Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 94668 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: FA Cup
« Reply #575 on: April 18, 2024, 09:20:52 PM »
Divide and conquer, all part of the superleague plan
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #576 on: April 18, 2024, 11:04:45 PM »
Pathetic decision. The FA Cup is losing all its magic. Such a shame.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #577 on: April 19, 2024, 09:37:42 AM »
Divide and conquer, all part of the superleague plan

Be my dream for the top 6 to go to a Superleague & leave the rest of us

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #578 on: April 19, 2024, 09:41:18 AM »
Be my dream for the top 6 to go to a Superleague & leave the rest of us
Who are the top six not so long ago Chelsea and Man Utd would be automatic picks?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #579 on: April 19, 2024, 09:55:22 AM »
Who are the top six not so long ago Chelsea and Man Utd would be automatic picks?

Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Spurs

'Big 6' then

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #580 on: April 19, 2024, 10:00:05 AM »
Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Spurs

'Big 6' then

Ooer, you've just upset the Witton rabble.

BagAlbion123

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #581 on: April 19, 2024, 10:08:26 AM »
Pathetic decision. The FA Cup is losing all its magic. Such a shame.

Lost it's magic a long time ago, look at the previous winners just all the big boys no point anymore their 2nd teams are vastly superior to most 1st teams

Plus all the prem clashes picked for TV so boring, fact Palace vs Everton was picked for TV this season was a disgrace

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #582 on: April 19, 2024, 01:27:14 PM »
The fixture schedule in this country is very congested, but I would reduce the matches by reducing the number of cups. Most countries only have one domestic cup competition. I would scrap the League cup. Also at European level we now have a third trophy, the Conference Cup.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #583 on: April 19, 2024, 01:37:13 PM »
The fixture schedule in this country is very congested, but I would reduce the matches by reducing the number of cups. Most countries only have one domestic cup competition. I would scrap the League cup. Also at European level we now have a third trophy, the Conference Cup.

It's only really congested for the 'big 6'.

And because there are so many UEFA matches is the reason for this, so basically we are changing the fixtures around in a competition that has 700+ competitors to suite about 6 teams

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #584 on: April 19, 2024, 03:21:52 PM »
The big 6 who have the biggest squads and were the ones who wanted the additional subs on the benches each game who also only play reserve sides in the cup anyhow.

The alternative for them is not to be as successful and play less games.

No need to scrap any cup to suit 6 clubs

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #585 on: April 19, 2024, 09:10:40 PM »
I’m hoping we put a statement out like several teams have but I’m guessing with us having a chance of being there next season they won’t  :(

the other AJ

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #586 on: April 20, 2024, 07:25:37 AM »
Grimsby’s Statement was spot on TBF
Baggie Down Under 🙃

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #587 on: April 20, 2024, 08:37:49 PM »
I’m hoping we put a statement out like several teams have but I’m guessing with us having a chance of being there next season they won’t  :(
Patel probably doesn't want to speak out yet to avoid trouble. Regardless of us being there we would love the replays. The people who founded the FA and the league including members of our clubs would be turning in there grave
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #588 on: April 20, 2024, 11:51:14 PM »
The big 6 who have the biggest squads and were the ones who wanted the additional subs on the benches each game who also only play reserve sides in the cup anyhow.

The alternative for them is not to be as successful and play less games.

No need to scrap any cup to suit 6 clubs

Yeah, and hoard players from every other club outside the top 6, but then don't play them.

Pep moaned about the schedule today but then picked virtually the same XI that played Wednesday despite having £100m's worth of player not starting either game.

If they want it to be like that their squad size (and number of contracted players) should be reduced

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #589 on: April 21, 2024, 02:50:36 PM »
I three outcomes for the end of the FA Cup 2 are probably predictable, Manchester Derby again in the Final, and City win as Utd are a mess, Coventry get to the final and get steamrolled or and I do hope this happens and it would be a big shock but based on the nature of this season, Coventry get to the final, City attack attack attack but can't break them down and then Coventry nick it one nil. Realistically it's Man City who are going to win. I debate even watching this semi final and the final with the fact the competition is being ruined and it is predictable. That and I can't stand Man Utd especially Fernandes

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #590 on: April 21, 2024, 05:33:58 PM »

We used to have the European Cup, UEFA Cup, and Cup-Winners Cup, so that doesn't fly. The difference now is the number of teams in Europe - Champions League used to be just for champions, not anyone down to 4th.

We don't need to drop any cup competition at all, they just need to stop flying around the globe playing meaningless friendlies, but they won't because of the cash.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #591 on: April 21, 2024, 05:44:48 PM »
Some bloody game this. Man U have no resilience at all.

Lionheart

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #592 on: April 21, 2024, 05:48:27 PM »
Some bloody game this. Man U have no resilience at all.
Makes great viewing though  ;D No harm for us that Coventry play 120 minutes today while also having to face Hull and Blackburn this week.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #593 on: April 21, 2024, 06:14:13 PM »
That was VERY cruel I hate these decisions that involve mm’s and even with the lines aren’t clear in the slightest.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #594 on: April 21, 2024, 06:33:16 PM »
That was VERY cruel I hate these decisions that involve mm’s and even with the lines aren’t clear in the slightest.
I love it
Have a strong dislike of Cov and that pillock o hare….possibly the worst barnet in football..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #595 on: April 21, 2024, 06:48:59 PM »
It's Man Utd they have to give it. Why did they even appeal, how did they know he wasn't Offside he looked on, if they paid as much attention to where he was offside as they did the game they wouldn't need that, Onana was off his line for 1 penalty. Fernandes who needs Drop Kicking by a Vinny Jones type was giving abuse to the Coventry Keeper, VAR aka MSN Utd's best friend get it gone get it gone now we can't use it anyway. And as you can tell I really hate Man Utd they are the definition of Entitled. There fans are pathetic no chanting until the penalties. Coventry deserved to go through. I just know Man Utd still have all the refs and executives and officials for these completely Football ruining descions on there side. God is there a more jammy team. I thought Villa were but even they suffer when they play Utd. What a joke of a team and VAR needs gone. This is further conformation to me I am sticking with Non League. If this is football forget it

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #596 on: April 21, 2024, 07:49:12 PM »
Jammy Man Utd scrape through thanks to VAR and the woodwork.  Hope they get battered in the final.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #597 on: April 21, 2024, 08:52:38 PM »
Makes great viewing though  ;D No harm for us that Coventry play 120 minutes today while also having to face Hull and Blackburn this week.
Ideal world they draw with Hull ! Not sure they’ll have any petrol left in the tank after that though !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #598 on: April 21, 2024, 10:31:20 PM »
Well played Cov, should've won it
I like there right back 27,good on the ball attacking and defended well, could do with signing him if available

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #599 on: April 22, 2024, 12:51:53 AM »
Well played Cov, should've won it
I like there right back 27,good on the ball attacking and defended well, could do with signing him if available

Tbh they have a fair few players I like the look of, and that's after selling off two players to top division teams in summer.

Their recruitment is miles ahead of ours.