Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1745320 times)

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2014, 10:42:38 PM »

Many thanks for your views.

If it fails then we will have every right to moan and groan, but until then I can't really see the problem.

Talk about an over reaction.

Like I said.......it's only an opinion.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2014, 10:43:33 PM »
Great point , i think Irvine , JP and Burton should be given a chance first.......if it fails fair enough protest to high heaven then.
No why on earth should we.

This is an appointment too far, and it I u fans that need some respect, and something Irvine must earn.

Sorry but I just can't get my head around this appointment.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »
Great point , i think Irvine , JP and Burton should be given a chance first.......if it fails fair enough protest to high heaven then.
. A chance my bottom. Not a chance I hell.  good bye this site I retire and I will be askingjfor my money back o Monday I won't swear but that's how  I feel . Mods please close my account
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2014, 10:44:31 PM »
Hear, hear

It's getting a bit silly on here now with people threatening this that and the other.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »
Treating us fans to another year of Premier League football at some of the cheapest prices in the Premier League. Who knows whether Irvine will be successful here but he at least needs to be given a chance now that he has been appointed.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2014, 10:46:55 PM »
The club has gone from strength to strength under JP. I'm prepared to give this decision the benefit of the doubt. But we need a string of good signings and a solid start to the season.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »

This is an appointment too far, and it I u fans that need some respect, and something Irvine must earn.

Sorry but I just can't get my head around this appointment.
So booing from the first day of Irvine being in charge will help will it ? , he has been bought in for reasons JP and Burton believe in.....as i say if it doesn't work out fair enough but i will give it a fair chance.
Lets see if some of our players improve (Mulumbu for one) under Irvine and his alledged coaching talent.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2014, 10:48:06 PM »

Because they expect us all to be good little boys and girls and just wear it. Have our moan and then calm down and let the club get on with it like we usually do.

That way they can do what they like and treat the fans like mugs.

sie_davo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2014, 10:48:16 PM »
I live in Cheshire now and my 6 year old lad loves footy, but doesn't 'support' anyone yet.  Naturally I've bought him albion shirts and taken him to a couple of games (Wigan 2-3, Fulham 1-1 and a pre-season friendly) to try to subtlely persuade him to pledge his allegiances to us. Naturally round here his mates follow the big clubs and he's leaned more towards City because of this, but he always talks of 'we', 'us' and 'the Albion' when we chat about our matches.

Tonight it broke my heart to tell him not to bother supporting us. Our club is a shambles, and in an era when money now dominates the game, I find it sickeningly ironic our chairman persists in showing a permanent lack of ambition, or indeed class.

I feel for Irvine because he will face the ire of fans when he should not be in this position. There are better candidates out there - but they will cost money (high wages/compensation) to bring in but Mr Peace will hide behind his minions within their various departments who spout propaganda and spin while his 'customers' have to put up with this farce.

I hope I'm wrong about Irvine, as I'm sure we all do, and we have a season to be proud of, but a coach who has not even been touted as a candidate to any job throughout the chopping and changing of all clubs over three years? Get real messers Burton and Peace.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2014, 10:49:33 PM »
How are we going to attract better quality players with Irvine as head coach.
We could have gone for Jol, Or Zola, coaches with premier league experience who could attract the players we need to improve the squad.
I really think that Peace almost does things like this on purpose to prove that he rules the club and sod what we want.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »
We could have gone for Jol, Or Zola, coaches with premier league experience who could attract the players we need to improve the squad.
I really think that Peace almost does things like this on purpose to prove that he rules the club and sod what we want.
Strangely the offer of premier league football will attract better players (and higher wages) or are you expecting us to be attracting the likes of Messi?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2014, 10:53:23 PM »
I tend to think the days of players being attracted to clubs by managers are going , money talks to be honest .

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2014, 10:53:32 PM »
Just a quick managerial summary:

- Took over at Preston whilst in relegation battle. Finishes 15th.
- Gets Preston into playoff on LAST day of the season due to other results. Loses playoff semi final.
- Season after goes on a run of 1 win in 10 and is sacked

- Joins Wednesday and they are relegated his first season in charge
- Sacked season after with Wednesday in 12th in League One

On what grounds does that make him ready to be a Premier League manager??

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2014, 10:53:46 PM »
Treating us fans to another year of Premier League football at some of the cheapest prices in the Premier League. Who knows whether Irvine will be successful here but he at least needs to be given a chance now that he has been appointed.

No complaints with how the club is being run then?
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »
Missing the point.
We should not be on a wing and a prayer.
As a club starting our fifth successive season in the top-flight we should be able to attract someone better.
The problem is that the structure of the club is now wrong.
It might have worked in the past but it is obviously now deterring anyone from joining us.
We need a 'manager', not a head coach.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2014, 10:54:26 PM »
I tend to think the days of players being attracted to clubs by managers are going , money talks to be honest .

Well if money talks we are b*ggered then!!  :P

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2014, 10:54:54 PM »

Money talks indeed!

As such we are flipped!
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »
No complaints with how the club is being run then?
In my supporting lifetime, which is about 30 odd years, we are in the best position we have ever been.  I did once think I would never see us play top flight football again.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2014, 10:57:13 PM »
Strangely the offer of premier league football will attract better players (and higher wages) or are you expecting us to be attracting the likes of Messi?

I am not expecting Messi but players I believe have to respect the head coach and they are more likely to respect a Zola than an unknown coach such as Irvine, did you know where he was working as a coach until today. I didn't

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2014, 10:58:16 PM »
Money talks indeed!

As such we are  .....!
Yet we still pulled in Lugano , Sinclair , Anelka , Morgan , Anichebe , Sess........not one of those would be cheap on wages or fees.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2014, 10:58:22 PM »
I'm Albion. Blue and white, or white and blue, through and through. Have been since before I was born, will be as long as my name is remembered. I love this club, good and bad, win or lose.

Good luck Alan, not my choice but the choice none the less. Do your best mate and I will support you. That is the contract, simple.

I'll be there next season. As will my kids. It's a family thing and always will be. They grew up in much worse times, with worse managers and far worse players. And still they believe.

My club, right or wrong. Our club, right or wrong.

Come on you Baggies.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:19:48 PM by Chipperfan »
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2014, 11:00:31 PM »
I get that some will offer a more balanced view, and be a little less irrational ...

But frankly I can't agree. Hate the appointment. Hate Peace, and slowly and surely falling out of love with the club. It's doing its best to undermine the faith and emotional investment of the fans and frankly I don't know if I can be arsed to give up so much of my time, effort and finances any more.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #372 on: June 14, 2014, 11:01:15 PM »
I am not expecting Messi but players I believe have to respect the head coach and they are more likely to respect a Zola than an unknown coach such as Irvine, did you know where he was working as a coach until today. I didn't
Roy Hodgson was drummed out of Liverpool because he didn't have the respect of the players or fans but worked out well for us and now is England coach. Give him a chance.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2014, 11:03:07 PM »
I think its time for JP to go. Its all well and good keeping finances level but he shows a lack of ambition and openly calls us a Championship team.
In this day of silly money he has kept us afloat but there is now a pattern of poor hiring decisions and even the most trusted supporter is losing faith. I have witnessed some poor choices over the last 30 years but what the heck is going on with this choice. Nothing against AI but we could easily do better and should have.
Please someone buy this club and remove JP.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #374 on: June 14, 2014, 11:04:58 PM »
Since Mel left I have logged on daily -indeed often several times daily - to every newspaper within 200 miles of the Hawthorn; I have religiously read fans' forums, social media sites etc awaiting for the Head Coach appointment we have all craved. Then at about 6.30pm  I interrupted my sunbathing to check if the coveted appointment had been made. It had, but I still cannot believe it is true. JP had told us he had learned from last year's disastrous mistakes. What a load of bull. He has conned fans into buying season tickets on the back of his broken promises. I have always been a JP fan. Not any more. He is just getting ready to line his already bulging pockets. I hope fans who own shares are not similarly conned into accepting his cut price offer.i fear the worst for next season.