Author Topic: Next West Brom Head Coach  (Read 550460 times)

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Next West Brom Head Coach
« Reply #625 on: May 20, 2014, 06:56:10 PM »

It will not be Hughton.If he didn't get the gig last time whats different now, a failed manager who got sacked,Big difference

Like Clarke champioship at best

If Clarke was Championship at best what was Mel ? League 1/2?

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #626 on: May 20, 2014, 06:57:55 PM »
Moyes cannot possibly be described as a "complete non starter". He may or may not get offered the job, he may or may not accept the job but he's no more a non starter than any other potential head coach.

From what I read and hear one day it's Sherwood another it's Moyes another it's Hughton. Press / media are scratching around for stories by the looks of it.

No-one has any real idea who the next head coach is likely to be.

I'll do it for 30K per year, can't get better terms than that Jezza and I'd do a bloody good job as well.  8) ;D

I would say he's a non-starter because I do not think he will even consider taking our job. As much as I would love him to come he's just completely out of our league.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #627 on: May 20, 2014, 06:59:05 PM »

Very funny indeed, Clarke managed to turn the fans on each other with his dross. Pepe Mel galvanized the fans with his wanting to play football with his hands tied and high and mighty waste of space footballers.No body else would have done any better in the 4 months
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #628 on: May 20, 2014, 07:00:48 PM »
The criteria for the next Albion manager:

1. currently out of work.
2. failed in previous job.
3. willing to field a team of freebies and loans.
4. accept the word of Peace, Garlick and Jenkins at all times.

If you meet this criteria, feel free to apply.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #629 on: May 20, 2014, 07:02:45 PM »

Very funny indeed, Clarke managed to turn the fans on each other with his dross. Pepe Mel galvanized the fans with his wanting to play football with his hands tied and high and mighty waste of space footballers.No body else would have done any better in the 4 months

Spot on JR easy to knock the bloke now he's gone, Clarkes dross was sending us down!

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #630 on: May 20, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »
The criteria for the next Albion manager:

1. currently out of work.
2. failed in previous job.
3. willing to field a team of freebies and loans.
4. accept the word of Peace, Garlick and Jenkins at all times.

If you meet this criteria, feel free to apply.

Also must get on well with the crocks/'seasoned pros'.

Still all points to Downing for me.  A day after early bird season ticket deadline.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #631 on: May 20, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »

Someone who coached a struggling side to promotion then Europa League in two seasons. What's Clarke done?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #632 on: May 20, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »
I doubt that it will be Hughton he will have the same control/staffing issues as Moyes and with a track record that would give the club even less reason to compromise.

To some extent Hughton was less of a failure than Moyes was last season but I think it is almost academic as neither will be likely to work in our structure. For this reason I suspect that an overseas coach (one with better English perhaps than Mel) might be the most likely appointee. I cannot see the club abandoning the concept of Technical Director and Head Coach particularly after just appointing Burton into the role.

With regard to coaches failing either they will have no experience at Premier League level or they will have failed because unless they have failed they will be in a Premier League job or similar and not be available or interested in ours. Moyes is available because he failed Roy was available because he failed Jol available because he failed and so on. All coaches fail at some point.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #633 on: May 20, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »
My money is on Jol
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #634 on: May 20, 2014, 07:55:18 PM »
Only that it is highly unlikely due to his backroom and transfer control requests but he has been sounded out from a far. Dont forget this is our structure and he has to fit into it and not vice versa.

I reckon transfer issues would be easier to reach agreement on than back room staff.

If that's going to be a sticking point for Moyes it will be for others.

Who else is available who is a) good, b) has a track record and who c) comes either alone or at most as part of a head coach + number 2 set up?

God, if only the modern equivalent of Clough and Taylor was out there...

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #635 on: May 20, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »
Not being funny but if we are serious about next season and serious about Moyes we should move mountains for the bloke and if that means sacking Kiely and Downing so he can bring in his own team so be it.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #636 on: May 20, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »
Not being funny but if we are serious about next season and serious about Moyes we should move mountains for the bloke and if that means sacking Kiely and Downing so he can bring in his own team so be it.

Agreed totally but in our establishment's eyes, Tweedledum and Tweedledee can do no wrong; they're part of the furniture unfortunately. It's not that I don't like them AT ALL, just that they are a constant stumbling block for any prospect wanting to bring their own boys in.

TIME FOR CHANGE MR. PEACE. Great start with the cull, now keep on. Swear to God if we end up with someone like Hughton I'm off to Espanyol!!!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #637 on: May 20, 2014, 08:15:34 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I think it will be Jol.

The person we go for has to have perm managerial experience. I just can't see us plumping for a Steve Bould character.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #638 on: May 20, 2014, 08:44:04 PM »
Why on earth would Moyes come to us? Sorry but a non starter for me.

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #639 on: May 20, 2014, 09:13:32 PM »
Probably a long shot but I have a feeling he might have been approached before - what about Claudio Ranieri? He's just left Monaco - has excellent track record and probably wouldn't attract a top class club anymore. Sort of similar to Hodgson.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #640 on: May 20, 2014, 09:18:26 PM »
Probably a long shot but I have a feeling he might have been approached before - what about Claudio Ranieri? He's just left Monaco - has excellent track record and probably wouldn't attract a top class club anymore. Sort of similar to Hodgson.

It would be very ambitious and I'd be all for it! Can't see it happening though, surely some big club with money will get him. Monaco to West Bromwich?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #641 on: May 20, 2014, 09:29:48 PM »
JP dont you dare take on Chris Hughton >:(

He was taking Hughton before we appointed Roy, everything was agreed personal terms etc but then roy put his interest in the job so we cancelled talks
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #642 on: May 20, 2014, 09:36:52 PM »
i cannot for the life of me understand why JP would let a chance of a good coach slip through our hands to keep pinky and perky, are they really that good and could you imagine either turning down a job elseware if it came along.
let whoever bring in his own staff they probable will be better anyway and there is not any loyalty in football
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #643 on: May 20, 2014, 09:49:55 PM »
Hey JP is it too late to talk to Pepe Mel, I've heard he's quite good with a bit of support....
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #644 on: May 20, 2014, 09:50:14 PM »
He was taking Hughton before we appointed Roy, everything was agreed personal terms etc but then roy put his interest in the job so we cancelled talks

Failed miserably since though
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #645 on: May 20, 2014, 09:51:23 PM »
Hey JP is it too late to talk to Pepe Mel, I've heard he's quite good with a bit of support....

Still amazes me hes gone when he was the ideal candidate
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #646 on: May 20, 2014, 09:57:23 PM »

Failed miserably since though
Did good at Birmingham in between, offered him the job,he said no due to his staff not coming with + Birmingham refused and dug their heels in and we went with Clarke instead. Hughton went to Norwich and the rest is history. Really we've offered the job to him twice.

andy_baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #647 on: May 20, 2014, 10:42:19 PM »
A reliable source has informed me that Steve Clarke will be getting his job back with us after the weekend. Skybet had him at 20/1 this morning and are down to 12/1 now. Paddy power have gone from 33/1 to 14/1. Not to sure how much we should read into this, but just thought I'd put it out there. Watch this space!!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #648 on: May 20, 2014, 10:53:01 PM »
A reliable source has informed me that Steve Clarke will be getting his job back with us after the weekend. Skybet had him at 20/1 this morning and are down to 12/1 now. Paddy power have gone from 33/1 to 14/1. Not to sure how much we should read into this, but just thought I'd put it out there. Watch this space!!
There's more chance of Messi signing for us. ;D

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #649 on: May 20, 2014, 10:55:52 PM »

I would rather eat my own scrotum than this be true.