Author Topic: Stan Collymore  (Read 12588 times)

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Re: Stan Collymore
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 12:07:29 PM »
The bloke is a complete knob . With his track record of behaviour why do people employ him .

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »
Simple case of mistaken identity, charliemike....

They thought they were employing cheeky 70's comedian Stan Boardman....

And in a way, they were.

Well done Auntie Beeb for yet another inspired bit of recruitment.   :P
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 12:46:08 PM »
I think the bloke is detestable . His track record towards women is appalling and has well he follows the vile . Another reason to beat em twice . Hey why not .

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 12:51:04 PM »
I think he is epitomised by his Twitter activity, he has an annoying knack of putting out abusive comments regarding the Albion and then deleting them, just leaving the replied abuse- then has the audacity to come out with the whole 'woe is me' rubbish.

He has to be one of the most egocentric, detestable, biased national pundits going.

I hasten to add I have never abused him on Twitter!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2015, 01:03:17 PM »
Agreed totally - to both of the above.

Now to the tune of the 1979 Gerard Kenny 'New York' song.....

'Villa, Villa, So **** we beat em twice!'

(Better do it now)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »
He only has himself to blame for the way he uses twitter. He's a complete hypocrite that hides behind mental health issues to try and excuse the unacceptable things he's done in the past and that makes me sick, he is a truly detestable human being.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »
Quote from his Twitter account today:-

"Disgusted by the lack of support from journalists, broadcasters and pros, current and ex. The threats, slurs, racism is there for all."

Of course Stan is right about everything all of the time as demonstrated by the support of journalists, broadcasters and pros, current and ex.

I really do dislike this hypocritical individual with an intensity, but over the years I  have learnt to sit back, wait and then watch guys like him "crash and burn" (metaphorically speaking of course) and take great satisfaction from it.
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »
One of my biggest problems with Collymore is he has this desire to be treated like a serious journalist, yet comes out with tweets like "bring on the tatars at Villa Park" and "Oh dear, Project Sandwell isn't looking too attractive, Up The Villa."

Can't stop him supporting a team, most of the journalists I follow on twitter make it fairly obvious who they support without ever resorting to the rubbish Collymore comes out with on a regular basis.

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 07:54:54 PM »
BT should arrange a leaving do for him in Glasgow :)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2015, 12:26:57 AM »

Can someone explain to me why Ron Atkinson making a racist comment is not accepted to the point where he is no longer working in the media yet it seems being a woman beater is an acceptable "offence" and the media clearly don't mind associating with and employing that sort of creature?

It stinks, frankly.

For a sexist reason = the powers that be simply don't see domestic abuse as something worth making a stand against, whereas everyone and their dog complains about racism, and therefore companies are always interested in following/promoting the beliefs of the majority in order to make themselves look good.

I actually think if he did something like that in current society, he would be sacked.

Ah well, even more reason to want to beat them now.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2015, 12:44:24 AM »
I think he's a mixture of being really thick and also, genuinely deluded to an extent.
For instance, he was on twitter saying that Gasgoine was a wife-beater who had mental health issues and that he should not have been on BT Sport because of this.
Literally, within a few hours he was saying that it was unfair of twitter followers to make slurs about his own mental health, and there are lots of allegations about his own domestic abuse.

My point is, he could not see the irony/hypocrisy in his words...it's like me saying how much I hate the Wolves, and then getting upset moments later when a Wolves fan says he hates the Albion, and for me to then go one further and say they're being bullying. I think Talksport is his platform, who will employ just about anyone for ratings, but his TV career is dead.

BaggiesFacts

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2015, 06:34:29 AM »
He's no less than an embarrassment. His comments about Foster in the summer were laughable and his constant attempts to rile Albion fans with childish tweets about us all being 'tatters' is fine if you're an average fella from Aston, but represnting national broadcast companies, you'd think he'd know better.

Shocks me that Talk Sport put up with all the nonsense that comes out of his mouth and appears on his Twitter feed.

Also quite funny is the number of people he blocks on the Twitter who try to have any kind of debate with him. He can't be told he's wrong or even listen to others views. Then you have all that Falklands nonsense He's a big child if you ask me, give me Joey Barton any day over this donut!

I hope we stuff Villa in the upcoming games, yes because I'm Albion and not too fond of them, but it'd be nice to see what Collymore would have to say about it.
WBAFC - 1878

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2015, 07:28:56 AM »
He'd probably cry.  :'( Live on air.  :) During his phone-in.  :D For a whole week. :P
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2015, 11:10:22 AM »
Unfortunately the Rangers fans were thick as pig s*** last night and validated his twitter rants by getting stuck into the sectarian chanting.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 04:46:52 PM »
On air now. He is trying his hardest to try and convince us that Everton down are officially in a relegation scrap!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
He's a woman beating lowlife and he knows it. He can get as sanctimonious as he likes he can't take those punches back.
Shame on Talksport for giving him a platform and if he is the voice of Villa and Bomber is the voice of WBA then that says everything you need to know, not just about the clubs but about the men. Couldn't lace his boots.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 05:07:50 PM »
Whilst I find him abhorrent and personally think it will be three out of the current bottom four, he probably isn't far wrong. Undoubtedly someone will go on a bad run between now and the end of the season and six points has been overturned in previous seasons.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 05:09:06 PM »
He's a woman beating lowlife and he knows it. He can get as sanctimonious as he likes he can't take those punches back.
Shame on Talksport for giving him a platform and if he is the voice of Villa and Bomber is the voice of WBA then that says everything you need to know, not just about the clubs but about the men. Couldn't lace his boots.

What are your thoughts on Paul Gascoigne? Geoff Boycott? Just out of interest.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 05:16:58 PM »
What are your thoughts on Paul Gascoigne? Geoff Boycott? Just out of interest.
They are no heroes of mine, Gascoigne is a sad excuse for a human being and Boycott is an embarrassing dinosaur.
As sportsmen they were both genius, as men, I would not give them a minute.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »
They are no heroes of mine, Gascoigne is a sad excuse for a human being and Boycott is an embarrassing dinosaur.
As sportsmen they were both genius, as men, I would not give them a minute.

Fair enough, just noticed a lot of people use the Ulrika incident against Collymore.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 11:46:31 PM »
I strongly suggest that anybody reading this gets onto twitter right now and check out the "debate" between Karl Henry and Stan Collymore. Unfortunately Stan has been going through his tweets deleting the ones that make him sound like a self-serving prick but you still get the idea. He also pretty much threatens Rio Ferdinand and Karl Henry for the next time he's at Loftus Road. He doesn't deserve to be on the airwaves when proper journalists could be.
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2015, 01:32:16 AM »
I don't know why people bother to let themselves get wound up by Collymore, he's just an attention seeker who's job requires him to be controversial. He's just one of those Katie Hopkins type who remain famous for the negative attention they seek. Unpleasant person for sure, but if people just ignored him his career would fade away soon enough.

Obviously that won't happen, but Talksport thrive on that kind of manufactured controversy.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2015, 10:29:11 AM »
Karl Henry really did 'put him in his place', I found the tweet to Rio and Karl Henry basically 'offering them out' next time hes at Loftus Road to be proper cringeworthy.

I think he knew he was on to a losing battle when he started deleting his tweets.

Anyone who also fancies a laugh, go onto Leon Knights twitter and have a scroll through all the screenshots of the people Collymore has blocked and the reasons why, theres some funny ones in there.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2015, 03:34:47 PM »
Collymore has always been the same with his use of twitter, as soon as he makes himself look bad he starts deleting his tweets but leaving those that reply to him making them look the abusive ones. He gives people with genuine depression a really bad name in my opinion, always just an excuse to cover his poor behaviour.