Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2372774 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #12475 on: July 29, 2021, 06:35:26 PM »
It's really hard to see how they will manage to do that. I'd imagine he wants to win trophies and play in the top European competition...something Villa aren't going to be able to offer him.

As much as I don't like the bloke you cannot deny his skill. He needs to go to a proper team for his own development which will in turn benefit England.
MAGA!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12476 on: July 29, 2021, 06:40:24 PM »
Not sure he will make the man city first team, when you look at their MF options
DeBruyne / Foden / Zinchenko / Gundogen / Bernardo Silva / Fernandinhio / Rodri

absolutely staggering depth / quality

Time is catching up with Fernandinho, Runours Silva wants out, even Gundogen and De Bruyne are now into their 30’s. I think Grealish would get plenty of game time.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12477 on: July 29, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »
He'll walk into the team.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12478 on: July 29, 2021, 06:56:37 PM »

No mate, he'll get tackled by his own shadow and writhe around first !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12479 on: July 29, 2021, 09:13:33 PM »
As much as I can’t stand him the bloke is absolutely class, will definitely get in there team i think

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #12480 on: July 29, 2021, 09:44:11 PM »
Not sure he will make the man city first team, when you look at their MF options
DeBruyne / Foden / Zinchenko / Gundogen / Bernardo Silva / Fernandinhio / Rodri

absolutely staggering depth / quality

Zinchenko plays left back and the last two names play central midfield.

He’s a much better and more influential footballer than Silva.

Sterling has fallen out of favour towards the end of last season.

Either way, he’ll be heavily involved if he joins them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12481 on: July 30, 2021, 01:22:52 AM »
If Man City want to pay near £100m for Grealish can they really turn it down. Once you are talking that sort of money a player can demand somewhere over £200k per week, maybe up to £300k. Can Villa really have one player earning that sort of money to keep him? It’ll cause more problems than it’s worth doing.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #12482 on: July 30, 2021, 06:10:37 AM »
I’ve said for a while now that Grealish has grown on me.

I still can’t stand him or that stuff he plays for but I massively respect him as a footballer.

The more you watch him and see of him outside of football these days makes it hard not to.

He’s a top footballer and he will get in that City side and England need to find a starting place for him
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12483 on: July 30, 2021, 07:14:30 AM »
I’ve said for a while now that Grealish has grown on me.

I still can’t stand him or that stuff he plays for but I massively respect him as a footballer.

The more you watch him and see of him outside of football these days makes it hard not to.

He’s a top footballer and he will get in that City side and England need to find a starting place for him

I’m the same can’t stand the rat but you can’t not admire him as a player, I think he’s the best in the world at taking the ball 20 - 25 yards up the pitch, I think he’l go the Euro’s will have given him a taste of playing on the big stage & he’l want more of that, Villa aren’t making the top 6 this season.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12484 on: July 30, 2021, 07:20:20 AM »
I’m the same can’t stand the rat but you can’t not admire him as a player, I think he’s the best in the world at taking the ball 20 - 25 yards up the pitch, I think he’l go the Euro’s will have given him a taste of playing on the big stage & he’l want more of that, Villa aren’t making the top 6 this season.

Don't tell their lot that they believe they are top 4 challenging. Grealish and a very good keeper papered over some sizable cracks
O Albion we love you

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12485 on: July 30, 2021, 07:46:28 AM »
Sam Lee the Athletic's Man City correspondent did a fairly detailed piece on where Grealish might fit in should the talks that are currently at an advanced stage result in Grealish moving to Man City.

In short they will play him as part of the double 8 rotation. They won't play him every week and they will on occasion use him in the wide channels as a rotational option. Equally City are open to offers for Silva for instance so not all of the current squad will still be there at the end of the window.

What was really interesting and as a somewhat disinterested party funny at times was the post article comments which was lively and full of football fans being total bellends (the Athletic moderates the comment section so the flat out abusive stuff gets deleted) although the incoming fire that Sam Lee got on Twitter was beyond the pale.

Throughout Sam popped up clarifying bits and defending his story which was well written and well sourced. But got swamped by a tidal wave of delusional willy waving. It might have helped had he used a fish analogy to explain things to the Seals. i.e. Herring<Tuna<Great White Shark and in this context Villa are Tuna and City is the Apex Predator.

The City fans were as bad although there were several "No, mate this is a knife" moments when the discussion turned to ownership. Villa fans learning the difference between a two bit Billionaire and a Sovereign Wealth Fund in real time is heavy going but it's hard to count with flippers. 

However the City fans can't wrap themselves in the cloak of plucky underdog they really can't. As for the nonsense that their ownership only joined the Super League because the big boys made them do it is an intellectual backward somersault with pike that is even more delusional than that he is "one of our own" or "1982" has any relevance in 2021 counter arguments from the Seals.

Long and short of it a plague on both your houses.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:38:09 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12486 on: July 30, 2021, 09:17:49 AM »
Look lads, i was consoling myself in the belief that Grealish wouldnt make the Mancs first team on a regular basis but you have scuppered that particular train of thought - thanks.

May i please cling onto the hope that the Vile will struggle without their talisman and fritter away the funds they will receive from the nice Arabic chaps? ultimately spiralling back into the obscurity of Division 3 as per the early 70's, events which which have been seemingly erased from the memory banks of the flippered contingent!

PLEASE !
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12487 on: July 30, 2021, 09:26:51 AM »
Look lads, i was consoling myself in the belief that Grealish wouldnt make the Mancs first team on a regular basis but you have scuppered that particular train of thought - thanks.

May i please cling onto the hope that the Vile will struggle without their talisman and fritter away the funds they will receive from the nice Arabic chaps? ultimately spiralling back into the obscurity of Division 3 as per the early 70's, events which which have been seemingly erased from the memory banks of the flippered contingent!

PLEASE !

Would be nice but they are the jammiest team going so someone or something will randomly come save the day for them again sadly.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12488 on: July 30, 2021, 09:48:34 AM »

PLEASE !

I think you can. It certainly has scope for being a painful adjustment but and I hate myself for saying this get it right and they could emerge as a stronger team. However it is the balance and if things don't start well  the Villa can get very toxic very quickly and I would not be surprised to see Great Barr's finest out on his ear before the end of the season.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12489 on: July 30, 2021, 09:58:40 AM »
I think you can. It certainly has scope for being a painful adjustment but and I hate myself for saying this get it right and they could emerge as a stronger team. However it is the balance and if things don't start well  the Villa can get very toxic very quickly and I would not be surprised to see Great Barr's finest out on his ear before the end of the season.

Music to my ears (in the main, I have already expunged 1 sentence from my memory) Thanks Stan
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12490 on: July 30, 2021, 10:28:23 AM »
......I'd imagine he wants to win trophies and play in the top European competition...something Villa aren't going to be able to offer him.

We can all hope the Vile don't win anything, ever, but you know what they say about hope. Equally Super Jack may decide to stay where he is and go on to be the Greasiest Viler Slime Ball of all time. Legend legacy status stuff to match his already bloated ego and bank account.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12491 on: July 30, 2021, 10:32:16 AM »

..... then promptly fall over with that vacant expression on his face, arms sprawled appealing for a penalty........... at the photoshoot if he signs for them  ;) .

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12492 on: July 30, 2021, 12:44:46 PM »
Official £100 million bid for Grealish from Manchester City.

Source. The Perce.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12493 on: July 30, 2021, 01:56:02 PM »
Official £100 million bid for Grealish from Manchester City.

Source. The Perce.

I see he has had to turn off the comments on his article for it due to the abuse from the vile fans

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12494 on: July 30, 2021, 02:27:09 PM »
So how does this work then?

Something happens in the World that I don't like then somebody reports on the event. I then take to twitter to abuse the person who reported on the event which of course changes the event.

Can't wait to Masi tweets out the team news next Friday I am going to give him so much abuse we'll have a Centre Forward signed sealed and delivered before the teams take to the field.  8)

Football fans on twitter have a near endless capacity for being pathetic but the Seals have completely lost the plot this afternoon. This of course not been helped by other fans queuing up to have a dig and not just the usual suspects either.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12495 on: July 30, 2021, 04:13:46 PM »
Done deal. Ben White to Arsenal for £50 million.  :-X

Mind boggling fee when you see Varane and Konate...

Source. Fabrizio Romano.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12496 on: July 30, 2021, 07:31:00 PM »
Cannot believe man city have actually offered £100m. Totally, out of character for them to offer this much for someone of his age. I hope it is all rumour as wouldn't want the scum to get so much money coming in.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12497 on: August 02, 2021, 11:02:52 AM »
Harry Kane not shown up for Spurs training. He believes he has a gentlemens agreement to leave since last summer.  Info from Gilmour (Sky) and Romano

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12498 on: August 02, 2021, 11:43:21 AM »
Harry Kane not shown up for Spurs training. He believes he has a gentlemens agreement to leave since last summer.  Info from Gilmour (Sky) and Romano

Gentleman's agreement or not, if this is correct that's very unprofessional..... especially from someone widely acknowledged to be a model pro'....... and Spurs 'frew and frew'.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12499 on: August 02, 2021, 11:46:47 AM »
Gentleman's agreement or not, if this is correct that's very unprofessional..... especially from someone widely acknowledged to be a model pro'....... and Spurs 'frew and frew'.

Bit rude when you are on 5/6 figures per week and you can't be bothered to keep yourself sharp iif only for the next club and out of appreciation for the club paying your wages.