Author Topic: Next West Brom Head Coach  (Read 374094 times)

royhan

• WBA Coach

Re: Next West Brom Head Coach
« Reply #2425 on: June 13, 2014, 03:58:33 PM »
I can't see the point in so-called ITK posters saying that they know who the second candidate is and then not stating who he is. I might just as well say that I know who he is but that I am not telling you. Pointless. >:(

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2426 on: June 13, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »
I can't see the point in so-called ITK posters saying that they know who the second candidate is and then not stating who he is. I might just as well say that I know who he is but that I am not telling you. Pointless. >:(

He didn't come here to say 'I know who it is but I'm not telling.' He merely confirmed that there's another candidate and that it's not some ploy by the club to force a deal.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2427 on: June 13, 2014, 04:02:43 PM »

Really though? What would be the point in him telling us the second candidate? It would only cause a meltdown anyway because either 1) people aren't impressed or 2) they are impressed and he didn't get the job.

He's confirming there is in fact a serious second candidate and thank god he has said no more than that...

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2428 on: June 13, 2014, 04:12:47 PM »
Said it all along.. Welcome to WBA Neil Lennon

Apparently he's in line to earn £30,000 a week tax free to manage in the UAE.

Compared to that, JP's standard offer of £250 a week, a flat in Carter's Green, use of the club Fiat Panda and an account at the local Happy Shopper convenience store doesn't seem so appealing.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2429 on: June 13, 2014, 04:14:34 PM »
Apparently he's in line to earn £30,000 a week tax free to manage in the UAE.

Compared to that, JP's standard offer of £250 a week, a flat in Carter's Green, use of the club Fiat Panda and an account at the local Happy Shopper convenience store doesn't seem so appealing.

I would snap your hands off for that deal
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2430 on: June 13, 2014, 04:15:14 PM »
Please can we not have debate about the ITK posters Baggies 79 has been kind enough to share something with us if anyone has heard anything please do feel free to post and members are free to make of it what they will. For what it is worth I would not be surprised at all if there is a second viable candidate waiting in the wings
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2431 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:38 PM »
My mates just told me that it's all over west brom fan zone that Ferdinand flew back from his holiday and both are at the training ground as we speak. I doubt it but you never know.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2432 on: June 13, 2014, 04:17:19 PM »
Am I the only one not really too concerned at the moment?

If our new head coach signs today or next week, surely the majority of the work will start toward the end of the world cup anyway?

Surely most of the scouts and planning would be done for new signings anyway?

I personally feel that Sherwood is the wrong man for this job however if we are taking our time to make sure it's right for all parties then surely this is a good thing?

It shows that all parties are not going into this blind and cannot accuse the other of not being down the line.

Last thing I want to happen is for us to have our hand forced by one thing or another, it needs to be right for the club.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2433 on: June 13, 2014, 04:26:04 PM »
I know im dreaming but Mancini would be a hell of coup...I couldn't see him coming though
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2434 on: June 13, 2014, 04:26:24 PM »

I would snap your hands off for that deal

I might be tempted, but the sticking point might be the Panda for me. And Keith Downing would have to move into the spare room. As Head Coach I would have to get the master bedroom (and also first choice on what we watch on telly). 

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2435 on: June 13, 2014, 04:27:32 PM »
I know im dreaming but Mancini would be a hell of coup...I couldn't see him coming though

Indeed it would, but I think there's more chance of us getting Henry Mancini with the Pink Panther as his number 2 than the great Roberto.

But you never know on this strangest of days... ;)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2436 on: June 13, 2014, 04:32:21 PM »
Am I the only one not really too concerned at the moment?

If our new head coach signs today or next week, surely the majority of the work will start toward the end of the world cup anyway?

Surely most of the scouts and planning would be done for new signings anyway?

I personally feel that Sherwood is the wrong man for this job however if we are taking our time to make sure it's right for all parties then surely this is a good thing?

It shows that all parties are not going into this blind and cannot accuse the other of not being down the line.

Last thing I want to happen is for us to have our hand forced by one thing or another, it needs to be right for the club.

I'm not, whatever the issues are they need to be ironed out at the beginning otherwise they will only come back to bite us on the backside at some point down the road. A day or two will not make the slightest bit of difference to what happens in the coming months. I am almost a complete coach agnostic in that I am not sure whoever we are ever likely to appoint will transform our prospects for good or bad.  If it is Sherwood fine if the mystery candidate also fine, probably.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2437 on: June 13, 2014, 04:36:17 PM »
Is Dave Jones working as a consultant to the board again with this appointment?
"This crack is really moreish."

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2438 on: June 13, 2014, 04:39:04 PM »
It is without doubt a complete and utter farce now, Peace said the other day he had learnt lessons, really what ones were those, how to totally **** off any coach before he gets appointed, all the fans, and the entire playing and non playing staff, this is now beyond a crisis.  :-\

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2439 on: June 13, 2014, 04:40:37 PM »
Just got back in from work to see who the new manager is. Oh, it's still going on. I assume if we have to turn to the second choice it will probably drag on into next week.

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2440 on: June 13, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »
Just got back in from work to see who the new manager is. Oh, it's still going on. I assume if we have to turn to the second choice it will probably drag on into next week.
No if we miss out we'll have to restart the process and do all of the due diligence, another 32 days.

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2441 on: June 13, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »

it better now i can't take another week of this its spoiling the world cup for me

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2442 on: June 13, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »
No if we miss out we'll have to restart the process and do all of the due diligence, another 32 days.

i,ll kill jp if it takes another 32 days lol  >:(

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2443 on: June 13, 2014, 04:43:41 PM »
Assume for a minute that we announce our new head coach next Friday.

Can those who are really upset with us 'dragging things out' explain the damage it will cause the club?

Because I really cannot understand what difference it makes if we appointed someone two weeks ago or next week. Given that a world cup is on and players arn't due back to pre season for a few weeks, I don't see what 'work' can be done in this time that isn't already going on.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2444 on: June 13, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »
You can just see it now can't you.

After Peace has just about inebriated off every decent coach available, we will end up with some poor unsuitable sole who will be expected to have us in the top ten on a shoestring, signing 30+ of age journeymen players or inexperienced loaness no one else wants, keeping the chuttle brothers (Downing & Keily) on.

Then come November he will get the sack.

JP then coming out and saying we will get it right this time, then taking until February to appoint another unknown, who can't sign anyone because JP didn't want to spend any money so he deliberately took until after the transfer window, and then he will be sacked because we will be close to being relegated or worse, relegated.

Sorry but it is now becoming a soap opera every season, where you know what's coming next.

Or maybe, we have got it all wrong, he appoints someone like Moyes and gives him money to spend, oops sorry got sunstroke then....

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2445 on: June 13, 2014, 04:51:14 PM »
Assume for a minute that we announce our new head coach next Friday.

Can those who are really upset with us 'dragging things out' explain the damage it will cause the club?

Because I really cannot understand what difference it makes if we appointed someone two weeks ago or next week. Given that a world cup is on and players arn't due back to pre season for a few weeks, I don't see what 'work' can be done in this time that isn't already going on.

The damage it does is it shows the club in a bad light and will make players think twice and not join a club that appears to be rudder less and just drifting along. We need an appointment soon just to steady the ship even at this time of year!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:58:07 PM by Standaman »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2446 on: June 13, 2014, 04:58:11 PM »
You can just see it now can't you.

After Peace has just about inebriated off every decent coach available, we will end up with some poor unsuitable sole who will be expected to have us in the top ten on a shoestring, signing 30+ of age journeymen players or inexperienced loaness no one else wants, keeping the chuttle brothers (Downing & Keily) on.

Then come November he will get the sack.

JP then coming out and saying we will get it right this time, then taking until February to appoint another unknown, who can't sign anyone because JP didn't want to spend any money so he deliberately took until after the transfer window, and then he will be sacked because we will be close to being relegated or worse, relegated.

Sorry but it is now becoming a soap opera every season, where you know what's coming next.Or maybe, we have got it all wrong, he appoints someone like Moyes and gives him money to spend, oops sorry got sunstroke then....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Its happened only one season

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2447 on: June 13, 2014, 05:11:14 PM »
I'm not, whatever the issues are they need to be ironed out at the beginning otherwise they will only come back to bite us on the backside at some point down the road. A day or two will not make the slightest bit of difference to what happens in the coming months. I am almost a complete coach agnostic in that I am not sure whoever we are ever likely to appoint will transform our prospects for good or bad.  If it is Sherwood fine if the mystery candidate also fine, probably.
but surely the head coach is THE most important person as far as running the 1st team goes and the appointment will inevitably affect the teams performance next season (granted it's difficult to say what the effect will be for a particular choice)
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2448 on: June 13, 2014, 05:15:26 PM »
Now confirmed that there will be no news today!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2449 on: June 13, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »
Steve Madeley has just said that no appointment will be made today. Maybe over the weekend though.