Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 77927 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #625 on: April 29, 2021, 08:07:58 PM »
Bartley has performed out of his skin this season and is very much at his peak. If a bid comes in that's too good to refuse he will have my blessing to go.

Be nice to see oshea starting at cb next year. Ajayi more than capable at that level. Kipre as the spare. We have needed a pl quality cb all year and havent had one... despite how well bartley has done.

O Albion we love you

KN22

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #626 on: April 29, 2021, 10:57:40 PM »
Cash in at the opportune time. Like Johnstone his stock will never be any higher. Cheers Kyle go well at Turf Moor.

Surprise, surprise.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #627 on: April 30, 2021, 12:32:30 AM »
Bartley has performed out of his skin this season and is very much at his peak. If a bid comes in that's too good to refuse he will have my blessing to go.

Be nice to see oshea starting at cb next year. Ajayi more than capable at that level. Kipre as the spare. We have needed a pl quality cb all year and havent had one... despite how well bartley has done.

I agree with your comment on how well Bartley has done this season which makes it more baffling why you think we should let him go if a good bid comes in. He will have an important role to play in our promotion push next season and is the first name on the team sheet at centre back. O'Shea, Ajayi and Kipre all have pedigree but they are not as good, so we if rely on them, we'd have more chance of not going up, and besides we are going to need four centre backs over a 46 game championship season in our squad.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #628 on: April 30, 2021, 08:48:18 AM »
I agree with your comment on how well Bartley has done this season which makes it more baffling why you think we should let him go if a good bid comes in. He will have an important role to play in our promotion push next season and is the first name on the team sheet at centre back. O'Shea, Ajayi and Kipre all have pedigree but they are not as good, so we if rely on them, we'd have more chance of not going up, and besides we are going to need four centre backs over a 46 game championship season in our squad.

To be fair to the original poster he didn't say we should sell Bartley if a good bid came in, he said if a bid that was "too good to refuse" we should sell, which isn't quite the same thing.

A good bid might be say £4Million but a bid that is too good to refuse would be something like £7Million.
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #629 on: April 30, 2021, 09:09:05 AM »
This I don't believe. Bartley has had dogs abuse from posters on here for nearly all of his Albion career (some of it justified  some of it less so) now there is a chance of selling him for money he is suddenly indispensable.  He is 29 the squad is starting to age again if you don't move him on. You sell and you back fill with a young prospect as the 4th choice.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #630 on: April 30, 2021, 09:15:58 AM »
This I don't believe. Bartley has had dogs abuse from posters on here for nearly all of his Albion career (some of it justified  some of it less so) now there is a chance of selling him for money he is suddenly indispensable.  He is 29 the squad is starting to age again if you don't move him on. You sell and you back fill with a young prospect as the 4th choice.

Pretty much this. He's been bang average for much of his time here and is currently playing the best football of his career. If anyone is saft enough to chuck us a couple of million quid for him then we would be crazy not to sell.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #631 on: April 30, 2021, 06:25:54 PM »
He is just an average old fashioned stopper and not what you want if we want to play progressive promotion football and a chance of retaining premiership status

If we are lucky enough to get promotion

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #632 on: May 01, 2021, 08:29:34 AM »
Read that was being reported by the Athletic. Haven't seen any confirmation from the club. In fairness I'm rarely on the club's OS so I may have just missed it.

Websites still list him as out if contract this summer.

I have not seen anywhere that an extension was confirmed?
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #633 on: May 01, 2021, 11:18:22 AM »

His own form isn't correlated to the views of a few members on here. He's had two excellent seasons in a row and is a leader. I'd like to see him stay.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #634 on: May 01, 2021, 11:42:43 AM »
His own form isn't correlated to the views of a few members on here. He's had two excellent seasons in a row and is a leader. I'd like to see him stay.

My opening comments were probably aimed at the fickleness of some posters. Like many players he was never as bad as he was portrayed on here and I felt him and the much lauded Hegazi were of a similar level.

He has been decent and solid for two seasons there have been a few too many errors to suggest his performances have been excellent. We need to sell this type of player. He is 29 he has just one year left on a contract and we can get a fee reduce the age of the squad and promote or hire players who are going to improve whereas Bartley won't.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #635 on: May 01, 2021, 01:49:30 PM »

Can't help but think you're stretching the boundaries of excellence.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wbasoprano

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #636 on: May 01, 2021, 07:05:57 PM »
Never really been a fan of his till he threw himself at everything at the custard bowl. He has backed that up the last few months with decent performances. I'd rather keep him than sell, we wouldn't get much anyway.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #637 on: May 01, 2021, 07:15:48 PM »
I'd rather have him around next season. Had a brilliant season this year with the minor hiccup like at Villa. The most we would probably get for him is about 2.5/3 million. Not worth selling him for.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #638 on: May 06, 2021, 11:23:40 AM »
On the cusp for me, adequate in chumps, not quite consistent enough for prem
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

wodenson46

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #639 on: May 06, 2021, 12:33:01 PM »
He has made errors and had superb performances. A decent honest CH and senior team member. Has taken on the mantle of leadership and done ok.

However the question is at his age can he get better, or should we be looking to buy in a younger option or should we be giving our existing playing staff a decent run in front of a keeper with a sat nav reference to the edge of his six yard box?

My preference would be to let him go if someone wants to pay for him, and wish him all the best somewhere else. We might miss him for a while but I think we have enough cover already here for next season in the champs

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #640 on: May 06, 2021, 12:36:31 PM »
Holding onto Bartley would be a crazy decision if a reasonable offer comes in. Refreshing the squad has been a huge problem for years.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

ttree30

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #641 on: May 06, 2021, 12:40:34 PM »
Probably the pick of our central defensive options, but he's not as good as predecessors such as Dawson, MacAuley, Evans, Olsson etc which shows how we have regressed. I think we are going down this time with quite a rebuild needed.

The very best players are consistent - those who aren't quite at that level tend to have much wilder swings in performance. I'm afraid Kyle falls into that category.

As always it depends on whether we can recruit or develop better, but I don't think he's good enough to build a defence around - and certainly not in the Premier League.

But respect to him - I think he's done his best this season.

KN22

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #642 on: May 06, 2021, 12:43:50 PM »
Probably the pick of our central defensive options, but he's not as good as predecessors such as Dawson, MacAuley, Evans, Olsson etc which shows how we have regressed. I think we are going down this time with quite a rebuild needed.

The very best players are consistent - those who aren't quite at that level tend to have much wilder swings in performance. I'm afraid Kyle falls into that category.

As always it depends on whether we can recruit or develop better, but I don't think he's good enough to build a defence around - and certainly not in the Premier League.

But respect to him - I think he's done his best this season.

Fair comments, but we will not be in the premier league next season. He can be a leader on the pitch and, if we are able to get promoted,  we can then decide whether or not to move him out.