Author Topic: Next West Brom Head Coach  (Read 549608 times)

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next West Brom Head Coach
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2014, 05:56:52 PM »
Two months ago I was told by a supposed ITK to put £10 on Dave Jones as our next manager - I told him where to go.  But with the appointment of Burton I'm starting to think he may be right.

Fits the criteria, cheap, out of work, cheap, a yes man. Sounds perfect for JP

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2014, 06:11:01 PM »
Its a really weird one.  The list of people that fit our selection criteria and would consider working under JP must be ever shrinking.

I think if JP wants a cheap option he will go for McInnes.  His association will appease the fans a little after the last few months.  He has had some success.  He'd know what he was letting himself in for.  He might work well with KD and Keily.

I think if JP thinks about what's happened lately a bit harder then he'll realise that he needs to appoint someone that the players will respect, with some experience in the PL and an idea of how to get performances out of some fairly limited players.  That's Martin Jol.

Before Clarke was appointed I wanted Laudrup to be the boss.  However, I think that there is too much negative info following his spell at Swansea.

Personally, I'd like to see someone like Gary Neville or Paul Clement or maybe Eddie Howe given a go - if we are really looking for a coach who can change things and inspire people.

I would be really disappointed if it was Hughton, Jones, McKay, etc... they are all experienced yet have little (if any) success in the PL between them.  Obviously not right for us.  Don't think Rosler, McLaren, Dyche will leave their clubs whilst they are on the up.  Don't think that we'll go for anyone who isn't English or with some relevant English experience, which takes care of Shaff, Pellegrio, etc. Moyes, no chance.  Phelan, no thanks.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »
Spurs sacked Sherwood so he's available free.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
Spurs sacked Sherwood so he's available free.

Go back to posts made several hours ago.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #279 on: May 13, 2014, 06:14:56 PM »
All this talk of Scottish managers like Moyes, Mackay and McInnes but there is only one Scottish manager who can really sort this group out.

I present to you.......

Alan McNee

Poppycock!!!
Gera, Gera, Gera

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #280 on: May 13, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »
Cant see us going for a foriegn coach again! To easy for the players to say they cant understand him :P

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #281 on: May 13, 2014, 06:33:51 PM »
Cant see us going for a foriegn coach again! To easy for the players to say they cant understand him :P

Can't help but picture that sketch on Little Britain where the weight loss woman can't understand the Indian lady despite her speaking perfectly understandable English.

'You need tackle high up the pitch and no let opposition attack by sit deep. Ok?'
'Nope. Say it again Pepe.'
'Please learn to run after the ball and hard work.'
'Dont understand.'
'Put in some effort please?'
'No, going to need Keith.'

Useless a*seholes.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #282 on: May 13, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »
Two months ago I was told by a supposed ITK to put £10 on Dave Jones as our next manager - I told him where to go.  But with the appointment of Burton I'm starting to think he may be right.
burtons worked with him at Cardiff and Wednesday and apparently he will be involved in the recruitment process so jones might be a dark horse for the job, on the other hand Malkey put Burton on gardening leave at Cardiff so I'm thinking he won't be looking to get him involved.

Trawl

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2014, 07:40:02 PM »
There is a George Graham quote somewhere. I'm paraphrasing but he said that at a new club have a look around the dressing room and remember that it is these *****s that cost the last man his job. Reading Reid's quotes for example it feels like we need a Megson type character in to look into the eyes of our playing squad.

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #284 on: May 13, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »
I'm starting to think that any of the candidates would be okay. What I don't like are the players. It's stating the obvious but if we don't recruit quality there's a serious chance we could go down, and if we went down to the Championship I don't credit half of this lot to show the skill and guts needed to get us back up.

FWIW I still think Moyes. I know there's this stuff about 'he's looking for a bigger club' but if the Albion are serious about doing their due diligence they simply must approach his agent. Nothing ventured nothing gained, and I'd like to think that phone call has already been made.

Then again, we are in the bizarro universe of JP so who knows.

AlbionDaz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »
We do need someone that needs to put a bit of fear into our Squad,or at least someone they respect,like a good ex pro like Laudrap,but have a horrible feeling it will be a negative Manager that will come in.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2014, 08:26:43 PM »
Really warming to the idea of Sherwood even though I stated before about not liking him! Seems the kinda guy we need! Ruffle some of the peacocks feathers
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2014, 08:59:31 PM »
It is reported that Terry Burton will be involved in the selection of the new Head Coach and yet he doesn't start his job until June 1. I hope he has an input before then or we could lose out on our main candidates.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2014, 09:20:06 PM »
I guess June 1st isn't far away but agree that there should be a lot of work to do before then re hunting down the new manager.
Also there are several decisions to be made sooner rather than later regarding players futures....not to mention transfer targets.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »
Fits the criteria, cheap, out of work, cheap, a yes man. Sounds perfect for JP

Ruled out by CL at least.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2014, 09:37:33 PM »
If we are going to go for someone based on their coaching abilities what about Paul Clement?

http://www.thenational.ae/paul-clement-quietly-climbing-the-ladder

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #291 on: May 13, 2014, 09:38:17 PM »
Nigel Adkins anyone? I hear JP rates him highly.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2014, 09:50:47 PM »
Lepko interviewed on Talksport on our vacancy. Worryingly didn't rule Downing out. Downing was put off by McDonough (SP) being around back in December/January hence why he was adamant he did not want the role originally. Now his position may have changed though.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »
Lepko interviewed on Talksport on our vacancy. Worryingly didn't rule Downing out. Downing was put off by McDonough (SP) being around back in December/January hence why he was adamant he did not want the role originally. Now his position may have changed though.
What did he say about other possibles ?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2014, 10:40:15 PM »
What did he say about other possibles ?

Ruled Jones out and Sherwood. Also spoke about RDM and said that players reported him to the board for not being hands on. Compared Clarke and Mels seasons and said they were very similar. That is all I caught of it really to be honest, missed the first bit.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2014, 10:53:03 PM »
So players have a history of getting the manager the sack
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2014, 11:19:29 PM »
Ruled Jones out and Sherwood. Also spoke about RDM and said that players reported him to the board for not being hands on. Compared Clarke and Mels seasons and said they were very similar. That is all I caught of it really to be honest, missed the first bit.

Reported him to the board for not being hands on? Are you kidding me? He's head coach. The name even suggests that aside from training sessions and the game, they're in charge of other coaches who then train the players. How petty to report him. There's different managerial styles out there and they don't like any of them.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #297 on: May 13, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
nigel adkins seems appealing from a poor list. very harshly sacked from Southampton and he as managed at all levels so im sure he would soon notice any cliques in the dressing room.

AlbionDaz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #298 on: May 13, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »
nigel adkins seems appealing from a poor list. very harshly sacked from Southampton and he as managed at all levels so im sure he would soon notice any cliques in the dressing room.
Have a lot of respect for Adkins too,we could do worse I guess.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #299 on: May 13, 2014, 11:27:32 PM »
Steve Clarke: did a decent job at a team called West Brom until he was sacked.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak