Author Topic: 3 May 2021 Albion 1 Wolves 1  (Read 32626 times)

domingo6220

• WBA Newbie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #350 on: May 04, 2021, 10:11:35 AM »
One of the only things I miss about living in the midlands is hearing local radio, and I'm with you, If Tony thinks he should stay, who am I to argue  ;D

You can listen to WM online, alternatively there is an app called TuneIn radio which broadcasts pretty much every radio station out there (legitimately).

On to the game, a win wouldn't have prevented the inevitable impending relegation and on the balane we probably should have won. Severe defensive overhaul is required next season as well as the midfield assuming both Okay and AMN go back to their parent clubs. I don't expect Pereira to be here either.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:30:16 AM by domingo6220 »

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #351 on: May 04, 2021, 10:15:03 AM »
What I heard the commentator say was 'First thing Sam Allardyce wants to do if West Brom stay in the premier league is make Yokuslu's deal permanent'.

They did say we were in for him last summer (and Diagne).

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #352 on: May 04, 2021, 10:28:13 AM »
He's overseen us relegated this season, that's his most recent work.   Speak to some Everton fans to see how successful he was in his previous job.

Put it this way, if you were a team in the Championship, or, someone like Fulham, going down, would you be trying to have a chat with Sam about coming in and taking the job?  I don't think so.

I’d say absolutely. He’s a good manager....I think most clubs would be interested from mid table prem sides down

He has to stay for me.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #353 on: May 04, 2021, 10:41:01 AM »
I’d say absolutely. He’s a good manager....I think most clubs would be interested from mid table prem sides down

He has to stay for me.

Agreed. Any club in the Championship would want Allardyce, just no way they would get him.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #354 on: May 04, 2021, 10:59:51 AM »
Will the wolves ever learn?........

No. Have you seen that photo online of their goonies by the gates at the Smethwick End? They just can't help themselves with flags. Weapons grade appendages  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #355 on: May 04, 2021, 11:11:40 AM »
No. Have you seen that photo online of their goonies by the gates at the Smethwick End? They just can't help themselves with flags. Weapons grade appendages  ;D .

Yes I've see that.
Note they didn't do it in-front of the Astle Gates where any passing Albion fans could have given them the odd slap
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #356 on: May 04, 2021, 12:18:34 PM »
They did say we were in for him last summer (and Diagne).
Yes I heard that also. Maybe not so much in for them but they were on our list of possibles. Don't know if we pursued anything then or more likely it was case of Bilic + Dowling deciding to spend the money elsewhere. From that we assume it wasn't Allardyce's own scouting/knowledge that resulted in Yokuslu and Diagne coming in Jan but it was his decision to take them then.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #357 on: May 04, 2021, 12:25:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can get radio WM online. Not that I want to listen to that Paul Franks clown anytime soon.
I can't pick up WM where I live, but can always get it online. Their licence prevents broadcast of live matches, so I just use it for the pre and after match chat and interviews.
P.S. I always wonder who the frequent caller Van is. Usually talks sense. Is he known on here? 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #358 on: May 04, 2021, 12:30:53 PM »
WM is poor to be honest. I find it pretty sad that it is the only local radio station that covers football.

That shouldnt be the case in 2021.

Baltic

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #359 on: May 04, 2021, 02:29:04 PM »
A patchy performance in very difficult conditions.

SJ was solid, but many others struggled.  Of course they know they are down but Furlong and Ajayi for example were making basic mistakes that would get punished at any level.

Only Pereira and Yokuslu will be sorely missed form this team and I hope by some miracle one of them will stay.

Here's hoping!