Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1753967 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #675 on: June 16, 2014, 08:07:36 AM »
The only thing i disagree with from Albion fans on this board is that there is a positive in all this, We will be playing our real rivals in a year and will get to face off against the wolves something i have missed being in the top flight.

They might get promoted and Vila are our real rivals :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #676 on: June 16, 2014, 08:09:20 AM »
Hi guys. I'm a Toffee in peace, and certainly no WUM. I wanted to know the consensus of your opinions re AI. I've always had a soft spot for Albion and I was pretty surprised to learn of this appointment. Having chatted to fellow Blues, we're of a similar puzzled outlook. Seems like most think he's a great coach and has worked wonders with everyone from the first team (under early Moyes) down to the Academy more recently. However his managerial stints have been less than convincing. I really hope it works out for you and good luck for the coming season.

Hello Friend.I am devestated.The lowest i have felt in years supporting the Albion.This man might be an ok coach but look at his managerial record.Its a big worry.I understand the man cant motivate either

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #677 on: June 16, 2014, 08:11:32 AM »

Hello Friend.I am devestated.The lowest i have felt in years supporting the Albion.This man might be an ok coach but look at his managerial record.Its a big worry.I understand the man cant motivate either

Are you sure Irvine is even going to be the head coach ? Im not i think theres only going to be one man who will be having the biggest influence on the dressing room.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #678 on: June 16, 2014, 08:12:50 AM »
two days on and I still dont believe what the accountant has done to our club  >:(
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #679 on: June 16, 2014, 08:21:26 AM »
Albion are 5/2 to be relegated, BUYING MONEY LUMP ON!  ;)
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #680 on: June 16, 2014, 08:27:27 AM »
Are you sure Irvine is even going to be the head coach ? Im not i think theres only going to be one man who will be having the biggest influence on the dressing room.

Who will that one man be

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #681 on: June 16, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »
Please no, the anger directed to Kean was embarrassing. Peace and the board are game on as far as I'm concerned but Irvine as much as I hate this appointment and I really f****** hate it, must be given time to fail. We are better then that, aren't we?

How oxymoronic. How about give him time to produce whatever results he gets.

Some of the bile spouted on here is worse than the appointment. I'm not happy with it but wishing the club gets relegated to shock though powers at be is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Villa did this to McLeish and he couldn't have won that lot over even if results were good.

The person who wrote to the Everton academy email, I'm sorry mate but that's bang out of order. You're making this club and it's fans look pathetic. I appreciate people are angry and I appreciate you want to vent and be angry and shout and stamp your feet. But wishing we lose games and get relegated and writing emails to future employees (or more than likely someone else who reads the email, decides you and by association the rest of the clubs fans are an ar*ehole and then delete it) is counter productive. I appreciate you're angry at the club but Irivine is not to blame. The fact people WANT him to fail is disgusting - why not direct that passion at WANTING him and THE CLUB to do well. At the end of the day if results are good it doesn't matter if Mpuronho, Irvine or Doris the tea lady are at the helm. Unless you actively hate him personally, Irvine hasn't done anything wrong yet.

If you're there sitting behind your keyboards thinking 'I hope we go down because this chairman is ruining my club' I hope you realise how idiotic that view is. You should want the best for the club. I'm not putting a positive spin on things I think the appointment is bad, but the reason I feel that was is because I want the BEST for the club. And because I want the best for the club I would never want us to fail.

If you're protesting I hope you realise that come the end of the season, if he's stayed in his job and done well, you realise just how much of a berk you are to protest BEFORE things have gone wrong. It's the sheer Villa-esque support of this club that makes me want this to work out - so I can at least thank the angry locals for focusing my anger on positivity.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:07:07 AM by PsalmXXIII »

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #682 on: June 16, 2014, 09:22:50 AM »
I'm finding the blind optimists far more irritating than the Dingles and Villa fans taking the p*ss out of us. Please stop kidding yourselves that this shambolic appointment could actually work. It doesn't make you any more of a fan than the rest of us by not criticising the decision so get off your high horses and accept the fact that Peace and the board have completely messed this up yet again.

Some of the people running this club and the dressing room are pure toxic. As a season ticket holder since the age of 7 and an away season ticket holder I have absolutely no shame in saying that if it takes going down to get rid of Peace, Jenkins, Garlick, Irvine, Kelly, Downing and Kiely then I'd happily accept it.

Seriously, someone please explain to me how, in any way, this appointment could actually work?! Look at his record for gods sake. Absolutely embarrassing. I'd rather have Dave Jones and that's saying something.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:36:53 AM by Lloydy »
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #683 on: June 16, 2014, 10:07:23 AM »
What I find really annoying is that the bald one and the board fully expected to get a backlash over this appointment and thought they could hoodwink us by making an announcement on Saturday tea time just before England play their opening World Cup game.
What a bunch of to$$ers
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #684 on: June 16, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »
I agree with Lloydy - the worst possible thing that could happen now is for us to accept the decision and return to our apathetic nature of 'what will be will be'.

We need to keep up the pressure on the board.

Irvine is just an unfortunate pawn in this mess.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

row ww

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #685 on: June 16, 2014, 10:19:56 AM »
The "honeymoon period" didn't last long,did it?

Ste1987

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #686 on: June 16, 2014, 10:20:03 AM »
I agree with Lloydy - the worst possible thing that could happen now is for us to accept the decision and return to our apathetic nature of 'what will be will be'.

Albion supporters have always been deemed loyal & patient.

I think JP has crossed the line this time; only so much people can take.

Particularly after saying 'lessons have been learnt'.....desperate.

djmark

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #687 on: June 16, 2014, 10:20:36 AM »
I'm just flabbergasted with all of this... Just look at our coaches along with Burton - all of them from past era's with not a jot of notable success between them.

Burton - everybody in the game has nothing but praise for him apparently, yet was completely overlooked overlooked at Arsenal when Brady left - Wenger brought in a Dutch man.

Irvine - everybody in the game has nothing but praise for him apparently - Martinez and Moyes are his biggest fans.... Didn't see him with Moyes at Utd and no where near Martinez's first team staff. I don't know how many managers accross the divisions have been replaced in the last 3 years - but sure as dammit he's been no where near a job since his debacles with Preston and Sheff Wed.

Downing & Kiely - ok, managed to just about drag us out of relegation after the Mel disaster but we were still shockingly bad and was down to more luck than judgement in my eyes. The "players" friends, oh how training much have been a really good laugh for all involved.

I really thought the club would look to the future with this appointment - someone from the modern era. I wasn't Sherwoods biggest fan, but he's young with modern ideas and contacts in the game - a passionate man who would demand that extra mile from the players and not be scared the speak his mind. Imagine big Les Ferdinand walking on to the training pitch - players having a guy who's played at the top end of the prem stood in front of them or alternatively Rob Kelly. I'd like to think after 35+ years watching football, i know who he is - but the truth is I've never ever heard of the man!

I just can't bring myself to even look on the bright side or see how this appointment can be nothing short of a disaster.

I generally hope i'm wrong though and of course i'll be down the Albion on a saturday again - its what i've done for as long as i can remember. I can honestly say though, its the first time in my life i have actually considered stepping out, giving it up - but i've come through a good few many "staring into the abyss" moments in the past
so i guess i'm stuck with it.

I live in hope!

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #688 on: June 16, 2014, 10:21:21 AM »
I'm finding the blind optimists far more irritating than the Dingles and Villa fans taking the p*ss out of us. Please stop kidding yourselves that this shambolic appointment could actually work. It doesn't make you any more of a fan than the rest of us by not criticising the decision so get off your high horses and accept the fact that Peace and the board have completely messed this up yet again.

Some of the people running this club and the dressing room are pure toxic. As a season ticket holder since the age of 7 and an away season ticket holder I have absolutely no shame in saying that if it takes going down to get rid of Peace, Jenkins, Garlick, Irvine, Kelly, Downing and Kiely then I'd happily accept it.

Seriously, someone please explain to me how, in any way, this appointment could actually work?! Look at his record for gods sake. Absolutely embarrassing. I'd rather have Dave Jones and that's saying something.

You mention high horses and then state you're a home and away season ticket holder, seriously? ???

You would accept going down to get rid of some people? Thats what Wolves fans said so would you swap positions with them now?

I am annoyed with the appointment and seriously underwhelmed but I just cannot see how wishing failure upon the club has any form of positive impact whatsoever.

blue

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #689 on: June 16, 2014, 10:21:33 AM »

Spot on.
The time is now to show how we feel with this absolute dire football appointment.
If we just allow this now while peace is after more control , more decisions like this absolute joke appointment will be made.
He is just surrounding himself with yes men and making himself very wealthy at the expense of trying to move the club on. How hard is he trying to get some investment in and take us to the next stage.

neoblue

• Newcomer

« Reply #690 on: June 16, 2014, 10:24:36 AM »
Hi mate, welcome to the board! Seems a lot of Evertonians have soft spots WBA and I for one quite like Everton too, possibly aided by my mega dislike of Liverpool!

Can you shed any light on Irvine for us? Is he seen as responsible for bringing through and developing the strong youth breaking through at Everton. What positives can we take?
D

Well, when AI left to manage Preston, there was a distinct change in Everton's playing style. It seemed that Moyes became far more fearful in his approach and the way he set up his teams was definitely different. AI was attributed to be an attacking coach who was behind much of the good attacking play in the mid-Moyes era. Regarding the youth set-up, he was certainly well respected for doing a good job, in fact he was the only ex-player who had been an attacker, amongst Moyes' coaching staff who were all ex-defenders! Apparently Roberto Martinez thought highly of him, as he took on board and implemented RM's ideas quickly and had the youth team playing some great stuff this last season.
If he can blend the pragmatism of Moyes with the tactical awareness of Martinez - you'll have some manager! However that's a BIG IF!!

Good luck!

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #691 on: June 16, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »
We should be more anoyed about missing out on one of Sherwoods coaching staff  - Ramsey.

I work with an ex - professional who mixes a lot with British coaches and says that Ramsey is an 'Unbelievable' coach. He was genuinely excited for us when he though Ramsey was going to be working with some of our players.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #692 on: June 16, 2014, 10:27:23 AM »
You mention high horses and then state you're a home and away season ticket holder, seriously? ???

You would accept going down to get rid of some people? Thats what Wolves fans said so would you swap positions with them now?

I am annoyed with the appointment and seriously underwhelmed but I just cannot see how wishing failure upon the club has any form of positive impact whatsoever.

Wolves are on the up, with a young hungry squad and a manager who knows what he's doing. I'd happily swap places, and it hurts me to say that.

I fail to see how becoming a bubble-headed optimist, vomiting sunshine and blindly hoping that "everything will turn out ok" is going to have any kind of positive impact in the long term.

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #693 on: June 16, 2014, 10:34:43 AM »
I am nearly 70 years old and the appointment of this kind can only enhance a peaceful retirement as I don't intend to give a toss about a club with absolutely no ambition whatsoever.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #694 on: June 16, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »
Wolves are on the up, with a young hungry squad and a manager who knows what he's doing. I'd happily swap places, and it hurts me to say that.

I fail to see how becoming a bubble-headed optimist, vomiting sunshine and blindly hoping that "everything will turn out ok" is going to have any kind of positive impact in the long term.

Ok can't say I agree about Wolves...

There is no longer anything long term about football especially for a club of our standing who get taken the p*** out of with youth players been poached along with managers (Roy) and Sporting Directors (Ashworth).

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #695 on: June 16, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »

Why do you feel the need to insult fans who have a different opinion to yours?

Maybe stamping your feet & waving your arms around helps you get your own way in your life but I have a alternative view to you & no amount of ranting will change that, be angry by all means if thats what gets you through but don't slag off members who express the opposite to you.

FTR I'm not a 'blind optimist', just a realist & I've never been on a horse, let alone a high one. 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #696 on: June 16, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »
I've been thinking that maybe AI's appointment was a way to give Downing the job, by deflecting the heat away from him? Running things from the shadows, so to speak.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #697 on: June 16, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »
Ok can't say I agree about Wolves...

There is no longer anything long term about football especially for a club of our standing who get taken the p*** out of with youth players been poached along with managers (Roy) and Sporting Directors (Ashworth)..

So does that mean we should just sit back and accept any old garbage that we're served with?

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #698 on: June 16, 2014, 10:39:25 AM »
Why do you feel the need to insult fans who have a different opinion to yours?

Maybe stamping your feet & waving your arms around helps you get your own way in your life but I have a alternative view to you & no amount of ranting will change that, be angry by all means if thats what gets you through but don't slag off members who express the opposite to you.

FTR I'm not a 'blind optimist', just a realist & I've never been on a horse, let alone a high one.

Do what you want mate. Look forward to seeing you start off the Mexican waves when we're relegated.

Ste1987

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #699 on: June 16, 2014, 10:39:36 AM »
I've been thinking that maybe AI's appointment was a way to give Downing the job, by deflecting the heat away from him? Running things from the shadows, so to speak.

It didn't work, obviously....

The apparent love-in towards Downing and Kiely is just a total farce.

Tim Sherwood told you how thought of they are in as many words earlier today.

They're clueless.