Author Topic: Stan Collymore  (Read 12587 times)

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

Stan Collymore
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »
Why doesn't this bloke just f**k off

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-bromwich-albion-stan-collymore-7320308?

Outspoken former Aston Villa striker Stan Collymore has blasted the England selection of West Brom keeper Ben Foster and stated that the goalkeeper hasn't earned his place in the side.

Cannock born Collymore tweeted his controversial view whilst commentating on the England v Costa Rica game for talkSPORT.

He claimed third choice keeper Fraser Forster should have started the game;
Collymore when questioned by tweeters furthered his argument by saying: "1, Forster is better, 2 Foster turned his back on Eng ,3 point 2 means no way back for me. You turn it down, its for good.

"John Ruddy joined us on talkSPORT. He was GUTTED, he also has a young family. We NEED more players who WANT to play, not when SUITS THEM.

Foster called time on his international career in 2011, citing personal reasons.

He claimed at the time that he wanted to spend more time with his family and that niggling injuries would flare up.

The goalkeeper's children are now growing up and his injury issues have improved since double hernia surgery.

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

Re: Stan Collymore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 09:14:58 PM »
Ignore him. Anyone remotely civilised does!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »
Yeah and there's about four tweets he deleted too. Brought CL into his rants so not surprised there's an article about it.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »
Why anyone would value the opinion of this sub-human is beyond me.

Woman beater, still employed by the media world? He should be ostracised by the professional world and should not even be in the public eye at all.

I think any dubious characters - and Suarez is a clear contender tonight - in the public eye should get pulled down a few pegs. I'm so glad for instance we never entertained the likes of bloody Barton.

Plus, ha ha ha ha how wrong was he? Our only clean sheet of the cup.

Well done Fozzie. 20 times the man Collymore could ever hope to be. backside.

Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:56 PM »

Woman beater, still employed by the media world? He should be ostracised by the professional world and should not even be in the public eye at all.

Can someone explain to me why Ron Atkinson making a racist comment is not accepted to the point where he is no longer working in the media yet it seems being a woman beater is an acceptable "offence" and the media clearly don't mind associating with and employing that sort of creature?

It stinks, frankly.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:28:54 PM by Atomic »

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:29:11 PM »

Yep. Ron Atkinson making a racist comment is not accepted to the point where he is no longer working in the media yet it seems being a woman beater is an acceptable "offence" and the media clearly don't mind asociating with and employing that sort of creature.

It stinks, frankly.

Very good point.
(Would be bad timing for me to say I still like Big Ron...!!!)  :-[
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 09:32:08 PM »

(Would be bad timing for me to say I still like Big Ron...!!!)  :-[

He should've won something with the late 70's / early 80's teams he had ................ but i guess that's another issue.  ;)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 09:33:24 PM »
Poor loves at a loose end until the dark nights come then he go back to flogging his bishop on the local car parks
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
This guy is employed because he says idiotic rubbish like this!
It's only to provoke reaction good or bad!
Best thing to do is ignore the tool!
 :)

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 09:39:31 PM »
Is this the same Collydogger that said we should have taken John Terry after he effectively retired from internationals!!??
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 11:05:38 PM »
Ignore him. Anyone remotely civilised does!

Completely agree - a decent footballer, albeit sporadic but nothing more. Anyone with an ounce of sense would dismiss this prats' comments out of hand. A man that the vast majority of fathers hope their sons' never become. Do one. 

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 11:50:54 PM »

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 11:54:49 PM »
We Got A Tune Goin LOl. Lets Do The COLLYMORE...
Ya slap her once...ya slap her twice....ya pull her by the hair and ya think its ****** nice...ya do the Collymore and ya pay the ****** price...thats how you beat your wife...Collymores a tosser...Collymores a tosser...Collymores a tosser....knees bent..arms streached...SLAP SLAP SLAP....

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 01:30:55 AM »
Completely agree - a decent footballer, albeit sporadic but nothing more. Anyone with an ounce of sense would dismiss this prats' comments out of hand. A man that the vast majority of fathers hope their sons' never become. Do one.
Rather stupidly I bought his book on my kindle ( it was cheap ) to see if I could understand him a bit more. Far from it as he comes across a sad miss guided soul who blames all his woes on his illness and other people. He believes he is always the victim but to me has very few redeeming habits . He soldo shows a total disrespect to all women not just Ulrica.
A very sad case IMOP
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 06:56:34 AM »
Seriously, why bother getting excited about what he says? We all know that if Foster played for Villa he would be saying entirely the opposite.

The man is a self serving, self publicist who represents everything that is worst about the sensationalist gutter journalism that Talksport revels in.

Absolute and utter tart.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

QRHcooper

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 07:17:40 AM »
If it helps, he has also alienated many Forces Veterans recently when last month he made an of the cuff callous remark about the Falklands, on Falklands Remembrance Day of all day!!!
Needless to say in making enemy's of our fraternal family he has made a very, very bad mistake!
British by Birth English By the Grace of God

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 08:17:39 AM »
If it helps, he has also alienated many Forces Veterans recently when last month he made an of the cuff callous remark about the Falklands, on Falklands Remembrance Day of all day!!!
Needless to say in making enemy's of our fraternal family he has made a very, very bad mistake!

What did the twot say mate?
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 08:37:24 AM »
What did the twot say mate?

Went on a rant about fascism funding Real Madrid, which then went onto Celtic for some reason. Then be started talking about how Ireland and Scotland should have independence and even posted some Irish including the word freedom if I remember correctly. Then that turned into him saying he wasn't British but English and that England's empire was made by taking whatever we wanted whenever we wanted which set him off on a huge rant about how the Falklands weren't British and we ruthlessly stole it. Then when confronted by a few veterans he made some blasé remarks about how the armed forces shouldn't have got involved with our empirical agenda. Followed that up with saying he'd remove the Union flag from his Cannock branded St Georges flag.

Then claimed every Rangers fan, Falklander and Veterans families he'd wound up were out of order and he'd call the police for being harassed. Then deleted his most provocative tweets so he looked more innocent.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:40:51 AM by PsalmXXIII »

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 08:38:55 AM »
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:40:28 AM by dont ask me to choose luv »
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 10:53:42 AM »
Why doesn't this bloke just f**k off

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-bromwich-albion-stan-collymore-7320308?

Outspoken former Aston Villa striker Stan Collymore has blasted the England selection of West Brom keeper Ben Foster and stated that the goalkeeper hasn't earned his place in the side.

Cannock born Collymore tweeted his controversial view whilst commentating on the England v Costa Rica game for talkSPORT.

He claimed third choice keeper Fraser Forster should have started the game;
Collymore when questioned by tweeters furthered his argument by saying: "1, Forster is better, 2 Foster turned his back on Eng ,3 point 2 means no way back for me. You turn it down, its for good.

"John Ruddy joined us on talkSPORT. He was GUTTED, he also has a young family. We NEED more players who WANT to play, not when SUITS THEM.

Foster called time on his international career in 2011, citing personal reasons.

He claimed at the time that he wanted to spend more time with his family and that niggling injuries would flare up.

The goalkeeper's children are now growing up and his injury issues have improved since double hernia surgery.

It's just his opinion. No problem. I don't agree with what he says but who cares what he thinks.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 12:28:27 PM »

It's just his opinion. No problem. I don't agree with what he says but who cares what he thinks.

I agree to an extent, rating others higher is fine but the hypocrisy of a man who is always preaching about second chances when it suits him but saying Foster shouldn't get one for England is ridiculous.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 01:00:04 PM »
Let's end this topic. I am sure that the woman basher will be reading these comments and they will only make his head bigger than it is already - even though most are criticising him. We all know what a prat he is. :(

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »
Let's end this topic. I am sure that the woman basher will be reading these comments and they will only make his head bigger than it is already - even though most are criticising him. We all know what a prat he is. :(

Agree the blokes a di*k .

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 01:20:18 PM »
He's just a WUM who gets off on making other people react.

Just ignore the little bitch.