Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 217406 times)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2019, 01:59:13 PM »
I imagine a lot will depend on who his advisors are.

If he has good ones, maybe those who have been with him a long time, who care about his development, then i think he will stay.

If he has ones who picked him up a year or two ago when he made his premier league debut and his name was being bandied about as special, then he is more likely to go, they wont care too much about where he will play, they will care about getting him the most money and fast.

If that is the case, As a 18 year old lad who will be offered huge sums that most of us can only dream of it will take a lot to turn round to his advisors and say he is staying at Albion despite possibly being offered more money elsewhere.

I would think at his age, just breaking through to first team football, not at the top level yet, you would only need your family and one good agent representing you (by good i mean trusted by the family, etc) not sure you necessarily need advisor(s) yet, that will come if you get more successful.
I believe another board found out he uses the same agency as Field and Johansen.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2019, 02:00:11 PM »
I imagine a lot will depend on who his advisors are.

If he has good ones, maybe those who have been with him a long time, who care about his development, then i think he will stay.

If he has ones who picked him up a year or two ago when he made his premier league debut and his name was being bandied about as special, then he is more likely to go, they wont care too much about where he will play, they will care about getting him the most money and fast.

If that is the case, As a 18 year old lad who will be offered huge sums that most of us can only dream of it will take a lot to turn round to his advisors and say he is staying at Albion despite possibly being offered more money elsewhere.

I would think at his age, just breaking through to first team football, not at the top level yet, you would only need your family and one good agent representing you (by good i mean trusted by the family, etc) not sure you necessarily need advisor(s) yet, that will come if you get more successful.

Lets just hope that he has seen berahino's fall from grace and is smart enough to not follow that path
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »
Good news if he has the same agency as Field then as he has signed a couple of contracts with us so hopefully they are looking at his playing development rather than just quick money.

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2019, 03:08:26 PM »
If we go up I think he'll stay. If not there will be plenty of Premier League teams willing to take a punt, particularly as the transfer fee will be decided by tribunal and they never value players as the open market does. Spurs already sniffing around looking to take advantage and news like that soon turns young players' heads.

It beggars belief that we've only this year begun to think about tying him down to a contract.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2019, 06:19:04 PM »
It beggars belief that we've only this year begun to think about tying him down to a contract.
Whilst not being a fan of the WBA management team, I challenge you to prove your claim.
Can we be a bit more objective when carping about their 'failures'?

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #230 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:13 PM »
Alongside Barry and Phillips he is in my first choice midfield three. Outstanding.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »
Fantastic composure and instinct to play a back heel in the box in injury time to set Holgate free who picked our Livermore for the winner. Take a bow son.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »
By his high standards I thought he was having a fairly modest game, then he does that back heal well what do I know.  8)
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »
Absolute abysmal game and I don’t like to slate WBA players. Awful and Moore didn’t take him off. Unbelievable.

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2019, 08:39:03 PM »
Talented on the ball, but uninterested in winning the ball and seems to lack passion.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2019, 08:53:04 PM »
Talented on the ball, but uninterested in winning the ball and seems to lack passion.
Very harsh, his worst game so far, but no worse than most of his teammates tonight. 
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2019, 08:54:50 PM »
Very harsh, his worst game so far, but no worse than most of his teammates tonight.

Agree easily the pick of the midfield trio despite having his worst game yet.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2019, 08:55:16 PM »
Absolutely urine poor tonight. His closing down was about as convincing as OJ Simpsons defence. Maybe he was told to stand off, who knows. He brought nothing to the game and looked half asleep.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2019, 09:03:42 PM »
Absolutely urine poor tonight. His closing down was about as convincing as OJ Simpsons defence. Maybe he was told to stand off, who knows. He brought nothing to the game and looked half asleep.

Yep that for me defined the whole game our lack of closing down versus theirs.  For their goal they picked up possession centrally in their own half, no pressure on the ball, ball transitioned to their right, again no challenge, eventually working it to the byline, resisted the slide challenge, free header across goal 0-1.  Gibbs and Holgate were pathetic at stopping the cross.

Just a totally lack of willingness to win the ball.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2019, 09:10:49 PM »
Yep that for me defined the whole game our lack of closing down versus theirs.  For their goal they picked up possession centrally in their own half, no pressure on the ball, ball transitioned to their right, again no challenge, eventually working it to the byline, resisted the slide challenge, free header across goal 0-1.  Gibbs and Holgate were pathetic at stopping the cross.

Just a totally lack of willingness to win the ball.

As soon as we lost the ball we were in the rubbish as both Jake and Barry were treading water trying to get back leaving the defense completely exposed with four or five bodies running at them. 

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2019, 09:36:27 PM »

The pick of the midfield ??!!! He was absolutely dreadful!!!!!!

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2019, 09:38:03 PM »
Livermore gets ruined on here yet was the only player showing for the ball and trying to start moves yet people think harper is the best thing since sliced bread. The game passed him by and he was by far the worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2019, 09:46:29 PM »
Livermore gets ruined on here yet was the only player showing for the ball and trying to start moves yet people think harper is the best thing since sliced bread. The game passed him by and he was by far the worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

Barry was

I don’t think Harper had too bad a game but when compared against previous games he’s played it was the worst hes played.

But worst player on the pitch?? Not for me
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 08:53:50 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2019, 09:54:46 PM »
He does need to work on his off the ball stuff, especially his defensive work. I think one of our biggest issues as a team is our lack of intensity off the ball - Sheffield Utd were the complete opposite this evening.

One thing I will say for him however is that I think he works a lot harder than he appears to. He looks a bit languid in his running, and yet he was quite often the first man forward to support attacks on the break, having bust a gut to ghost in.

With the right coaching he could become a very good player, but he will need to work n elements of his game.
Boing Boing

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2019, 10:08:13 PM »
He does need to work on his off the ball stuff, especially his defensive work. I think one of our biggest issues as a team is our lack of intensity off the ball - Sheffield Utd were the complete opposite this evening.

One thing I will say for him however is that I think he works a lot harder than he appears to. He looks a bit languid in his running, and yet he was quite often the first man forward to support attacks on the break, having bust a gut to ghost in.

With the right coaching he could become a very good player, but he will need to work n elements of his game.

Easy to forget the kids eighteen.......

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2019, 10:10:14 PM »
Absolute rubbish

Barry was

I don’t think Harper had too bad a game but when compared against previous games he’s played it was the worst hes played.

He just wasn't on it tonight...... It happens, particularly with younger players.   Looked languid and off the pace but that's not lack of effort. 

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2019, 10:10:40 PM »

Agreed. Barry was poor tonight and Livermore isn't good enough to be a starter. How the hell does he have England caps?

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2019, 10:13:36 PM »
Absolute rubbish

Barry was

Out of interest who do you think was the worst player ?? Because for me it was harper by a mile. He hid from the game and on occasions looked borderline lazy. Livermore isn’t as good as harper on the ball but he never hid. He ushered the ball out and worked  back where as harper was still jogging back.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2019, 10:22:59 PM »
Harper took too long to get into the game, wasn't looking for the ball, could see J-Rod gesturing to him that he should have made himself available. 
Crazy that the midfield 3 all finished the game with Field and Johansen still sat on the bench. Field may be a natural DM but is probably more likely to find a pass than Harper or Livermore. Barry poor today.
Harper is 18 has played a lot of games, was limping for periods 2nd half, should have been taken out of the firing line on 60 mins.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2019, 10:25:08 PM »
If he keeps this up, ask yourself...Should he get a contract?
He has to revert to how good he can be.