Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534912 times)

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #900 on: October 10, 2014, 08:53:24 PM »
5 year contract being discussed

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #901 on: October 10, 2014, 10:09:28 PM »
We knew he had the talent. Now he's showing that he's got his head screwed on as well. This lad is going to go far if he keeps working hard. It won't be long until the big boys come calling. Just hope we get a fair price.
I think we can be confident that when or if that day comes JP will get more than a fair price for him!! Add in the fact JP rightly so is irritated to say the least on the lack of return the club has seen from our most promising youngsters in recent years as the bigger clubs can snatch them up for next to nothing so you can bet JP will have that on his mind and will be looking to make up for it on the sale of Saido!!

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #902 on: October 10, 2014, 10:14:16 PM »
Get him signed up , and then make them pay. Through the nose . If Shane long is worth 12m the sky is the limit .
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:10:29 PM by kris_boing »

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #903 on: October 10, 2014, 11:15:41 PM »
It would be £25 million plus for us to even think about it. As said, 5 year contract is being discussed, hopefully go through quickly.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #904 on: October 10, 2014, 11:22:38 PM »
It would be £25 million plus for us to even think about it. As said, 5 year contract is being discussed, hopefully go through quickly.

Glad to hear it, he's only signed till 2017, with no option in our favour. So if he carries on like this this season, we would in all honesty have to think about selling him, as otherwise his value drops with each passing window, to an eventual £0.

In all reality, a new contract may end up involving a release clause, but as long as that clause is £25m+ i won't mind, as that's what he's worth adn I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a chmps league club once he's got us 30+ prem goals.

Hopefully this acts as a sign to our current youth kids (Leko is it?) to stay and end up like Saido, not Izzy Brown.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #905 on: October 10, 2014, 11:26:52 PM »
Shows what football has become if Berahino is worth £25mil.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #906 on: October 10, 2014, 11:30:54 PM »
Shows what football has become if Berahino is worth £25mil.

It's true. I'm currently available for £20,000 if anyone is interested. Once scored 2 goals in an U11's match.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #907 on: October 11, 2014, 12:08:20 AM »
This lad is going about things the right way and is reaping the rewards

Brilliant stuff fair play Saido keep 'em coming
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #908 on: October 11, 2014, 12:24:44 AM »
I think Saido is a great prospect and it's ace to have a player from the youth team come through and make a name for himself... But let's be honest with some of our 'fans' if he doesn't score a hat trick v Utd it will be 'gerrim off Irvine put Brown on' ...

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #909 on: October 11, 2014, 05:36:43 AM »
According to the BBC website Spuds want Saido. £15m is the fee that the Sun are guessing at.

Last season I wondered if he was as good as he seemed to think he was. This season he has come on leaps and bounds and £15m just wouldn't be enough based performances and goals so far.

Sooner or later though he is almost certain to move on, but I imagine that when he does it will be to a big club, rather than someone like Tottenham.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #910 on: October 11, 2014, 06:32:58 AM »
According to the BBC website Spuds want Saido. £15m is the fee that the Sun are guessing at.

Last season I wondered if he was as good as he seemed to think he was. This season he has come on leaps and bounds and £15m just wouldn't be enough based performances and goals so far.

Sooner or later though he is almost certain to move on, but I imagine that when he does it will be to a big club, rather than someone like Tottenham.

I guessed they would be first out of the blocks.
I would imagine that they would be keen to play Berahino and Kane in the same team.
Wonder if Kanes been having a word in his shell like, either way we need to hang on to him for the rest of this season and hope Brown gets his act together ready for next season.
Reast assured if the right offer comes in we will have no option but to sell
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #911 on: October 11, 2014, 08:38:42 AM »
£15m is just laughable for a young English goalscorer in the current climate so no a chance of that and I doubt Spuds would be big enough and rich enough to afford him if he keeps up his form.

Let's just enjoy him whilst he with us.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

johhnybaggies 4life

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #912 on: October 11, 2014, 09:19:15 AM »
It's all good saying £15million-£30million but think about it, we'll just get free's and spend max £2-3mill on a washed up player, and peace will keep the rest, but can you think of anyone worth say £20million who would come to a non champions league team?
Stick Together Through Thick And Thin

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #913 on: October 11, 2014, 09:36:07 AM »
Spuds will have to double bid for this kid just to get jps attention, and then it will be one of the top four who in the
end gets him for north of 30 million but not yet not yet

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #914 on: October 11, 2014, 10:35:19 AM »
I'd say actual football ability and potential - 7-9m

The fact he is English and the fact other English players have gone for ridiculous money we should definitely be looking £20m+

Hopefully though we just keep him but I can't see happening

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #915 on: October 11, 2014, 10:46:05 AM »
I'd say actual football ability and potential - 7-9m

The fact he is English and the fact other English players have gone for ridiculous money we should definitely be looking £20m+

Hopefully though we just keep him but I can't see happening

Even if he wasn't English his football ability and potential is a lot more than 7-9 million  ???
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #916 on: October 11, 2014, 11:04:56 AM »
It's all good saying £15million-£30million but think about it, we'll just get free's and spend max £2-3mill on a washed up player, and peace will keep the rest.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

We operate at more than 70% wages to turn over. The signing on fees on Lescott and the other new lads, plus the fees for Bobby and co (which alone are worth in excess of £16mill net) mean we've easily spent £20mill on signing people, but yeah, JP will keep it all.... Doesn't it get boring repeating the same obviously not true stuff constantly?

In regards to Saido, If he signing a new contract, great, if not, then we may have to sell this summer, but certainly not this January.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #917 on: October 11, 2014, 11:08:24 AM »
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

We operate at more than 70% wages to turn over. The signing on fees on Lescott and the other new lads, plus the fees for Bobby and co (which alone are worth in excess of £16mill net) mean we've easily spent £20mill on signing people, but yeah, JP will keep it all.... Doesn't it get boring repeating the same obviously not true stuff constantly?

In regards to Saido, If he signing a new contract, great, if not, then we may have to sell this summer, but certainly not this January.

I thought the same...

Its getting boring now with people farting out these ridiculous posts on JP

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #918 on: October 11, 2014, 11:25:03 AM »
At the end of the season we will have two years to run on his current deal so there is no good reason to sell in January unless there is a huge offer (£15m is not huge in this context) if he does not commit to an extended contract the clock is ticking from next summer and I would be very surprised if he is not sold. In the meantime here is youtube clip of his best bits to date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJp7d5xIPHk
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #919 on: October 11, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »
A lot of contracts these days have a buyout clause. When Saido's improved deal was sorted last year, it wouldn't be too surprising if he had a buyout figure of around £15m included in that.
I guess if a club met that, it would then depend on how the clause is viewed legally and whether or not Saido wanted to go to the club making the offer, as to whether we could keep him in that circumstance.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #920 on: October 11, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »
A lot of contracts these days have a buyout clause. When Saido's improved deal was sorted last year, it wouldn't be too surprising if he had a buyout figure of around £15m included in that.
I guess if a club met that, it would then depend on how the clause is viewed legally and whether or not Saido wanted to go to the club making the offer, as to whether we could keep him in that circumstance.

Given his situation and how things were going at that point, i doubt he'd have a clause currently, partly due to his not setting the world alight at that point, so why would anyone envisage a huge bid? Partly also because i think Albion are very reluctant to have such clauses. Apart from Jonas being able to move to London is a european club came in, i don't know of any others we've got in players contract.

Having said that, as a negotiation point I'd expect us to agree to one in a new long term contract with Saido, otherwise i don't expect he'd sign.

All of this is idle speculation of course.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #921 on: October 11, 2014, 12:49:27 PM »
I can't believe some of the exaggerated quotes being branded about on here. 25 million!? He's had a good start to the season, but it's only 5 goals (two of them penalties!)

I'm hoping we aren't going into a new contract already, as we made this mistake last season. His from drastically tailed off after those contract negotiations.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #922 on: October 11, 2014, 01:11:19 PM »
I can't believe some of the exaggerated quotes being branded about on here. 25 million!? He's had a good start to the season, but it's only 5 goals (two of them penalties!)

I'm hoping we aren't going into a new contract already, as we made this mistake last season. His from drastically tailed off after those contract negotiations.

Calum Chambers moved to Arsenal for 16m based on 20 games. Strikers always cost a lot more than defenders and Berahino's one of the best young striker in the country. Even Zaha cost 16m and he was far from the best player in the championship that season and was always extremely patchy in form. Maybe not 25m, but if he can hit 15 goals this season it'll certainly be around there. Consider people like Troy Deeney had bids of 12m in the summer. Not too mention Shane Long, whom Berahino has already almost matched his best goalscoring season in this league.

Besides which, it'll be his all round game that'll be impressing as much as his goalscoring at the moment. His touch is excellent, he's developed into a really good player with his back to goal and keeps the ball well, and crucially for a striker his off the ball movement is superb.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:27:20 PM by Dan »

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #923 on: October 11, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »
i think jp will stick a 25-35m price tag on him

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #924 on: October 11, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »
If he keeps on banging in the goals then 30 million plus for s young English striker with transfer potential is peanuts in the crazy world of professional football add to that England caps then jp must be rubbing his hands with glee