Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Valérien Ismaël - Head Coach
« Last post by tex on Today at 02:50:40 AM »
Turning out to be another poor appointment. Lose to Coventry and I expect he will be gone.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Guochuan Lai
« Last post by BaggieNick on Today at 12:34:10 AM »
Neither strategies will work.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Sawyers back ?
« Last post by albion59 on Yesterday at 11:55:22 PM »
100% Yes
« Last post by albion59 on Yesterday at 11:50:14 PM »
That's the same Forest & Cooper that we had out-shot by 14 attempts to 4 up to the point that Molumby was sent off?
yeah, we out shot them, 14 to 4 but what was the final score? Oh 0-0. We could have had 50 shots to their 4 but if we don't score it doesn't really matter! The only stat that counts in a game is the goals for and the goals against coulmn.
« Last post by gazberg on Yesterday at 11:44:25 PM »
That's the same Forest & Cooper that we had out-shot by 14 attempts to 4 up to the point that Molumby was sent off?

Most of our attempts are garbage though.
« Last post by WorcsWBA on Yesterday at 11:19:54 PM »
I'd say a good manager would walk in and be adaptable and play to their strengths or even just squeeze more out of the existing players like Cooper at Forest.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Guochuan Lai
« Last post by swad35 on Yesterday at 11:15:38 PM »
Personally not a fan of demos. I think they can defeat the purpose they are designed for. If we assume the club are aware of some fan’s frustration about investment, having small numbers for a demo will be counterproductive I.e the sentiment isn’t that bad. Also demos are least likely to convince a Chinese businessman to sell up but as if for example financial loss is more likely.

I believe vote with your feet, tickets shirt sales etc.
« Last post by overseas baggie on Yesterday at 11:10:49 PM »
When we typically out shoot the opposition by pretty much 2:1, what exactly needs to be changed apart from being more successful in front of goal?

Spot on.  I’d be far more worried if we weren’t creating chances.  Saw Charlie Austin playing very well for QPR tonight and Andre Gray score a worldie winner.  If we’d kept Austin and signed Gray rather than Hugill my hunch is that we’d still be top 2.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Sawyers back ?
« Last post by Albionic on Yesterday at 11:06:44 PM »
Yes, to replace Snodgrass as a squad player and to undermine Stoke
« Last post by gazberg on Yesterday at 10:20:58 PM »
I haven't seen anybody writing give him a load of money, we all know it doesn't exist - maybe what's due on a meagre budget.  Time yes.  Is his replacement going to get "a load of money"; it's xmas time, maybe a genie will appear.  If we don't go up at the end of this season maybe the sense of entitlement will subside to levels commensurate with the size of budget and club.
I did remark on Barnsley's MO just before he was appointed but once appointed, he has to be given a season, surely?

Most managers wouldn't need a load of money to get this squad playing better. I'd say a good manager would walk in and be adaptable and play to their strengths or even just squeeze more out of the existing players like Cooper at Forest.

The only thing can moan about it lack of a quality proper CF. Most of our issues are his own doing in terms of losing squad support. Being out thought etc
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10