Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 217344 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2019, 10:31:00 PM »
If he keeps this up, ask yourself...Should he get a contract?
He has to revert to how good he can be.
What ? Is that a serious question? There are several people currently at the club who are not worthy of a contract, but Rekeem is not one of them
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2019, 10:31:22 PM »
Blimey this is unreal. The kid is 18 years old and has great potential. He won’t be brilliant in every game.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2019, 10:33:44 PM »
Harper is a young lad who has come a long way in a short space of time. I said after his debut fans will look at positive but once he gets established supporters expectations get raised and he will get criticised for doing exactly what he did that he got praised for in his first couple of appearances.

Harper wasn't great today but he was better than Barry and Livermore were.

Young lads sometimes need taking out for a while, they can regress if they are not handled carefully. Harper is a baby at eighteen.

I'd start him at Leeds and see how he goes. If he's having a poor game I'd take him off a leave him out for a while.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2019, 10:48:07 PM »
Blimey this is unreal. The kid is 18 years old and has great potential. He won’t be brilliant in every game.
He will get better with experience our older players won't. If we fail to win promotion this season we will be relying on Harper and other emerging players as our ageing squad gets disbanded.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2019, 10:49:22 PM »
He will get better with experience our older players won't. If we fail to win promotion this season we will be relying on Harper and other emerging players as our ageing squad gets disbanded.

If we fail to get promoted young Rekeem will get himself a Premier League signing on fee from elsewhere, while we go to tribunal.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2019, 10:53:19 PM »
What ? Is that a serious question? There are several people currently at the club who are not worthy of a contract, but Rekeem is not one of them

Is he worthy of 20k a week which is what he is asking ??

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2019, 10:56:45 PM »
May be but it doesn't always work out that way - hopefully he'll still be with us and we'll see the benefit. Izzy Brown has hardly pulled up trees since featuring for us in the Premier League.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2019, 10:57:58 PM »
he's set an high standard with his displays but not at his best today, but that's no shame when at 18 you look better than two ex England Internationals.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2019, 10:21:47 AM »
he's set an high standard with his displays but not at his best today, but that's no shame when at 18 you look better than two ex England Internationals.

He wasn’t better than the other 10 on the pitch mate, he was absolutely awful yesterday. Don’t matter if he’s 18 or 28 it was like
Playing with 10 men and I rate Harper but yesterday was really surprising. People
Stick up for him because he’s getting some stick yet when Livermore has a bad game there’s a 1000 comments on his thread.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2019, 12:01:06 PM »
He wasn’t better than the other 10 on the pitch mate, he was absolutely awful yesterday. Don’t matter if he’s 18 or 28 it was like
Playing with 10 men and I rate Harper but yesterday was really surprising. People
Stick up for him because he’s getting some stick yet when Livermore has a bad game there’s a 1000 comments on his thread.
This is clearly splitting people to the point where it looks like he played 2 ,arches yesterday
Personally I thought he played very well , in fact I don't think we were bad at all
Worst two if I had to pick would be Barry (tired) JRod (just don't know what he brings other than forcing Gayle wide) but all else were ok
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2019, 01:41:51 PM »
First half he looked a bit lost,agree with other posters he needs to offer more off the ball,good when he has the ball worst game so far,but then again I would give Montero man of the match for his 15mins,that is how bad everyone else was

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2019, 02:01:10 PM »
Bottom line is if he's having a mare hook him doesn't matter about his age,we cannot carry passengers

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »
Bottom line is if he's having a mare hook him doesn't matter about his age,we cannot carry passengers
I really do not see this
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2019, 04:40:47 PM »
The lad needs to be t@ken out the firingline for a game or two, I thought he looked a little jaded and tired in the last couple of games.

He’s 18 and needs to be managed properly rpto keep him fresh and maintain his confidence
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2019, 05:20:35 PM »
The lad needs to be t@ken out the firingline for a game or two, I thought he looked a little jaded and tired in the last couple of games.

He’s 18 and needs to be managed properly rpto keep him fresh and maintain his confidence
Yes, he can't be expected to be the focus of almost all attcking play with Barry and Livermore lumbering about behind him, he hasn't got the experience yet

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2019, 05:28:08 PM »
Absolutely the last player we should be looking to blame for anything, let alone a defeat, is Harper. He’s 18 and hasn’t even played a dozen games yet. I despair at the mentality of some of our fans sometimes.

It’s no wonder young players don’t want to stay with us long term when you see the dog’s abuse they get on social media from our knuckle draggers.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2019, 05:37:21 PM »
Yesterday, Harper ran into some promising positions, attacking positions, but the ball was passed backwards or sideways and left him frustrated. Don’t blame Harper, blame the likes of Livermore and Barry for ignoring him.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2019, 05:38:57 PM »
Absolutely the last player we should be looking to blame for anything, let alone a defeat, is Harper. He’s 18 and hasn’t even played a dozen games yet. I despair at the mentality of some of our fans sometimes.

It’s no wonder young players don’t want to stay with us long term when you see the dog’s abuse they get on social media from our knuckle draggers.

I couldn’t agree more - some on here are not supporters more like internet trolls!

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2019, 08:38:17 PM »

He was awful yesterday end of. If he’s Guna Ben to player he has to accept the criticism. It’s nothing to do with the fans that makes young players  want to go elsewhere it’s purely money.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 08:52:51 PM by OldburyWBA »

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2019, 09:14:53 PM »
He is 18 and special, he is allowed a couple of off days.
Gera, Gera, Gera

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #270 on: February 24, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
He is 18 and special, he is allowed a couple of off days.

Absolutely, it's not football manager, its real life, we all have off days at work, when you are young they are more frequent, the lack of tolerance, understanding and reality on here in the last 24 hours is quite frankly, embarrassing.
Baggie in Southampton

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #271 on: February 24, 2019, 11:47:00 PM »
Absolutely, it's not football manager, its real life, we all have off days at work, when you are young they are more frequent, the lack of tolerance, understanding and reality on here in the last 24 hours is quite frankly, embarrassing.

Also there were still easily 7 or 8 worse performers than him.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2019, 01:07:40 PM »
I really don't get how anybody can look at Saturday and pick out Harper as our worst midfielder, let alone player. Barry was blowing out of his backside after 10 minutes, while Livermore kept coming onto his right foot and leaving Gibbs exposed when defending, and lacking support going forward.

At least Harper kept picking up good positions and trying to move the ball well.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2019, 04:48:10 PM »
I really don't get how anybody can look at Saturday and pick out Harper as our worst midfielder, let alone player. Barry was blowing out of his backside after 10 minutes, while Livermore kept coming onto his right foot and leaving Gibbs exposed when defending, and lacking support going forward.

At least Harper kept picking up good positions and trying to move the ball well.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate and there will always be different views as you believed he wasn't the worst midfielder as you say but in my opinion it was the worst midfield performance ive seen this season. Im not slating Harper, he is a great prospect and everybody has bad games. I just thought he was that poor that the last 20 minutes when we were chasing the game it was sticking out like a sore thumb that he blatantly wasn't showing for the ball and wasn't even tracking back.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2019, 05:56:54 PM »
20k a week is a bargain.