Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 216059 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #500 on: May 16, 2019, 01:05:30 PM »
I thought his performances tailed off when gossip started to get louder of him not signing the contract.

As you said, the last 5/6 performances haven't been the best, which takes you back around a month or 2 ago when they first rumours of him agreeing a deal with another club came about. I have seen from numerous people on twitter who are adamant he's off to Watford.

I wonder if they wan't Leko as well. BOGOF.
I was startled the other night to see their performance level against the level of our loanee players.

The loanees were busting a gut and these pair couldn't be bothered.
I know Leko hasn't had much game time this season, based on his performances when he has been on you can see why.
These pair are local lads so you would think they would have a certain amount of affiliation with the club.
Personally I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of the pair of them

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #501 on: May 16, 2019, 08:39:45 PM »
I wonder if they wan't Leko as well. BOGOF.
I was startled the other night to see their performance level against the level of our loanee players.

The loanees were busting a gut and these pair couldn't be bothered.
I know Leko hasn't had much game time this season, based on his performances when he has been on you can see why.
These pair are local lads so you would think they would have a certain amount of affiliation with the club.
Personally I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of the pair of them

Yes please, get rid of Leko
For a young player, by all accounts a local lad, trying to break into the first team, and playing against local rivals in such an important game, he did himself no favours by jogging about hardly breaking a sweat, when he ought to have been busting a gut
We might has well have been down to 9 men
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #502 on: May 16, 2019, 09:02:48 PM »
Too many of these youngsters seem to have a bad attitude problem, maybe they think that they’re much better than they really are or expect a shed load of cash before they’ve even cemented a first team place.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #503 on: May 16, 2019, 09:05:08 PM »
I sort of like him but I'm not sure of his position is,I think he might be better as a defensive midfielder than attacker.
But he seems muscle bound he was poor last night and for a 19 year old doesn't have much speed,not bothered if he stays or goes really

You got to be joking. He's the only midfielder at the club with a change of pace, maybe with Phillips. He's never a defensive midfielder. He can turn and go past players with the ball. Problem is for some reason, he hasn't been showing much of it lately.
Just a month ago most people were saying we should make sure he signs a new contract.  Like alot of young players,he's just  inconsistent.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #504 on: May 17, 2019, 06:57:06 PM »
Thought I read he was off to Watford.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:09:13 PM by MarkW »
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #505 on: May 18, 2019, 09:21:26 AM »
Thought I read he was off to Watford.

Done deal someone said. ???

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #506 on: May 18, 2019, 10:09:36 AM »
Been handed a second and final contract offer according to Dowling's statement. Let's see what happens..

I feel shocked that we have only offered two contracts. Big Dave said talks were ongoing and getting closer months ago. I don't believe Big Dave would lie so what have we been doing?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #507 on: May 18, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »
I feel shocked that we have only offered two contracts. Big Dave said talks were ongoing and getting closer months ago. I don't believe Big Dave would lie so what have we been doing?

Do you know the offers in those contracts?
I think Big Dave wasn't lying but probably not telling the whole truth.
The club feel that they have made a decent and final offer.
We've seen Harper, we've seen his talent, we've also seen that he downs tools if it doesn't go his way.
If he goes, he goes. There's lots of talent out there, we just need someone to spot and nurture it

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #508 on: May 18, 2019, 11:15:41 AM »
Do you know the offers in those contracts?
I think Big Dave wasn't lying but probably not telling the whole truth.
The club feel that they have made a decent and final offer.
We've seen Harper, we've seen his talent, we've also seen that he downs tools if it doesn't go his way.
If he goes, he goes. There's lots of talent out there, we just need someone to spot and nurture it

Exactly, the club cant continually be held to ransom by greedy agents and jumped up arrogant young players. Harper has done little in the last few months to justify any improved offer to what he has already been given. His attitude stinks to be honest, would rather get rid regardless of any apparent talent.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #509 on: May 18, 2019, 11:33:03 AM »
Now where have I seen something similar about another up and coming Baggies young player????
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #510 on: May 18, 2019, 11:36:34 AM »
No more prima donnas please,we've had enough of them.
If they really want to play for us great its honest players with skills I want to see.
Who does Harper think he is? We've made him what he is so far,where's the gratitude ?
Give us say 3 years see how it goes for both sides,the grass isn't always greener is it? If he's hanging out for big money and no match playing leave then.
If no one comes in for him,hang him out to dry and don't sign him.
Sounds like bera  brown etc,troublemakers.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #511 on: May 18, 2019, 05:58:39 PM »
I think the whole “attitude” thing is unfair, as there is little evidence of that, other than him being inconsistent. Not signing a contract is just the way of the game now - if he wasn’t good enough we would dump him out on his backside, so I suppose he is entitled to see if he can get a better offer elsewhere.

It is annoying and frustrating though that we keep haemorrhaging players from our academy without getting any financial reward. I look at Norwich, who must have made over £40 million in recent seasons for their academy products, compared to us who have a load of players in the prem and league 1, and yet have made a lot less (Leeds strikerforce of Roofe and Roberts is probably currently worth about £20 million on it’s own).

We both need to start finding a way of retaining our best academy players, while also pushing the FA to start compensating us for how many we lose - we are after all putting in £2-£3 million a year to help English football.
Boing Boing

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #512 on: May 18, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »
I think the whole “attitude” thing is unfair, as there is little evidence of that, other than him being inconsistent. Not signing a contract is just the way of the game now - if he wasn’t good enough we would dump him out on his backside, so I suppose he is entitled to see if he can get a better offer elsewhere.

It is annoying and frustrating though that we keep haemorrhaging players from our academy without getting any financial reward. I look at Norwich, who must have made over £40 million in recent seasons for their academy products, compared to us who have a load of players in the prem and league 1, and yet have made a lot less (Leeds strikerforce of Roofe and Roberts is probably currently worth about £20 million on it’s own).

We both need to start finding a way of retaining our best academy players, while also pushing the FA to start compensating us for how many we lose - we are after all putting in £2-£3 million a year to help English football.

and not trying, and not bothering to chase down, and standing there throwing his arms up , and a general can't be bothered type of body language.
Have you actually watched him recently?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #513 on: May 18, 2019, 06:40:42 PM »
Barry gone , Morrison gone , Johansson gone back to Fulham , Field been out the picture and Phillips never far from injury .
Theres a huge chance right there to grab a first team shirt and develop week in , week out .
Harper could easily sign just a 2 year deal and see where both parties are 12 months in , I think he'd be badly advised to go and sit in a Premier League under 23 side or at best a bench when he lacks so many basics at the minute which is natural for his age.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #514 on: May 18, 2019, 06:46:13 PM »
This accusation of an attitude is nothing short of a disgrace, he waved his arms once and didn’t look at 100% at it in one or two games which happens sometimes at 18!
Unconscious biased going on here.... why is that?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #515 on: May 18, 2019, 06:51:25 PM »
This accusation of an attitude is nothing short of a disgrace, he waved his arms once and didn’t look at 100% at it in one or two games which happens sometimes at 18!
Unconscious biased going on here.... why is that?
I don't think Harper has a attitude problem , I just believe he's not as far along as many believe .
Pressing , keeping shape and watching his runners all need work on then again what 18 year old wouldn't need to work on it ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #516 on: May 18, 2019, 06:55:27 PM »
I don't think Harper has a attitude problem , I just believe he's not as far along as many believe .
Pressing , keeping shape and watching his runners all need work on then again what 18 year old wouldn't need to work on it ?

Yep he has a lot of work to do, can’t see it being at the Albion but at least we will money for him due to his age

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #517 on: May 18, 2019, 09:53:43 PM »
Probably end up at Leeds with the rest of our youth players. Roofe, Roberts and Brown.

allenkevanastle

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #518 on: May 19, 2019, 07:26:36 AM »
I sometimes wonder if people posting on here have any idea what it takes to be a professional footballer. These young lads have a rare and amazing ability. What they don't have is experience. So when they step up to the first team, the speed, the nous of opponents, the shouting of the crowd and the sheer physical effort is all new. Unsurprisingly, some take to it, some don't. Some, particularly creative, attacking players, will look slow on the uptake. Which 18/19 year old doesn't at times? I think we need to identify and nurture players with the talent and the right attitude so I hope Rakeem is here next year and playing regularly. Sadly, it's not looking likely

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #519 on: May 19, 2019, 08:19:12 AM »
It doesn't help anyone that we still do not have a manager.

As Harper, I imagine, a factor would be about the next manager's philosophy about style and whether they play kids.

I am not naive enough to say that money isn't the biggest factor but knowing whether you will get a look in is going to matter to some.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #520 on: May 19, 2019, 11:15:47 AM »
Being cynical, just thought.

This contract offer is for the benefit of a tribunal. They consider contract offer, length of time at the club, appearances etc.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #521 on: May 21, 2019, 07:52:11 AM »
CELTIC GIVE ENGLISH MIDFIELDER THE VIP TREATMENT FOR TROPHY DAY WIN OVER HEARTS

Being tempted by Champions League football

Source: https://videocelts.com/2019/05/blogs/latest-news/celtic-give-english-midfielder-the-vip-treatment-for-trophy-day-win-over-hearts/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #522 on: May 21, 2019, 07:57:44 AM »
CELTIC GIVE ENGLISH MIDFIELDER THE VIP TREATMENT FOR TROPHY DAY WIN OVER HEARTS

Being tempted by Champions League football

Source: https://videocelts.com/2019/05/blogs/latest-news/celtic-give-english-midfielder-the-vip-treatment-for-trophy-day-win-over-hearts/
Well you can't blame him for taking a look, but if he goes there he is not as smart as I think he is.
Have the club done enough. Would be interesting to know how the offer made to him compares to some of our old guard.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #523 on: May 21, 2019, 09:16:52 AM »
Now we know why Lennon was here.
I'd like to know where he got his tickets from though?  ;D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #524 on: May 21, 2019, 09:25:29 AM »
that report is confirmation of our thoughts, that we will not see Rekeem in the stripes again. Lessons need to be learnt !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!