Author Topic: The big sports thread  (Read 6508 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: The big sports thread
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2021, 07:03:44 PM »
Great win there by the British and Irish Lions in Cape Town  :D
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2021, 07:19:28 PM »
Fantastic performance in the second half - looks like the Boks ran out of steam towards the end
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2021, 07:29:51 PM »
Felt like the Gatland comments about the TMO did the trick, disallowed a try and didn't give us a late sin binning.

1-0, just one more win needed
Boing Boing

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2021, 05:50:28 PM »
So it’s a winner takes all in Cape Town next week..

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2021, 10:20:01 PM »
Good end to WI v Pakistan on Bt Sport, Pakistan currently need 1 wicket to win and WI need 14 runs

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »
I know there's a few WWE fans here - has anybody watched AEW?

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2021, 05:00:21 PM »
I know there's a few WWE fans here - has anybody watched AEW?

Not for a while, only when it first started. I don't see anything wrong with it but i barely have time to follow WWE let alone AEW.

Even though it was no surprise great to see CM Punk back wlast night at Rampage.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2021, 10:48:58 PM »
One of World Sports enduring "curses" continued yesterday, with Mayo losing the All Ireland Football final to Tyrone. It's been 70 years since Mayo last won and they have competed in something like 12 finals since then, without winning. They beat Dublin in the semi finals this year- Dublin's first loss since 2014, yet they couldn't make the advantage pay and still have "the curse" hanging over their heads.

As for Tyrone, it's their 4th title and it continues Ulster's/Northern Ireland's brilliant record in the All Ireland over the last 25/30 years. Dublin aside, I think Ulster now have more wins than any other province. They beat Kerry and now Mayo in their last 2 games, hitting both sides of my other halves family (albeit one of them is over in Dublin now celebrating with his Tyrone supporting mates).
Boing Boing

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2021, 02:55:53 PM »
End of season round up. 1st and 2nd XI both won the titles of their respective divisions and are promoted. I was the 2nd highest wicket taker in the division (1st XI) and comfortably the highest in the club with 40. We had a lot of fixtures affected by weather and concessions preventing me getting another half century. I passed 500 wickets for the club in the play-cricket era in May.

All in all a great season for the club and as an individual.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2021, 08:28:08 PM »
Ryder Cup weekend. It’s been a 3 year wait but it’s finally here.

It does clash with Albion on Friday night which is a shame, but I’ll watch as much as I can this weekend. I fully expect a USA win on home turf. They have 8 of the top 10 in the world lining up this time out, man for man they blow Europe out of the water. The crowd is also expected to be quite rowdy so it will be a tough atmosphere.

In terms of our squad, Jon Rahm is the worlds best golfer right now and the only European in the top 10 while Norwegian Viktor Holland looks a good shout to be the best rookie on show. I think there may be a few veterans however playing 1 Ryder cup too many, including “The Postman” Ian Poulter who is 7 years on from his last great showing in 2014.

Thr American Cantley could be the player of the weekend. I’m going for a US win.
Boing Boing

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2021, 08:59:45 PM »
Ryder Cup weekend. It’s been a 3 year wait but it’s finally here.

It does clash with Albion on Friday night which is a shame, but I’ll watch as much as I can this weekend. I fully expect a USA win on home turf. They have 8 of the top 10 in the world lining up this time out, man for man they blow Europe out of the water. The crowd is also expected to be quite rowdy so it will be a tough atmosphere.

In terms of our squad, Jon Rahm is the worlds best golfer right now and the only European in the top 10 while Norwegian Viktor Holland looks a good shout to be the best rookie on show. I think there may be a few veterans however playing 1 Ryder cup too many, including “The Postman” Ian Poulter who is 7 years on from his last great showing in 2014.

Thr American Cantley could be the player of the weekend. I’m going for a US win.

Its so satisfying putting one over on the yanks when they are so dominant as individuals
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2021, 09:02:07 PM »
Unfortunately it’s difficult to see anything other than an American win and probably by a large margin , possibly as big as 5 pts
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

KYA

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2021, 09:18:23 PM »
Love the Ryder Cup but can't see this being our year.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2021, 10:39:57 PM »
Love the Ryder cup. Was lucky enough to go for a week in 2014 and met some of the players briefly. Some were great, some less so.

Sadly I don’t see we have a chance. With a pure US crowd it would be great to win, but there’s just too much of a gulf in class between the teams this year in my opinion.

Sadly I’ll not see much at all as I’m away this weekend. Hopefully I’ll see the Albion and the Joshua fight but I’ve no chance of sitting for hours to on end watch the golf. 

I genuinely think it will be pretty much over by Sunday. I think it’ll start like Medinah, But not finish like it.