Author Topic: Sam Johnstone  (Read 344850 times)

Dan

• WBA Coach

Re: Sam Johnstone
« Reply #3150 on: July 22, 2021, 03:46:58 PM »
Chris Basham was their player of the year 2020.

Ramsdale was at Bournemouth in 2020.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3151 on: July 22, 2021, 05:54:21 PM »
Football 365 is citing various "reports" that West Ham have offered £11m for Johnstone.

Assuming it's true and the deal offered is structured agreeably, I'd be accepting that all day long. We can't be dithering with our preparations if we want to go back up this season, and this money would help to bring in more than one player that we're really in need of.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 05:56:26 PM by WorcsWBA »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3152 on: July 22, 2021, 06:04:30 PM »
Regrettably one of the sources is dear old football insider therefore has zero basis in reality this may come to pass but that will be wholly coincidental and should not be seen as evidence that football insider knows anything.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3153 on: July 22, 2021, 08:48:21 PM »
Regrettably one of the sources is dear old football insider therefore has zero basis in reality this may come to pass but that will be wholly coincidental and should not be seen as evidence that football insider knows anything.

Anything North of ten is a no-brainer for me.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3154 on: July 24, 2021, 05:00:08 PM »
Spurs have signed Gollini, once of Villa and more recently Atalanta. Probably will be number two to Lloris for this season.

Scratch Spurs off thenlsit for possible destinations for Sam
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3155 on: July 24, 2021, 05:01:14 PM »
It's really closing up for him now. There will still be clubs out there but we need to be careful not to price him out of a move. Then again, you would think there would be atleast 1 club interested given the fact it isn't a huge fee.
Boing Boing

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3156 on: July 25, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »
It's really closing up for him now. There will still be clubs out there but we need to be careful not to price him out of a move. Then again, you would think there would be atleast 1 club interested given the fact it isn't a huge fee.

So our eggs are in the basket of West Ham and Arsenal doing a u-turn on Ramsdale..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3157 on: July 25, 2021, 01:09:48 PM »

I still think he moves to West Ham for 10-12mil. The psg deal was just to unsettle us a bit as there ain’t many clubs he can go to. Last year of contract, once it gets to the last week of the window I think we will accept a 10mil bid with add ons.

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3158 on: July 25, 2021, 01:35:43 PM »
Whilst all the clubs know its the last year of his contract, they are not to know that some other club might nip in end of the season. So from their point of view, there is a big advantage in doing their business now. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3159 on: July 25, 2021, 02:10:58 PM »
The powers that be need to hold their nerve if west ham have come back with second offer double their first then Albion are in driving seat.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3160 on: July 25, 2021, 06:14:04 PM »
The powers that be need to hold their nerve if west ham have come back with second offer double their first then Albion are in driving seat.
West Ham are in serious financial straits with Gold and Sullivan looking to offload shares to generate cash,   I wouldnt hold my breath on them weighing in with decent bids
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3161 on: July 25, 2021, 10:31:10 PM »
In my opinion he will go to West Ham for 10 mill with add ons adding up to 12 mill and I would be happy with that.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3162 on: July 29, 2021, 10:20:13 AM »
The ExWHUEmployee on twitter who is very reliable is saying that a deal has been agreed for them to sign Areola on loan with an option to buy. Wonder where this leaves Sam?
Smethwick..

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3163 on: July 29, 2021, 10:47:05 AM »
If no one willing to buy him then he's clubs no 1 this season I'm happy with that and he might pen new deal.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3164 on: July 29, 2021, 11:18:29 AM »
The ExWHUEmployee on twitter who is very reliable is saying that a deal has been agreed for them to sign Areola on loan with an option to buy. Wonder where this leaves Sam?

Yes that seems to be confirmed now. Having his medical today.

Arsenal for Sam I think. 

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3165 on: July 29, 2021, 11:29:20 AM »
Romano now tweeting deal and personal terms agreed so yeah looks like Arsenal or bust for Sam if they move on from Ramsdale.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3166 on: July 29, 2021, 12:47:27 PM »
Cross West Ham off the Johnstone suitor list it really requires Arsenal to something sensible with regard to a transfer and that is always a somewhat forlorn hope.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3167 on: July 29, 2021, 03:21:11 PM »
I'm really worried about this situation. We're obviously dependent on money being generated by MP and Johnstone if we are to reinvest in the squad - just take a look at the bench. It's so, so weak.

If we're going to struggle to sell him, I'm pretty certain he will not sign a new contract. There are not many - if any - benefits of him staying.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3168 on: July 29, 2021, 04:00:25 PM »
I'm really worried about this situation. We're obviously dependent on money being generated by MP and Johnstone if we are to reinvest in the squad - just take a look at the bench. It's so, so weak.

If we're going to struggle to sell him, I'm pretty certain he will not sign a new contract. There are not many - if any - benefits of him staying.
still contracted to us if  clubs aren't interested in him then f em. Sam will be no 1 for stint in chump.

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3169 on: July 29, 2021, 04:11:34 PM »
WHU signed Areola official. Arsenal please step up!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3170 on: July 29, 2021, 04:24:48 PM »
Arsenal are too much of a basket case, they would sooner spend three times as much on a worse keeper in Ramsdale.

Baltic

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3171 on: July 29, 2021, 04:26:57 PM »
West Ham were the wrong club from our point of view.  They might stretch for MP but I couldn't see them giving us £35 - £40m for both.  Unless they sell Rice, they just don't have the money.

I would take £6m now for SJ.  I really think we need to get him out of the club.  He will be very disappointed if he's stuck with us in the Championship, plus we need the money.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3172 on: July 29, 2021, 04:28:10 PM »
Arsenal are too much of a basket case, they would sooner spend three times as much on a worse keeper in Ramsdale.

Ramsdale is better than Johnstone unfortunately.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3173 on: July 29, 2021, 04:53:19 PM »
Ramsdale is better than Johnstone unfortunately.

Are you joking? On what grounds is he a better keeper? There is a reason Johnstone was above him in the England pecking order.
Hoof Hoof! Thats the sound of da Pulis!

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3174 on: July 29, 2021, 04:55:32 PM »
I think he could still be here this season. If Arsenal pursue Ramsdale i can't think of any other club who need another keeper.
Smethwick..