Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 491840 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #2450 on: August 02, 2021, 10:10:41 PM »

Offers to contracted players & managers are made all the time, but contract negotiations can't be followed up until a fee for the transfer of registration is agreed.

I bet Jack Grealish knows exactly what his contract with Man City will be, even though the two clubs have yet to agree on a transfer fee.
He may well do but he hasn’t gone public with it so you can’t prove it . Unlike Perriera and or agent
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2451 on: August 02, 2021, 10:12:26 PM »
He may well do but he hasn’t gone public with it so you can’t prove it . Unlike Perriera and or agent

What a weird hill to die on...

Potential tapping up  :-\
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2452 on: August 02, 2021, 10:14:03 PM »
Negotiations haven't been mentioned or happened. His agent has been contacted and been given a number. The end.
In my book, contacting the agent and offering a wage such that it turns the player's head is a negotatiating tactic. Not necessarily with the player but with the player's club.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2453 on: August 02, 2021, 10:15:52 PM »
To be honest the whole circus on transfers needs rationalising.

Firstly in practice there is no such thing as an illegal approach because every club talks to a players agent way before agreeing anything formally with their club. Have you ever wondered why after a fee has been agreed deals seldom breakdown on personal terms?  If neither party had any idea of what was on offer or being demanded  there would be plenty of times when deals would collapse at that stage.

Secondly transfer fees need to be rationalised and standardised. There should be a standard release clause in the contract which is a multiplier of the outstanding value of the contract.  All parties would therefore know where they stood. Clubs could agree a deal to waive all or part of the fee but can't hold onto a player once the clause had been met.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2454 on: August 02, 2021, 10:16:43 PM »
Negotiations haven't been mentioned or happened. His agent has been contacted and been given a number. The end.
The very fact he’s been made an offer whilst under contract when no offer has been accepted is illegal ffs . Perriera has been contacted by Al Hilal by a 3 rd party ( his agent) that constitutes a negotiation .His words ‘ 3 weeks ago I was made an offer ‘
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:25:20 PM by hardtobeat »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2455 on: August 02, 2021, 10:18:24 PM »
The very fact he’s been made an offer whilst under contract when no offer has been accepted is illegal ffs . Perriera has been contacted by Al Hillary by a 3 rd party ( his agent) that constitutes a negotiation .His words ‘ 3 weeks ago I was made an offer ‘

Nothing illegal about it... no action will be considered never mind taken on this basis.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2456 on: August 02, 2021, 10:20:07 PM »
What a weird hill to die on...

Potential tapping up  :-\
Except in Perrieras case he’s openly admitted it so it’s real and admitted, to pretend he has done nothing wrong is bizarre

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2457 on: August 02, 2021, 10:21:26 PM »
The very fact he’s been made an offer whilst under contract when no offer has been accepted is illegal ffs . Perriera has been contacted by Al Hillary by a 3 rd party ( his agent) that constitutes a negotiation .His words ‘ 3 weeks ago I was made an offer ‘
I knew Hillary's emails would come into it somewhere!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:28:27 PM by WorcsWBA »

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2458 on: August 02, 2021, 10:23:58 PM »
Nothing illegal about it... no action will be considered never mind taken on this basis.
Have it your way, nothing will be done because of lily livered administrators not because the rules havent been broken
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:25:50 PM by hardtobeat »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2459 on: August 02, 2021, 10:33:51 PM »
The very fact he’s been made an offer whilst under contract when no offer has been accepted is illegal ffs .

Jordan Sancho agreed personal terms with Man Utd before they agreed a transfer fee with Dortmund. The reality is agents talk to each other 24/7 and clubs interested in Pereira will sound out his personal terms whilst tabling bids to Albion or notice of an interest to buy. That is just the way the market works. We are no different when we sign players, our club and agents acting for our club will talk with the players agent.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 07:00:30 AM by Hull Baggie »

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2460 on: August 02, 2021, 10:37:34 PM »
We’re suing al hilal for offering pereira a contract!  ;D

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2461 on: August 02, 2021, 10:40:26 PM »
We’re suing al hilal for offering pereira a contract!  ;D

Got a link?

I think Pereira is dreaming about earning over £100k p/w. The only reason it could be funded is if their minuscule offer was ever accepted which it never would be, so it's a complete non starter.
I think he will end up going to West Ham now for around £20 million which is £10 million too cheap, but these are our circumstances.

We all knew this day would come with Pereira though so it's no surprise regarding his attitude etc.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2462 on: August 02, 2021, 10:44:30 PM »
Twitter story not confirmed that we have lodged a complaint with FIFA, which I expect to go nowhere.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2463 on: August 02, 2021, 10:47:01 PM »
Just a really annoying situation all-round. The guy walks into pretty much any team in the world, bar Champions League last 16 level, yet the only team who appear to be seriously interested is a bunch of part-timers from Saudi Arabia.

Why is it always the case with us? Just seems to go wrong every time we have a player worth a decent amount. Always ends up with a Evans/Berahino/Rondon situation where nobody seems to be interested unless we sell them for nothing or loan them. I guarantee if he was at someone like Watford, Norwich or Bournemouth they'd be turning down £25-30m bids.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2464 on: August 02, 2021, 10:47:26 PM »
The journalist who tweeted about the complaint is considered very unreliable apparently

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2465 on: August 02, 2021, 10:50:01 PM »
Just a really annoying situation all-round. The guy walks into pretty much any team in the world, bar Champions League last 16 level, yet the only team who appear to be seriously interested is a bunch of part-timers from Saudi Arabia. Why is it always the case with us? Just seems to go wrong every time we have a player worth a decent amount. Always ends up with a Evans/Berahino/Rondon situation where nobody seems to be interested unless we sell them for nothing or loan them. I guarantee if he was at someone like Watford, Norwich or Bournemouth they'd be turning down £25-30m bids.

It is the 2nd of August. Like clockwork serious transfer business gets done in the last couple of weeks of the transfer window. Yet somehow each summer Albion fans can't get their head around it.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2466 on: August 02, 2021, 10:50:12 PM »
Same journalist has followed up saying they have offered €20 million in two instalments. I think we’d probably accept that now tbh

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2467 on: August 02, 2021, 10:50:35 PM »
Same journalist has followed up saying they have offered €20 million in two instalments. I think we’d probably accept that now tbh

Yeah right, Ken isn't insane.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2468 on: August 02, 2021, 10:51:10 PM »
This is turning into the exact type of situation that we didn’t want

But sadly, the situation many correctly predicted would happen months ago. It doesn't matter if there was no evidence he would want to leave as some said, for some reason, it happens at this football club EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Youth players, senior players, something about the club's situation seems to make us ripe for acrimonious exits. This is the true "Albion way".

Liverpool are now rumoured to have joined the race, which for me I see as code for the fact clubs have realised there is a bargain to be had. Get ready for £20m being the knock down price. Thoroughly depressing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:53:09 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2469 on: August 02, 2021, 10:53:04 PM »
But sadly, the situation many correctly predicted would happen months ago. It doesn't matter if there was no evidence he would want to leave as some said, for some reason, it happens at this football club EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Youth players, senior players, something about the clubs situation seems to make us ripe for acrimonious exits. This is the true "Albion way".

Liverpool are now rumoured to have joined the race, which for me I see as code for the fact clubs have realised there is a bargain to be had. Get ready for £20m being the knock down price. Thoroughly depressing.

It's hardly the end of the world for a player preferring to move away to sit out first team action in pre-season. Nothing has happened - unless you are talking about fans on a forum having a meltdown.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2470 on: August 02, 2021, 10:53:59 PM »

Youth players, senior players, something about the clubs situation seems to make us ripe for acrimonious exits. This is the true "Albion way".

You wouldn't begrudge him a move to Liverpool though, that's a serious football club who will pay (close to) the going rate.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2471 on: August 02, 2021, 10:55:28 PM »
You wouldn't begrudge him a move to Liverpool though, that's a serious football club who will pay (close to) the going rate.
If its true that Liverpool have entered the race, that should only drive up his price.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:58:27 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2472 on: August 02, 2021, 10:56:02 PM »
Just a really annoying situation all-round. The guy walks into pretty much any team in the world, bar Champions League last 16 level, yet the only team who appear to be seriously interested is a bunch of part-timers from Saudi Arabia.

Why is it always the case with us? Just seems to go wrong every time we have a player worth a decent amount. Always ends up with a Evans/Berahino/Rondon situation where nobody seems to be interested unless we sell them for nothing or loan them. I guarantee if he was at someone like Watford, Norwich or Bournemouth they'd be turning down £25-30m bids.

Agree entirely.  The WBA board have completely failed.  Absolutely no communication at all.  WBA fans in the dark as to whether there is a cheap release clause in his contract?
If no, then we should have stated a price tag of at least £50m after the Buendia singing. 

We will lose him for a rock bottom price at the end of August.  Bilic had Orsic and other quality signings lined up that would've safeguarded Premier League Safety.  Instead we put faith in Sawyers, Livermore, Austin, HRK, Grant etc.

£100m Premier League + £50m Pereira transfer value = £150m lost over 1 season.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2473 on: August 02, 2021, 10:56:50 PM »

Exactly, so if Liverpool and/or others want to bid £40m we can talk with them sensibly. Note that Spurs, Villa, Southampton will also have deep pockets if and when any of them sell Kane, Grealish, Ward-Prowse / Ings and clubs like West Ham are sniffing around. I also wouldn't rule Arsenal & Chelsea out of the equation. All of this will play out over the next month.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2474 on: August 02, 2021, 11:01:31 PM »
It is the 2nd of August. Like clockwork serious transfer business gets done in the last couple of weeks of the transfer window. Yet somehow each summer Albion fans can't get their head around it.

I'm well-aware how the transfer window works thanks. He's openly available and likely for less than £30m, both the head coach and the player are openly trying to push through a move, and there's clearly no club biting. The guy is easily a £35-40m player going off other transfer fees.

If this was a case where we were doing everything we could to keep him and slapping a £50m price tag on him then obviously it would drag on until the end of the window. But we're practically begging clubs to make an offer.