Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Football & Sports / Re: England Cricket Thread
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Today at 02:29:19 PM »
An early Ashes positive - Anderson get Labuschagne for 12 in the Lancs vs Glamorgan game  ;D

Squared him up and snicked him off!! Oh Jimmy, Jimmy!!

Rain stopped play now.
Not for me. I'll return when we're free of restrictions.

I'm not having my fun and enjoyment being dictated by some over eager marshals.
Fair enough, didn't check but I could have sworn it was pitched as the largest stand in the ground when it opened. Does that figure for the Brummie Road include the extra seating that was put in for the Woodman Corner?

Dunno mate. Just know thems the official figures.
No mate.

East Stand 8428
Brummie 8935

Fair enough, didn't check but I could have sworn it was pitched as the largest stand in the ground when it opened. Does that figure for the Brummie Road include the extra seating that was put in for the Woodman Corner?
General Football & Sports / Re: England Cricket Thread
« Last post by Baggies on Today at 02:07:52 PM »
An early Ashes positive - Anderson get Labuschagne for 12 in the Lancs vs Glamorgan game  ;D
General Football & Sports / Re: The big sports thread
« Last post by Baggies on Today at 01:55:30 PM »
No Johnny Sexton in the lions squad - the Irish media meltdown is just starting.

A ringing endorsement of the Scotland backs with them getting more selections than England and Ireland.
Next Match Forum - 09/05 Arsenal (A) / Re: match officials
« Last post by wodenson46 on Today at 01:27:46 PM »
Peter Bankes was VAR when we didn't get the penalty at Man Utd earlier in the season. He's the opposite of Mike Dean. Mike Dean has made poor decisions for us as a ref but hasn't been VAR for us, Peter Bankes has made poor decisions for us as VAR but as you say wasn't controversial in our 1:1 with Man City.

Has not got the bottle to do us over face to face - has to hide away in the safety and security of the var compound.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Sam Allardyce
« Last post by wodenson46 on Today at 01:21:41 PM »
Think I would take issue with the sentence in bold being a lazy argument.

SA was employed to keep us up & (baring a miracle) he has failed, had he succeeded, undoubtedly his tenure would have been extended.

The fact that he failed allows the football club to revue their position & look for the best way forward.

Personally, I'm on the same page as Stan, if it were my FC, I'd look towards a re-build with a much stronger structure, which would be more attractive to a buyer.

From commentators who know the Chinese political scene well, it looks as though GL is under some considerable pressure to get rid. So it's likely that we'll end up with a cobbled together, lowest possible cost, sticking plaster solution. I couldn't think of another manager better equipped to deliver that than SA.

Not an Allardyce fan and will be glad when he has gone, but this is an excellent point, and most unfortunately I have to agree with the last part as well.  :(
Small point but the East Stand has a larger seating capacity than the Brummie Road.

No mate.

East Stand 8428
Brummie 8935
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THREAD
« Last post by BigFrank20 on Today at 01:15:40 PM »
Am I right in thinking we have only lost once this season, out of four games, to the two CL finalists?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10