Author Topic: Next West Brom Head Coach  (Read 550932 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Next West Brom Head Coach
« Reply #250 on: May 13, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »
Some Aberdeen fans are worried McInnes will be heading our way. Others are pointing to Bristol City and claim that is enough to put us off.
Personally like to see a bit more a gamble like McInnes rather than same old Hughton, Malky , Jones .
If it hadn't been for that poor second season at Bristol City after a good spell at St Johnstone added to his success at Aberdeen i think he would be right up there on the boards list.
Young , ambitious , will be keen to prove Brizzle was a one off , knows the club and our limits.
Would be close to getting the job for me.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: May 13, 2014, 03:24:01 PM »
Personally like to see a bit more a gamble like McInnes rather than same old Hughton, Malky , Jones .
If it hadn't been for that poor second season at Bristol City after a good spell at St Johnstone added to his success at Aberdeen i think he would be right up there on the boards list.
Young , ambitious , will be keen to prove Brizzle was a one off , knows the club and our limits.
Would be close to getting the job for me.

I can't help but think McInnes represents one of our better options.

Most managers don't want to work within the clubs structure in the first place so that rules out a lot, whilst recent problems will surely make the job pretty unappealing, certainly to anyone who has a decent reputation. Which suggests really our only options will be people who need to repair their reputation - your Hughton's, or relatively inexperienced managers. Certainly not people like Schaaf who we were after in January.

He's got the kind of attitude you'd think the club needs. He did a similar job at Aberdeen last year with a massive restructuring job, and everything we know about him he wouldn't stand for cliques undermining him. Plus Peace actually likes him and presumably if there were real problems within the club, McInnes word would carry some weight.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:27:09 PM by Dan »

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #252 on: May 13, 2014, 03:24:49 PM »
Mcinnes has a lengthy contract at Aberdeen so can't see us paying a compo package for him, will be out of work manager and there's plenty about.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2014, 03:43:26 PM »
These group of players have proven they have a very poor attitude and need a right kick up the backside, but then they will probably go running to uncle Keith if someone comes in and upsets the precious *****. Their over inflated egos won't allow for a McInnes type that has no kind of reputation outside of Scotland.

boult

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »
Why would anyone think McInnes or Jones  could be even considered for the job both have failed miserably in the championship. McInnes was a good ex player at the club but at Bristol city a disaster, and Aberdeen Scottish football at best championship level. Brian Mc Dermont been mentioned ex Reading and at moment the Leeds manager hardly a expiring choice. If the club were thinking along that line Martin Jol another ex player who speaks perfect English has managed in the premiership at Spurs and Fulham on a limited budget would be a better fit for the club as if it looks like Downing is staying, Martin Jol would command the respect from players and management team left at the club and could work with the financial budget from the chairman. But whoever gets the job its important they get it right this time galvanize the fans and learn from the mistakes  or we will  sink faster than a battleship to the championship.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: May 13, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »
Reckon it might be Sven this time round? Certainly fits the tried and tested mould which so many think we will go for this time.

Although he is currently employed, he was also employed (same Chinese club) when we almost offered him the role in January.

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #256 on: May 13, 2014, 04:12:36 PM »
David moyes for me, perfect job for him to get his nose back in the game aswell

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #257 on: May 13, 2014, 04:25:02 PM »
David moyes for me, perfect job for him to get his nose back in the game aswell

As much as I agree I think he would see us as below him now. He will be looking at jobs like Spurs or Newcastle when they come up, clubs with potential to go a little further if managed right. I just think we would struggle to convince anyone of his calibre to take the job although I did think the same about Hodgson at the time.

I've had a cheeky fiver on Zola, was interviewed last time and the type I think we could easily attract while being more likely to agree to work within our current structure.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2014, 04:27:57 PM »
Re: David Moyes

We saw how many staff Moyes took with him to Old Trafford. David had a clean sweep of the coaching team there and bought in his own people.

I doubt he would come to us anyway even if we let him take complete control and provided him with a substantial transfer kitty.

The fact that David would have to work with Keith and Dean and would be given one coach, perhaps two with little say over transfers means he can be totally ruled out. Our reputation as a club is in tatters. The only Head Coach we will be employing is one who would walk to the ground for talks from wherever they are in the UK.

Those championing David Moyes as the next Head Coach are thinking we are something we are not and are coming across a bit dingle-esque.

We done very very well to be able to get Roy here I know, but he wanted to get himself in the frame for the England job. Lighting doesn't strike twice and IMO there is no way that Moyes will be our next Head Coach.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2014, 04:28:20 PM »
After reading some of what our players behaved like under Mel part of me hopes we get a right horrible  b*****d in who will give them hell and ship out the wasters over the next year or so, sadly we wont be able to get rid of them all at once but over the 3 x transfer windows i hope we ship out whoever is the power behind it all.

Reading Reids comments and also the players laughing at Mel's attempts at English in his teamtalks makes them sound like a bunch of school boys, bullys to a certain extent and its pathetic. I have no doubt there are more good than bad in our dressing room but sadly the bad ones usually have the influence.

I think they got too comfortable under Clarke and let him down, he was meant to be there mate and they got him sacked, then clearly didnt respect or give Mel a go and got him the sack too, thats why i would not object if for a season we had a Sir Gary Megson type, a disciplinarian who kicks their arses into touch, i would accept that now if it meant ridding the club of those culprits, sadly dont think it will happen.

Judging by the attitude problem i think our players will behave like idiots whoever gets it from the names banded about, they really seem to think they are something and have some sort of power, i would ask them to get their medal collections out for what they have achieved at top level football, there wouldnt be much there.

I think although us fans like Mcinnes and respect him, most our squad wouldnt have  a clue who he is, Hughton seems a very nice bloke and i could see a Pepe Mel situation where the scumbags take the mick, Malky Mackay would fall possibly into the same catergory as Mcinnes, our players would probably question him as he only managed in the premiership for 4 x months. Sherwood i think would either be brilliant and as he has an ego the size of a planet himself he would either over power them and we become successful or there would be a lot of clashes. I have nothing against any of the above and wouldnt mind any of them being our manager (even Sherwood who i dont like!) its just how i think some of our players would see it, they seem to be quite picky who they bother to try and play for.

A Laudrup, Moyes or Jol type for me, experienced, respected and wouldnt take any rubbish from our divas (especially the latter two) and although i think Kiely and Downing are getting a lot of unfair stick, if they in the clique as some think, then if they have to go to make us better, then so be it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:31:36 PM by Albion79 »

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2014, 04:31:31 PM »
Reckon it might be Sven this time round? Certainly fits the tried and tested mould which so many think we will go for this time.

Although he is currently employed, he was also employed (same Chinese club) when we almost offered him the role in January.

Eriksson just chases the money nowadays, his heart doesn't seem into management at all. Which is a shame as he is actually a good, if conservative manager.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
Eriksson just chases the money nowadays, his heart doesn't seem into management at all. Which is a shame as he is actually a good, if conservative manager.

I agree, he's chased the money since his Man City days. However, money can't buy him a Premier League job and I reckon give him a standard PL wage and a chauffeur and he would be there. Not that I am championing him by the way!!

I originally voted for Schaaf but can't see that being a goer. Would be happy with McInnes and even Sherwood now. I called him an arrogant c*ck a few weeks ago, which he is but would love to see the fireworks with the 'professional' football players in the football department if he was given the role.

JtheMull

• Youth Baggie

Re: Tim Sherwood as Albion manager?
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
I for one would be happy with Sherwood. He's had good form, and is a lot more promising than the likes of Hughton, McDermot etc.
Dum. Dum dum dum dum dum.....

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »
I said on another thread that I am warming to the idea of Sherwood, which is a complete U-Turn on my original view of the guy.

Tim seems to love the media and reckon he will be Redknapps long term media darling replacement.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »
I for one would be happy with Sherwood. He's had good form, and is a lot more promising than the likes of Hughton, McDermot etc.

Just NO!
Baggie in Southampton

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »
Changed my mind. I am behind the Tim sherwood clan.
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

jim68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2014, 04:58:43 PM »
I would be happy with this arrangement.
so would i give him a go /he,s a winner  ,must have something about him people keep saying  he;s only done well in scotland fair enough but even to go with his current  cv few years back had st johstone turning over celtic and rangers who we all know have dominated for ever 8)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2014, 04:59:29 PM »
Tim seems to love the media and reckon he will be Redknapps long term media darling replacement.
And is that what we want at our club?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2014, 05:00:31 PM »
Changed my mind. I am behind the Tim sherwood clan.

Haha I have just thought the same thing, Laudrup is my first choice and Mcclaren if Derby dont go up but I think I would also be ok with Sherwood.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2014, 05:02:48 PM »
And is that what we want at our club?

Not saying that, just stating what I think. I would rather have that sort of character than a Billy 'bully boy' Davies who bars all the local press.

baggybazza

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2014, 05:06:10 PM »
Steve Maclaren not on the list? :-[

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2014, 05:15:02 PM »
I agree, he's chased the money since his Man City days. However, money can't buy him a Premier League job and I reckon give him a standard PL wage and a chauffeur and he would be there. Not that I am championing him by the way!!

I originally voted for Schaaf but can't see that being a goer. Would be happy with McInnes and even Sherwood now. I called him an arrogant c*ck a few weeks ago, which he is but would love to see the fireworks with the 'professional' football players in the football department if he was given the role.

Didn't he tw@ one of his players after they lost 4-0?

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2014, 05:44:13 PM »
Still down in the mouth with the departure of PM but sh-t things happen.
I voted for Gary Neville be-course he comes across has a persons who understands the game inside out knows what it takes to play at the highest level, wouldn't stand by & let players rule the roost but most of all would demand 100% effort 100% of the time.
Please Please Please JP no old faces that have failed in the prem already.

Welsh_Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2014, 05:51:41 PM »
Two months ago I was told by a supposed ITK to put £10 on Dave Jones as our next manager - I told him where to go.  But with the appointment of Burton I'm starting to think he may be right.