Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369554 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #9500 on: August 10, 2023, 06:36:00 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if our brilliant former owner or his sister are behind Warmftont.

He's ready to pounce on a distressed business from within so he can shaft us all all over again.

Director is listed as Alexander Hearn

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12111387/officers

Looks like they are just a company that look after other companies
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 06:40:13 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9501 on: August 10, 2023, 06:49:55 PM »
Its a scam and we are utterly fecked.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9502 on: August 10, 2023, 07:01:23 PM »
Director is listed as Alexander Hearn

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12111387/officers

Looks like they are just a company that look after other companies

https://www.warmfrontteam.co.uk/

https://www.warmfrontteam.co.uk/about/senior-management-team/54.htm

Seems like they are in the heating/building energy efficiency world. Somehow related to Ideal perhaps?

He/him

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #9503 on: August 10, 2023, 07:52:10 PM »
https://www.warmfrontteam.co.uk/

https://www.warmfrontteam.co.uk/about/senior-management-team/54.htm

Seems like they are in the heating/building energy efficiency world. Somehow related to Ideal perhaps?

Not sure they are the same company as Warmfront Holdings, I did think they were at first.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05585984

They were set up in 2005, Warmfront Holdings were set up in 2019
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:55:14 PM by OldburyWBA »

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9504 on: August 10, 2023, 08:09:57 PM »
Excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain in simple terms what is going on. I am reading Different things regarding the French guy and that we are defaulting on something. Can someone explain please

Thanks

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #9505 on: August 10, 2023, 08:11:25 PM »
Excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain in simple terms what is going on. I am reading Different things regarding the French guy and that we are defaulting on something. Can someone explain please

Thanks

Post earlier says that we have defaulted on a loan to Warmfront Holdings Limited according to CL

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9506 on: August 10, 2023, 08:41:29 PM »
Evening,

If I can try to be of any help I will. Just a couple of things. There is no default on the Warmfront loan, however that £2m loan is now due in February 2024 and will be over £4m as we agreed to terms of 5% interest per MONTH. 79% APR. What we were intimating is that a partial sale, be it a minority investment, or potentially to offset an outstanding loan would be disastrous as it makes it even more difficult to achieve what we need, which is a full sale. I will post a tweet we compiled earlier on here.

I’ll try to ask any questions as honestly as I can.

Cheers

Ali

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #9507 on: August 10, 2023, 08:45:26 PM »
Evening,

If I can try to be of any help I will. Just a couple of things. There is no default on the Warmfront loan, however that £2m loan is now due in February 2024 and will be over £4m as we agreed to terms of 5% interest per MONTH. 79% APR. What we were intimating is that a partial sale, be it a minority investment, or potentially to offset an outstanding loan would be disastrous as it makes it even more difficult to achieve what we need, which is a full sale. I will post a tweet we compiled earlier on here.

Cheers

Ali

Thanks for clarifying

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9508 on: August 10, 2023, 08:46:14 PM »
Evening,

Cheers

Ali

Is a partial sale close?

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9509 on: August 10, 2023, 08:48:08 PM »
Is a partial sale close?

We have to do everything we possibly can to try to stop it. It’s that important.

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9510 on: August 10, 2023, 08:49:03 PM »
🚨This is a bit long but it’s very important that people read and understand why a partial sale is not good🚨

With reference to a partial sale and why we believe it's not a good idea, let's break down what we see as the key points:

- Partial sale means current majority shareholder sells some shares, but retains control.
- Unlike Blues who had many different owners, we have one, Yunyi, controlled by Lai, owning 88%.

Questions arise regarding partial sale:

1. Who and why would anyone invest partially in Albion?
2. Is there a guarantee the club will receive the funds from a partial sale ?
3. Will potential buyers face a more complicated process? (yes, we think so)
4. Would funds from a partial sale create real impact? Yunyi considers 'market value offers' at £30m for full shares sale.

So, 10% (equivalent to £3m) from partial sale seems small, considering Yunyi's valuation.
A mere drop in the ocean.

🚨A minority stake sale also means no fit and proper persons test is needed as it’s less than threshold required🚨

#FullSaleOnly
#LaiOut

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9511 on: August 10, 2023, 09:00:03 PM »
Why would the club get money if WBA holdings sell a percentage to settle the loan?

Holdings is not the club.

I don’t see a partial sale benefits any buyer. Taking 10% of us right now is useless in my opinion although I don’t think 10% is as low as £3m just yet. Didn’t A4A say it was £60m for all of it a few weeks ago? (I could be wrong but someone reported £60m)

At this current rate the value of the club is only likely to drop further. However I don’t think it stops any takeover as 77% from holdings is still a majority  stake.  Someone else holding 5%-10% now is an annoyance but they’ll be glad to get anything close to their money back as the value continues to plummet with lai.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 09:04:38 PM by johnny Cash »

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9512 on: August 10, 2023, 09:02:13 PM »
Evening,

Cheers

Ali

Oh and I’ll let you have one guess where the monies fro this particular loan ended up. I’ll give you a clue. W****m S***t. Via many other businesses.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9513 on: August 10, 2023, 09:03:12 PM »
We have to do everything we possibly can to try to stop it. It’s that important.

Hopefully not the Egyptian guy. Are there parties looking for a full takeover?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9514 on: August 10, 2023, 09:30:47 PM »
Warmfront seems to be what it says on the tin i.e. a company engaged in the heating industry. However WBA are listed on their website as an affiliate as are a Sports Technology firm Global Sports Data and Technology. Exactly how they come to have lent WBA holdings £2m at roughly 20% APR is not clear. If Holdings defaults and surrenders equity in WBA to clear the debt it further water downs Lai's holdings but it doesn't amount to a change of control  the £2m plus accrued interest equates to roughly 3.4% assuming a valuation of £60m.

It obviously complicates the sale but no more than the loan which is secured on Holdings. 

A full sale is plainly desirable all this does is further demonstrate that the whole sorry enterprise of Lai's ownership is built on sand and time is running out on it.

It ends one of two ways a sale or administration followed by a sale.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #9515 on: August 10, 2023, 09:55:20 PM »
Warmfront seems to be what it says on the tin i.e. a company engaged in the heating industry. However WBA are listed on their website as an affiliate as are a Sports Technology firm Global Sports Data and Technology. Exactly how they come to have lent WBA holdings £2m at roughly 20% APR is not clear. If Holdings defaults and surrenders equity in WBA to clear the debt it further water downs Lai's holdings but it doesn't amount to a change of control  the £2m plus accrued interest equates to roughly 3.4% assuming a valuation of £60m.

It obviously complicates the sale but no more than the loan which is secured on Holdings. 

A full sale is plainly desirable all this does is further demonstrate that the whole sorry enterprise of Lai's ownership is built on sand and time is running out on it.

It ends one of two ways a sale or administration followed by a sale.

I'm not sure they are the same company as Warmfront Holdings Ltd

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9516 on: August 10, 2023, 10:38:44 PM »
I'm not sure they are the same company as Warmfront Holdings Ltd

They definitely are

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9517 on: August 10, 2023, 10:45:50 PM »
Why would the club get money if WBA holdings sell a percentage to settle the loan?

Holdings is not the club.

I don’t see a partial sale benefits any buyer. Taking 10% of us right now is useless in my opinion although I don’t think 10% is as low as £3m just yet. Didn’t A4A say it was £60m for all of it a few weeks ago? (I could be wrong but someone reported £60m)

At this current rate the value of the club is only likely to drop further. However I don’t think it stops any takeover as 77% from holdings is still a majority  stake.  Someone else holding 5%-10% now is an annoyance but they’ll be glad to get anything close to their money back as the value continues to plummet with lai.

A4A was started by me, yes I did say that but that included the MSD debt. I’m hindsight I shouldn’t have said this as all that really matters is what Yunyi would take. The Holdings argument is very interesting, as that’s true. They’re not. However, Holdings bought club initially and transferred to Group. They also had a loan (interest free of course) of £187,000 in last years accounts, and have the same correspondence address (The Hawthorns). They are intrinsically linked and as Goldings has no assets you can guarantee who’s going to be left holding the baby.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9518 on: August 10, 2023, 11:18:02 PM »
Post earlier says that we have defaulted on a loan to Warmfront Holdings Limited according to CL

We haven’t defaulted on anything. We didn’t borrow from Warmfront.  Holdings borrowed from Warmfront.  We are not Holdings.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #9519 on: August 10, 2023, 11:18:13 PM »
They definitely are

Must be a maze to unravel all the links.

There is a Warmfront based in Brierley Hill and one in Hyde which seems to be a totally different company. Are they the same as there's no links between them other than the name.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 11:45:24 PM by OldburyWBA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #9520 on: August 10, 2023, 11:18:59 PM »
We haven’t defaulted on anything. We didn’t borrow from Warmfront.  Holdings borrowed from Warmfront.  We are not Holdings.

Don't shoot the messenger  :D

All I did was repost what someone had posted in reply to a question

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9521 on: August 10, 2023, 11:21:02 PM »
Oh and I’ll let you have one guess where the monies fro this particular loan ended up. I’ll give you a clue. W****m S***t. Via many other businesses.

Can I have another consonant, please, Rachel?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 11:36:10 PM by MarkW »

He/him

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9522 on: August 10, 2023, 11:23:19 PM »
A4A was started by me, yes I did say that but that included the MSD debt. I’m hindsight I shouldn’t have said this as all that really matters is what Yunyi would take. The Holdings argument is very interesting, as that’s true. They’re not. However, Holdings bought club initially and transferred to Group. They also had a loan (interest free of course) of £187,000 in last years accounts, and have the same correspondence address (The Hawthorns). They are intrinsically linked and as Goldings has no assets you can guarantee who’s going to be left holding the baby.

But Holdings does a very valuable asset - it owns 88.6% of Group.  It simply has no cash.  But when Holdings sells its shares in Group it will be able to sell all debts out of the sale proceeds. So no, I don’t think Group or Club will be left holding the baby.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9523 on: August 11, 2023, 08:14:50 AM »

Ali, I'm sorry, but I don't know what all this means.

West Bromwich Albion Group consists of West Bromwich Albion Holdings owned by Yunil (88%) and the minority shareholders represented by Shareholders for Albion (12%).

West Bromwich Albion Holdings is available for sale.

If Holdings has a value of say £60 million & Lai sold a portion of that, there  would be no advantage to seller or buyer.
What the club needs is a cash injection, so additional investment. If that were to happen, then the investor would want some control.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9524 on: August 11, 2023, 08:58:08 AM »
This all going to end in tears, isn't it?