Author Topic: Tosin Adarabioyo (on loan from Manchester City)  (Read 38715 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Tosin Adarabioyo Joins Albion on loan
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2018, 10:44:35 AM »
I thought he played very well yesterday overall. What's more, he has been getting better and better with each match he has played. Must retain his place, especially over the woeful Bartley

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2018, 11:35:11 AM »
I was at the game and watched him closely. His positional play was outstanding. He was good in the tackle and in the air, and very comfortable on the ball. Until his untimely error, and I have no idea what he was thinking, he was my man of the match. Leave the back four as they are,they are getting better as a unit. Why change it? Certainly not for Bartley or Mears pleeeeeeease!
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2018, 12:46:02 PM »
He got caught out by the spinning ball, a little unfortunate maybe but he should have just wellied it away!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2018, 01:05:42 PM »
I thought he had a good game and is clearly going to be a premier league standings, yes he dropped a big clanger but he should be able to get over it very quickly.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Tosin Adarabioyo (on loan from Manchester City)
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2018, 09:59:24 AM »
Howler for the goal, but these things happen, you can't just take it in isolation, you have to look at the overall performance and for a lad so young, being asked to play out of position, I continue to be impressed by him.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »
It was an awful error at Ipswich. Top defenders cannot be doing that. Fortunately it didn't cost us. Overall the boy did well. Lack of concentration, must learn from it.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2018, 12:09:55 PM »
It was an awful error at Ipswich. Top defenders cannot be doing that. Fortunately it didn't cost us. Overall the boy did well. Lack of concentration, must learn from it.

For him personally, it will having been a good footballing lesson for him and part of his learning, he will know not to do that in future and in the bigger picture, it didn't cost us any points.

I would still be happy to see him continuing his run in the team.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2018, 01:13:09 PM »
He is a youngster who is learning. I would have a guess that he will never make it at Man City

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2018, 04:55:13 PM »
He is a youngster who is learning. I would have a guess that he will never make it at Man City
I can't see him at a top 6 club myself, maybe if we go up...?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »
I can't see him at a top 6 club myself, maybe if we go up...?

I can see him in the Champions league, I did hear Dogheads were sniffing around 
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2018, 02:50:05 PM »
he like one or two of our own young players need game time to see if they have the potential to move their game up to premiership level or better.
Tosin is getting his here our own arnt  :-[

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2018, 03:14:01 PM »
he like one or two of our own young players need game time to see if they have the potential to move their game up to premiership level or better.
Tosin is getting his here our own arnt  :-[

Tosin is above all of our youngsters in the same position, hence why he is getting game time.

Our next right back in line is Wilson, my Father in law is a Walsall season ticket holder and doesn't speak to highly of him, says hes too lightweight and has been targeted a few times when played.

Will Tosin play for City, probably not, but I imagine he will have a decent career at the top level for someone.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2018, 03:33:20 PM »
Would like to see him get a little bit closer to his man but to be fair he sometimes gets left 1 on 2 due to matty not always giving cover.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2018, 05:18:42 PM »
I like the look of him....and he has improved game by game and often IN game so I am confident he will learn from his error against Ipswich.  The will he won't he make it at Man City argument is irrelevant....they have established internationals not getting on the bench.  It will be interesting to see how much more he progresses throughout the year.....there will most likely be at least one more loan season but will he be nearer to Premier League ready?? 

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2018, 09:49:29 PM »
Absolute class act again tonight, I thought all of the back 4 did well though, but especially him and Hegazi.

Reads the ball very well and his positioning means he intercepts a lot of passes - he also made a crucial tackle where their bloke would have been through, he is miles better than Bartley.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2018, 09:59:34 PM »
Absolute class act again tonight, I thought all of the back 4 did well though, but especially him and Hegazi.

Reads the ball very well and his positioning means he intercepts a lot of passes - he also made a crucial tackle where their bloke would have been through, he is miles better than Bartley.

Thought he was excellent until Montero came on, then he struggled quite badly but he is a centre back after all.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2018, 10:05:07 PM »
He has the ears of his team mates he never stopped telling them were to be a future captain i'm sure.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2018, 10:11:16 PM »
Excellent performance. Played some really smart passes.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2018, 11:51:14 PM »
Made some excellent last ditch tackles when their man would have been through, and his timing needed to be spot on. The Swansea sub Monterro got past him a couple of times, but overall his performance was good. It shows that you need to be patient with some young players and give them a chance to learn and improve.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2018, 12:28:32 AM »

Thought he was excellent until Montero came on, then he struggled quite badly but he is a centre back after all.

Agree with this. He did make a couple of errors before Montero came on but again I would attribute both of those to a centre back being played a right back.

Don't think he'll make it at the top as a right back, not sure I can comment on how good he is a centre half yet as we've barely seen him play there!

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2018, 01:06:46 PM »
seems he's been put right at the centre of a media storm...

Cheers for that Raheem.. Need his head focused on the game, not what the national press are saying about his spending habits or the implied racial motivations of the original article...

https://news.sky.com/story/raheem-sterling-responds-after-alleged-racial-attack-at-chelsea-11576020
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:11:22 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2018, 01:53:34 PM »
People may not like to admit it but we do still have 2 huge problems with racism
1) actual racism
2) snowflakes that make an issue where it doesn't exist which in turn gives the actual racists their own justification

I couldn't care less what Tosin spends his money on , I'm also not aware of any rule that says you have to play a perm match to buy a house?
Ridicoulous reporting that needs stamping out
Conversely mugs like ince and Sol Campbell crying about "more black managers" etc is just as bad, No discrimination is the way forward regardless of positive/ negative....
In essence Campbell hasn't been employed because he's a self important egomaniac....hence his speech

The mods on here do a great job, I don't want to start any further convo about lee Hughes (everyone knows the ins and outs ) but you can bet that there are some WBA "fans" that would feel better about shaking Hughes hand than odemwingie... consider that .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2018, 02:26:15 PM »
This is a topic about Tosin Adarabioyo, please leave it at Tosin and his football, it is not a topic about racism or Lee Hughes, any further posts will be removed, no exception.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2018, 02:36:29 PM »
This is a topic about Tosin Adarabioyo, please leave it at Tosin and his football, it is not a topic about racism or Lee Hughes, any further posts will be removed, no exception.
Sorry
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2018, 03:21:09 AM »
The kid has done alright. He wasn't a comfy v bolasie or montero but at the end of the day he's a young centre back playing out of position
O Albion we love you