut it. I'd be amazed if Sawyers figures next season as well.

I can't see that Sawyers is going to make it under Ismael either.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #963 on: June 25, 2021, 09:45:20 PM »

How can you assess a player by just looking at stats? They don't give a complete picture. Also diferent players fit into different systems better.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #964 on: June 25, 2021, 09:50:34 PM »
It just proves that the football side of things didn’t stop, like some seemed convinced of, when Dowling went.
The wheels have continued turning.
Not good enough for us in all honesty maybe this will be his break but we have given him a fantastic start.
Another academy success

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #965 on: June 25, 2021, 09:50:56 PM »
How can you assess a player by just looking at stats? They don't give a complete picture. Also diferent players fit into different systems better.

If, for example,  you are a manager that demands a high press or a certain distance covered in games it would be pretty clear that Sawyers and Harper are going to fall well short.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #966 on: June 25, 2021, 10:04:35 PM »
Another academy success
It is if you see the purpose of the Academy as being to produce players of League 1 or League 2 standard. To my mind, unless players are regularly produced who become fixtures in our first team, the Academy is failing.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #967 on: June 25, 2021, 10:14:35 PM »
If, for example,  you are a manager that demands a high press or a certain distance covered in games it would be pretty clear that Sawyers and Harper are going to fall well short.
Yes, if you took the view that players can never change or be coached.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #968 on: June 25, 2021, 10:20:06 PM »
It is if you see the purpose of the Academy as being to produce players of League 1 or League 2 standard. To my mind, unless players are regularly produced who become fixtures in our first team, the Academy is failing.
Any academy sabotaged by Dowling
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town
« Reply #969 on: June 25, 2021, 10:31:05 PM »
On the official site -

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/rekeem-harper-joins-ipswich

Undisclosed fee

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #970 on: June 25, 2021, 10:32:39 PM »

In my mind the academy’s job is to have a positive net worth and perform well in relation to academies at clubs of a similar size (in terms of players making it, not youth team results).  The net worth can either be players in our first team or players sold. 

I don’t know enough about other academies to know if our output is good comparatively, but it does seem to have a positive net worth over the past few years. 

With that said I do think harper may be a success for the academy but I do wonder if the club failed him and the academy in the early days of his pro career.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town
« Reply #971 on: June 25, 2021, 10:36:25 PM »
Good luck Rekeem, all the best for the future.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #972 on: June 25, 2021, 10:40:37 PM »
What a load of nonsense, if that were true Man City would never buy anybody, they would just get the best kids and build a team.
Any player that comes through our academy and has a professional career is a success. The vast majority of academy players do not.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #973 on: June 25, 2021, 10:49:31 PM »
What a load of nonsense, if that were true Man City would never buy anybody, they would just get the best kids and build a team.
Any player that comes through our academy and has a professional career is a success. The vast majority of academy players do not.
You may disagree with the previous poster but the opinion is as valid as yours. In short can we not refer to  someone's comments as 'a load of nonsense'.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #974 on: June 25, 2021, 10:56:42 PM »
Did I say your initial post was "a load of old nonsense"? No, I just replied giving an alternative viewpoint. It's a pity that you have to resort to abuse.