Author Topic: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)  (Read 150359 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)
« Reply #325 on: September 29, 2020, 09:57:35 PM »

YEah it's on the Leeds FC documentary on Amazon. Have you seen that bit? Deal was done and player was sat there, passed his medical, terms agreed, had his pohtos taken and then Swansea board had an interna fallout with them and owners and just refused to answer phone to Leeds board.

Yes, I watched earlier today. It was obviously heartbreaking for all concerned. All was going well until the final hour of that window and it just fell apart because of boardroom politics at Swansea.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #326 on: September 30, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »
Still reeling from the shock of Sangare going to PSV ahead of Southampton news breaks today that Rennes have signed Alfred Gomis from Dijon to replace Chelsea bound Mendy. In a deal worth up £15.5m but with £9m being actually guaranteed.

Rennes are just very good at this transfer thing and are obviously data driven because nearly always their targets jump off the page when you look at the data. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #327 on: September 30, 2020, 10:29:34 AM »
Still reeling from the shock of Sangare going to PSV ahead of Southampton news breaks today that Rennes have signed Alfred Gomis from Dijon to replace Chelsea bound Mendy. In a deal worth up £15.5m but with £9m being actually guaranteed.

Rennes are just very good at this transfer thing and are obviously data driven because nearly always their targets jump off the page when you look at the data. 

But I thought the market was impossible on a budget?

I guess skilled operators find a way 👾
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #328 on: September 30, 2020, 10:31:36 AM »
Ross Barkley signs for Villa, completely out of the blue.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #329 on: September 30, 2020, 10:32:00 AM »
Ross Barkley has signed for AVFC on season long loan

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2020, 10:32:44 AM »
Ross Barkley signs for Villa, completely out of the blue.

Was reported a few days ago tbf

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #331 on: September 30, 2020, 02:57:18 PM »
Fulham getting Lookman in.

Decent player but not remotely where they need to strengthen.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #332 on: September 30, 2020, 05:20:27 PM »
Everton make £26m bid for Norwich central defender Ben Godfrey
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #333 on: October 01, 2020, 09:09:27 AM »
Today's topic is squad bloat. A rough guess there are about 300 players across the big five leagues that clubs would like to unload and with less than a week to go either the market springs to life (which it always does) or there is going to be an awful lot of disgruntled players and unhappy executives paying for squads that are too big from much reduced revenue.

Half the Premier League squads have 30 or more players in them. 8 Bundesliga squads 15 in Serie A, 5 in Ligue 1 and just 1 in La Liga. That's not to say that a squad with 28 players particularly at a club without European football could not lose a couple of players, but almost nobody needs 30 players.

Yet most fans would add at least a couple of players to those squads.

We are in for an interesting few days. 

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #334 on: October 01, 2020, 09:35:25 AM »
I wonder who will end up picking up the best loan deal of the final week?

There is always a good loan move to be had on the final week, so it would be great if we end up benefiting.

Rhian Brewster, Curtis Jones, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Tiémoué Bakayoko, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Tommy Doyle, Ryan Sessegnon and Dele Alli look the best of those potentially available.

I'd love Sessegnon to fill the left back birth - especially if Bilic persists with 5 at the back
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #335 on: October 01, 2020, 10:23:30 AM »

There is always a good loan move to be had on the final week, so it would be great if we end up benefiting.

Rhian Brewster, Curtis Jones, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Tiémoué Bakayoko, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Tommy Doyle, Ryan Sessegnon and Dele Alli look the best of those potentially available.

I'd love Sessegnon to fill the left back birth - especially if Bilic persists with 5 at the back

As exciting as some of those young attacking midfielders are, we don't need one. Brewster, Loftus Cheek, Bakayoko and Sessegnon would all solve a problem for us though, and improve us massively but obviously with Gallagher here, Bakayoko and LC arent available to us.

I think Brewster will go on a loan with an option to buy to a better placed club so Sess is the only one I could see potentially happening.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2020, 10:25:32 AM »

Spurs in general are in a interesting spot. They have 30 players but would probably let about 5 or 6 players go and would bring in no more than four in.

Danny Rose is plainly for sale and there is no interest. Wages age etc.. count against him but he's not a bad player.

Dele Alli out of favour and in truth not been great for at least a season now if someone would come in with an offer in the £40m to £50m range I think even Levy would snap their hand off. It is a typical "showing ambition signing" that an Everton or West Ham would have made in the past but unfortunately for Spurs they are either skint or wised up. A loan kind of makes sense but more likely abroad than in England.

Sessegnon is not going to play while Mourinho is there probably needs to nail down his long term position winger/wingback/full back, and loan would help the player. Would massively improve most bottom half Premier Leagues teams.

On paper they have a lot of Centre Backs particularly as Dier is being played there Foyth and Carter Vickers are near certain to leave although both have squad numbers which is more than Danny Rose has.

Serge Aurier is too good to be back up to Mat Doherty who is still not the RB they need but whatever.

The midfield there is lots of it probably could lose a couple but which two I don't know. Why is Gleeson Fernandes there? Makes no sense for player nor club.

Despite having lots of Centre Backs they probably need a really good one and a back up option for Kane and unlike in previous seasons that player will get game time.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #337 on: October 01, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »
John Percy Twitter Account

“ Everton's second bid of £25m plus add-ons for Norwich defender Ben Godfrey has been accepted tonight. Godfrey set for medical in next 24 hours #efc #ncfc”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #338 on: October 01, 2020, 07:57:11 PM »
Michaël Cuisance's move to Leeds United has fallen through. Bayern Munich and Leeds couldn't agree on a buy-back clause. (Source: @FabrizioRomano/@PhilHay_)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #339 on: October 01, 2020, 09:02:11 PM »
Weird, the Athletic have done a feature saying he failed his medical. Who knows!?

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #340 on: October 02, 2020, 09:19:18 AM »
Brewster going to Sheffield Utd - £23.5m for an unproven Premier league player with potential. Hope Huddersfield don’t use that for Grant as a barometer!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #341 on: October 02, 2020, 09:26:37 AM »
Brewster going to Sheffield Utd - £23.5m for an unproven Premier league player with potential. Hope Huddersfield don’t use that for Grant as a barometer!!

moving from one Premier league club to another though not from one in the Championship.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2020, 09:29:37 AM »
Vladimir Coufal: West Ham sign Slavia Prague right-back for £5.4m
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

WBA.R.K

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #343 on: October 02, 2020, 09:43:15 AM »

Makes me think of the Solanke deal to Bournemouth

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #344 on: October 02, 2020, 10:26:28 AM »

Liverpool seem to be able to dominate the transfer market now. I would never do business with them. They have squeezed £23.5m out of Brewster, plus have a sell on clause AND a buy back clause (probably £34m range).

That's a hugely restrictive deal for Sheff Utd, but Liverpool pride themselves on being able to bully smaller clubs into doing what they want.

I think for Utd it's a good signing. Brewster looks premier league quality, with his strength, speed, shot and movement all being great. I was looking at Sheff Utd as being a potential relegation rival, but this signing might just be the missing goal scoring piece for them.
Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #345 on: October 02, 2020, 10:51:51 AM »
The Brewster deal is very bad and I like the player a lot but this can never turn out well for Sheffield United.

All directors of football should print out a big sign and pin it above their desks with the most important 3 words in football recruitment.  REMEMBER JORDAN IBE.  Now you are ready to talk to Liverpool about one of their  largely unproven young players.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:53:25 AM by Standaman »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »
if the buy back clause on Brewster is true, it is deal weighted very heavily in Liverpool's favour.

However I wouldn't say it cannot work out for Sheffield United. If he helps them stay up for a couple of years and then they make £10-15m then that its hardly bad is it.

The downside isn't that bad either. The kid has just hit 10 goals in the championship in his first 20 senior games, as a 20 year old right now.  If he doesn't make it in the top flight the bottom end of his range is still likely £10-£15m for a good few years yet. 

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2020, 11:24:22 AM »
Southampton have made a bid for Brest midfielder Ibrahima Diallo.

Is he one of those mentioned by Stan or Mark?
Boing Boing

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #348 on: October 02, 2020, 11:30:23 AM »

different one, we’re linked with Habib Diallo of Metz.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #349 on: October 02, 2020, 11:40:29 AM »
if the buy back clause on Brewster is true, it is deal weighted very heavily in Liverpool's favour.

However I wouldn't say it cannot work out for Sheffield United. If he helps them stay up for a couple of years and then they make £10-15m then that its hardly bad is it.

The downside isn't that bad either. The kid has just hit 10 goals in the championship in his first 20 senior games, as a 20 year old right now.  If he doesn't make it in the top flight the bottom end of his range is still likely £10-£15m for a good few years yet.

Okay the assumptions are piling up here and they may prove to be correct but they may not. With any transfer even ones that look quiet good at the outset a 100% loss is always available, which is why Jordan Ibe is so very relevant here. Against this Sheffield United have capped any profit they make from the deal at around £10.5m.

What makes it worse is that should things not work out and Sheffield United end up selling at a future date for £10m Liverpool have £1.5m of that fee and Sheffield United are nursing a loss of £13m

The other assumption is there is a market outside the English top flight that will pay £10m plus for a player who hasn't confirmed his early promise which cushions the downside, I know that place used to be called the Championship but I suspect that might not be case now or even in the future.

Diallo seems to be the Senegalese equivalent of "Smith" there are a lot of them scattered around French football.  No "mine" is Habib