Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 216067 times)

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2019, 03:56:42 PM »
Any one know why it's taking so long to get this deal done and why wasn't he signed up longer when he first signed a professional contract.
And why didn't we get him signed up to a two year contract or whatever the max is for u19s?  It could always have been upgraded later.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2019, 05:28:12 PM »
Any one know why it's taking so long to get this deal done and why wasn't he signed up longer when he first signed a professional contract.

I read recently that Spurs were showing an interest in him, so that might be influencing his and his agents decision, if it is true
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2019, 06:02:38 PM »
I read recently that Spurs were showing an interest in him, so that might be influencing his and his agents decision, if it is true
Wasn't there another one of our players interesting Spurs in the past?
Oh Yes...He is now at Stoke (for the time being), he destroyed himself so many times too.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #303 on: March 04, 2019, 06:39:51 PM »
Wasn't there another one of our players interesting Spurs in the past?
Oh Yes...He is now at Stoke (for the time being), he destroyed himself so many times too.

Sorry, I don’t get your comparison, perhaps you could explain  :)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #304 on: March 04, 2019, 06:54:09 PM »
'We want to see him stay': West Brom hopeful of keeping teenage prospect Rekeem Harper despite interest from Premier League clubs

Fingers crossed

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6770027/West-Brom-hopeful-keeping-teenage-prospect-Rekeem-Harper.html
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #305 on: March 04, 2019, 08:32:49 PM »
Sorry, I don’t get your comparison, perhaps you could explain  :)
I think his name is Sad:o

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #306 on: March 04, 2019, 08:46:40 PM »
I think his name is Sad:o

No, sorry, still don’t get it
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2019, 08:46:06 AM »
No, sorry, still don’t get it

I think he's suggesting that whatever the motivation the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Don't quote me on it though  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2019, 08:52:27 AM »
I think he's suggesting that whatever the motivation the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Don't quote me on it though  ;D .

Hardly a comparison between two different types of characters, one throws his dumb out the perambulator and the other seems more sensible and levelheaded. It’s only natural players will want to better themselves, but it’s the way they go about it surely that’s the comparison. ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2019, 09:04:36 AM »
Hardly a comparison between two different types of characters, one throws his dumb out the perambulator and the other seems more sensible and levelheaded. It’s only natural players will want to better themselves, but it’s the way they go about it surely that’s the comparison. ;)

I'm not suggesting differently. I think we'll have a better idea of what's going on when he turns nineteen on Friday. For me, no deal in place and signed by Monday reduces our chances of keeping him. As stated previously though, if I were his agent he wouldn't be signing a damn thing until we knew what division and what budget or potential game time pot we'd be dealing in. And as also previously suggested I'd have taken out extra insurance for him ahead of potential injury between now and then to help cover him just in case.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2019, 09:24:36 AM »
I'm not suggesting differently. I think we'll have a better idea of what's going on when he turns nineteen on Friday. For me, no deal in place and signed by Monday reduces our chances of keeping him. As stated previously though, if I were his agent he wouldn't be signing a damn thing until we knew what division and what budget or potential game time pot we'd be dealing in. And as also previously suggested I'd have taken out extra insurance for him ahead of potential injury between now and then to help cover him just in case.

I totally agree with you and have posted similar in the recent past. It applies to all our up and coming stars and who would blame them, that’s why we need promotion.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2019, 09:31:09 AM »
“Why young English players are in high demand in Europe”

We don’t only have to concerned about losing our youn stars to Premier League clubs, European clubs are also on the prowl

Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47422209
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2019, 11:13:04 AM »
You seem to live in a world where WBA have some sort of magical hold over players. Harper has an agent, paid by the player to look after his long term interests, which may not coincide with WBA's interests. The days of players being conned by clubs into signing deals which disadvantage them are long gone.
What do you want? Daily updates? Do you really think the club isn't keen to sort this out ffs??

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #313 on: March 05, 2019, 12:57:30 PM »
I totally agree with you and have posted similar in the recent past. It applies to all our up and coming stars and who would blame them, that’s why we need promotion.

I don't think Harper would get regular game time in the premier league, I think with promotion he'd be back on the bench at best same with all our young players. We'd be looking at improving the squad across the board.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #314 on: March 05, 2019, 01:17:03 PM »
I don't think Harper would get regular game time in the premier league, I think with promotion he'd be back on the bench at best same with all our young players. We'd be looking at improving the squad across the board.

The point I was attempting to make was that we’d probably be able to afford higher wages and persuade them to stay, your possible right about them being bench warmers, but for a top premier club, they may not even make the bench. And certainly for some of the European clubs, they’d be playing regular first team football
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #315 on: March 05, 2019, 03:29:14 PM »
This situation is looking rather too ominous for my liking.  Its March and the ‘finishing touches’ to his new contract have been taking months to sort out.  I’d now say it’s looking more likely that he will leave than he will stay.  Moore may like him as do I but it might be time we got him out the team, maybe the first team picture altogether.   We can’t let a lad learn on the job when he is prepared to the dirty on us in a month or two. 
"This crack is really moreish."

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #316 on: March 05, 2019, 04:02:40 PM »
This situation is looking rather too ominous for my liking.  Its March and the ‘finishing touches’ to his new contract have been taking months to sort out.  I’d now say it’s looking more likely that he will leave than he will stay.  Moore may like him as do I but it might be time we got him out the team, maybe the first team picture altogether.   We can’t let a lad learn on the job when he is prepared to the dirty on us in a month or two.

While there is still a mutual benefit for both parties, personally, I have no issue with Darren continuing to select him for the first team

But like you I am growing concerned at the delay which is an ominous sign that his agent is weighing up all options and I can’t really blame him for looking after his clients best interest as he sees them
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #317 on: March 05, 2019, 04:59:00 PM »
I agree with this , personally think his performances have dipped a bit too which is to be expected at his age.
Club comes first for me.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #318 on: March 05, 2019, 05:10:23 PM »

It might not be him but his agent in his ear. His agent might be angling for a big move as more money for Rekeem= more money for him.

lindenbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #319 on: March 05, 2019, 05:48:00 PM »
It might not be him but his agent in his ear. His agent might be angling for a big move as more money for Rekeem= more money for him.

Harper owes the Albion big time for his development so far, and he should acknowledge this by signing a contract with us for the foreseeable future, with a release clause at whatever amount  his representatives and the club can agree on. I understand this could be a sticking point, but eventually everyone would win.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #320 on: March 05, 2019, 10:15:46 PM »
Harper owes the Albion big time for his development so far, and he should acknowledge this by signing a contract with us for the foreseeable future, with a release clause at whatever amount  his representatives and the club can agree on. I understand this could be a sticking point, but eventually everyone would win.
I cannot believe some of the rubbish being thrown at Rekeem Harper on this forum. Some of our senior players are inferior to this lad, and not only has he done well so far, but our other youngsters are being encouraged by his selection for the first team. He is just as entitled to consider his future as any other player.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2019, 10:41:59 PM »

He owes us nothing and we owe him nothing.

How would you equate the same principle between you and your employer, given similar circumstances?

From a fans point of view, of course we want him to stay, but life is never that simple
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #322 on: March 06, 2019, 07:20:45 AM »
He owes us nothing and we owe him nothing.

How would you equate the same principle between you and your employer, given similar circumstances?

From a fans point of view, of course we want him to stay, but life is never that simple

If I spend 8 years as an employer teaching an apprentice the art of a trade and he then walked out to a competitor who immediately gained the benefit of my time and effort I would feel a little aggrieved I guess.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2019, 07:37:42 AM »
If I spend 8 years as an employer teaching an apprentice the art of a trade and he then walked out to a competitor who immediately gained the benefit of my time and effort I would feel a little aggrieved I guess.

Are the competitor going to offer the apprentice more money than your firm though? If you value the skills that you have provided him so highly in money terms, hopefully you will be rewarding him with a salary that at least matches what the competitor will offer? And what does the future look like for your firm in the future? Are they likely to see a bright future and stability, or are they steadily but slowly performing less well, therefore providing less security?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #324 on: March 06, 2019, 07:51:45 AM »
If Harper wasn’t deemed good enough he would just be released with not a care where he ended up so clubs can’t have it both ways