Author Topic: Next West Brom Head Coach  (Read 374100 times)

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

Re: Next West Brom Head Coach
« Reply #2300 on: June 12, 2014, 08:19:55 PM »
"To be announced within the next 48 hours"

"To be announced within the next 24 hours"

"No announcement today, hopefully tomorrow....."

Perhaps I missed the announcements but what club officials actually said these things and when?

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2301 on: June 12, 2014, 08:22:02 PM »
But why is everyone so convinced that he hasn't?! I don't recall any evidence at all either way, just days upon days of rumours.

Seems it's far easier to be negative than positive.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2302 on: June 12, 2014, 08:25:45 PM »
Perhaps I missed the announcements but what club officials actually said these things and when?

The people who are paid to report factual news.

The club wont comment as it's not in their nature to update supporters.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2303 on: June 12, 2014, 08:32:43 PM »

The club wont comment as it's not in their nature to update supporters.

But if there are no comments from the club, then how do we know it's factual news rather than speculation?

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2304 on: June 12, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »
I know CL is away on holiday but the other local journos who cover our Club can't be too highly thought of as they are not even fed scraps of info. They don't appear to be doing much digging either to find out exactly what is going on.

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2305 on: June 12, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »

Or should that be 'The people who are paid to sell newspapers or any old body who feels like it on Twitter' (or God forbid) even this forum!

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2306 on: June 12, 2014, 08:54:12 PM »

The Real Netherton Baggie
June 12, 2014 10:09 am

The year is 2050 and travel to the moon is as easy as going to Spain, the average car does 700 miles to the gallon,train time to London 5 minutes and Albion are still in talks with Tim Sherwood.

Oh,I almost forgot, in 2050, The Dingles went out of business 20 years ago.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2307 on: June 12, 2014, 09:00:06 PM »
My Downing senses are tingling  :o
the regime don't like it man

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2308 on: June 12, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
My Downing senses are tingling  :o

Downing senses? Are you trying to tell us that as a boy you were bitten by a radioactive Downing and since then have developed incredible Downing like powers?

Can you swing from building to building on a gossamer thread of goal netting? Do you shoot football cliches from up your sleeves?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2309 on: June 12, 2014, 09:21:21 PM »
Downing senses? Are you trying to tell us that as a boy you were bitten by a radioactive Downing and since then have developed incredible Downing like powers?

Can you swing from building to building on a gossamer thread of goal netting? Do you shoot football cliches from up your sleeves?

Brilliant. Want to recreate the old TV cartoon theme tune now.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2310 on: June 12, 2014, 09:22:53 PM »
If the combination of my mathematics and the Express and Dingles reports are correct, both a long shot - Tim Sherwood should be named head coach at some point during the night!

Seriously now - what do people think will come first, England's first WC game or us naming a new boss?
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2311 on: June 12, 2014, 09:23:40 PM »

Jeremy Peace would make an awesome villain
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2312 on: June 12, 2014, 09:25:36 PM »
Jeremy Peace would make an awesome villain

How true! "Peace by name, evil by nature".

EveshamBaggy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2313 on: June 12, 2014, 09:27:29 PM »
If the combination of my mathematics and the Express and Dingles reports are correct, both a long shot - Tim Sherwood should be named head coach at some point during the night!

Seriously now - what do people think will come first, England's first WC game or us naming a new boss?

England going out of the World Cup?

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2314 on: June 12, 2014, 09:30:36 PM »

Tempted to say that JP will most likely wait until darkness falls before fluttering down from the roost on his leathery wings to call a press conference.

However in, I think, the words of Graham Chapman, this is all getting a bit silly. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an announcement tomorrow afternoon. Assuming they can come to an agreement of course.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2315 on: June 12, 2014, 11:37:47 PM »
Tempted to say that JP will most likely wait until darkness falls before fluttering down from the roost on his leathery wings to call a press conference.

However in, I think, the words of Graham Chapman, this is all getting a bit silly. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an announcement tomorrow afternoon. Assuming they can come to an agreement of course.
...or if it's Dave Jones probable announcement around 11.00 on Saturday evening.

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2316 on: June 12, 2014, 11:58:05 PM »
if its dave jones i,m cancelling my season ticket ent going up the baggies to see that dingle there

tgd26

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2317 on: June 13, 2014, 01:10:03 AM »
A quick question for one of the admins...

Are these frequent and drawn out manager searches good for the future and growth of this forum?

I am assuming at times like these a lot more potential new members find the site, sign up and start contributing? Surely this can only be a good thing going forward.

As stressed as some people are getting this thread does make some very enjoyable/funny reading.

However, saying all that I do hope a decision is reached as soon as possible like everyone else on here!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:30:48 AM by tgd26 »

robnewbold

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2318 on: June 13, 2014, 07:27:20 AM »
Youre absolutely spot on.  I live in India so only access to info has been these threads. They have been essential since the ides of March when we were in Pepe Meltdown and staring disaster in the face. (I am a Pepe fan by the way)

With all the awfully biased reporting about the club last season , the endless procrastination from the Club itself and a total lack of realisation from the top  that the fans are actually important, these threads have been the only way to keep ones sanity at times.

All our opinions vary, be a boring world if they didnt, but we all have one thing in common...the best interests of the club at heart for our kids and for the future.

We are the people who put the boing in 'never boring"

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2319 on: June 13, 2014, 07:29:04 AM »
A quick question for one of the admins...

Are these frequent and drawn out manager searches good for the future and growth of this forum?

I am assuming at times like these a lot more potential new members find the site, sign up and start contributing? Surely this can only be a good thing going forward.

As stressed as some people are getting this thread does make some very enjoyable/funny reading.

However, saying all that I do hope a decision is reached as soon as possible like everyone else on here!

The problem isn't with the forums it's with how quickly members get frustrated - if you take out every post that says 'this is a joke/disgrace/farce' and every post that says '______'s odds are changing on oddschecker' then we'd have about 50 pages on this topic. Not having a topic at all wouldn't be good for new users because they're coming here to get news. The admins do a damn good job as it is and apart from policing every single post, these topics are a necessary evil.

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2320 on: June 13, 2014, 07:36:35 AM »
...or if it's Dave Jones probable announcement around 11.00 on Saturday evening.

Dave Jones and Downing together the mouth waters
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.

tgd26

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2321 on: June 13, 2014, 07:37:36 AM »
The problem isn't with the forums it's with how quickly members get frustrated - if you take out every post that says 'this is a joke/disgrace/farce' and every post that says '______'s odds are changing on oddschecker' then we'd have about 50 pages on this topic. Not having a topic at all wouldn't be good for new users because they're coming here to get news. The admins do a damn good job as it is and apart from policing every single post, these topics are a necessary evil.

Ha ha, to be honest Psalm you do have a point.

However, I would say that some of your responses are the funny ones I was referring to in my original post.
For what it's worth, fair play to you for answering so many of those "joke/disgrace/farce" posts with a lot of realism\common sense and humour.

Keep it up - it is making this whole process a lot more bearable!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2322 on: June 13, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »
The thing is, PsalmXXIII, that people getting frustrated too soon is you're opinion rather than a fact. I think this is day 32 since Pepe Mel left  so those who are frustrated have every right to be now.

Manager_Markets

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2323 on: June 13, 2014, 07:49:52 AM »
Hopefully this doesn't play out like the Blackpool saga at the beginning of 2013... Oyston took them all around the houses twice, and Ince took the job after previously saying he wasn't interested!

blue

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2324 on: June 13, 2014, 07:58:50 AM »
Hopefully this doesn't play out like the Blackpool saga at the beginning of 2013... Oyston took them all around the houses twice, and Ince took the job after previously saying he wasn't interested!
Like jeremy did with pepe mel last time.