Author Topic: Next West Brom Head Coach  (Read 549648 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Tim Sherwood as Albion manager?
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2014, 06:31:48 PM »
I'm resigned to losing Mel now.

Would Sherwood be really that bad? 5th in the form table since he took over at Spurs in December.

If you like a gent in the ilk of Roy/Pepe then he's not the man. Dunno, he basically seems like a bit of a cock and i know Spurs fans who think he was clueless
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2014, 06:39:59 PM »
We always go for someone with impressive coaching credentials. He hasn't even got his pro-license. Complete non-starter. He is a complete tool.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2014, 06:41:52 PM »
would rather him than a Hughton, Jol, Jones type. Young and may well feel he has something to prove after way he has been treated at Spuds!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2014, 06:47:18 PM »
His results are decent but then Avram Grant did well at Chelsea as did RDM for a while. It seems more a case that the players at his disposal are good players and will win games on the strength of that rather than any tactical input from him, eventually they'd get found out like RDM at Chelsea. Particularly concerning is the fact that Spurs were thrashed by the better teams, its all well and good beating teams he has a much better team than, its his equals and betters that he needed to compete against. Given there are no teams in this league who we are much better than, that'd be a major concern.

Spurs fans also really don't think much of him and think the football is often poor. If he's to be a decent manager he needs to go away and get his coaching badges and then start below the premier league.

The one manager I would like to see us go for is Eddie Howe who's done terrific at Bournemouth but he'd cost more than nominal compensation I should think so that's an unlikely one.

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »
We always go for someone with impressive coaching credentials. He hasn't even got his pro-license. Complete non-starter. He is a complete tool.

Full agree...His arogance is embarrasing and him coming to the Albion would not be great for either party.

Mel wont be here next year and I can only see Malky getting the job! Reasonably cheap, had sucsess at a lower level perfect for the Albion.

Or I would go back and get the man we should have had in the first place...Thomas Schaaf

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »
Full agree...His arogance is embarrasing and him coming to the Albion would not be great for either party.

Mel wont be here next year and I can only see Malky getting the job! Reasonably cheap, had sucsess at a lower level perfect for the Albion.

Or I would go back and get the man we should have had in the first place...Thomas Schaaf
With Norwich saying they plan to appoint their new manager within a week....to me that means either Adams stays or its going to be Malky.
Bit of a bizarre twist in the Tan v MacKay tussle with Malky and Moody issuing apologies to Tan and agreeing a settlement (I wonder how much extra they got for making a public apology).
Seems Malky wanted a swift end to the dispute presumably as a job was in the pipeline.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2014, 09:44:20 PM »
Eddie Howe and a new team wouldn't be a bad shout . He is young and hungry . The main thing is we need a massive clear out of players .

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »
I'd take him now, plays decent and would know who to "borrow" from spurs.
There's also
Mcinnes
Laudrap
Hughton
Rijkard
Moyes
Rangnick
Hoddle
Etc etc
There are plenty avaliable
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
I'd take him now, plays decent and would know who to "borrow" from spurs.
There's also
Mcinnes
Laudrap
Hughton
Rijkard
Moyes
Rangnick
Hoddle
Etc etc
There are plenty avaliable
The 2 I would rule out are McInnes and Hoddle. The rest all have positive points.

As for Sherwood - too risky and seems slightly bonkers.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2014, 11:33:21 AM »

and look where that's led us to.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »
Moyes is a decent option for me.He has vast experience for carrying a mid-table team(Everton,not Man Utd lol).I think his circumstances is similar with Roy Hodgson,which was sacked by a big club and seek for a new job to regain his reputation. 
The PRIDE of midlands

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2014, 12:09:33 PM »
Cant see Moyes joining as surely we wouldn't pay his wage. Sherwood on the other hand has done a decent job at Spurs but I cant stand him as a person. Publically slating your players is not the way to go about things.

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2014, 01:26:46 PM »
if we can't get Moyes what about Steve Round his second in command

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
if we can't get Moyes what about Steve Round his second in command

We had a number two in Clarke and he wasn't upto it long term, not sure we can risk going for another and as Round is not high profile will this bunch accept him anyway.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2014, 01:35:37 PM »
Would love Moyes if Mel goes, but I doubt we would be able to afford him.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »
Eddie Howe and a new team wouldn't be a bad shout . He is young and hungry . The main thing is we need a massive clear out of players .
In his comfort zone at Bournemouth, moved out once to Burnley and didnt last long, would have to be sure he was committed to leaving again?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

Next West Brom Head Coach
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »
Who next then?

royhan

• WBA Coach

Re: Next West Brom Head Coach
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2014, 03:26:10 PM »
The bookies are currently split between Chris Hughton and Malky McKay to be our next manager. Third choice is Tim Sherwood. Other candidates with odds of 12/1 or less are Michael Laudrup, David Moyes and Neil Lennon.
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/west-brom/next-permanent-manager

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
I think we've got to splash the cash and pay top wages to someone who can steady our ship and work on our limited budget. That's why I have opted for David Moyes who may relish this challenge.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2014, 03:33:01 PM »
It will be whoever tells Peace in the interview we don't need to spend: :D, I think it will be Hughton.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2014, 03:33:23 PM »
These are the candidates off the Sky Bet website. Sorry mods think i may have double posted the topic.

I voted for Laudrup. I still think we can get someone in who can play good football. Don't think we have to go for a negative manager despite the season we have had.

Don't think Laudrup would work under within our 'football department structure' though so not holding my breath.

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »
My Favored managers would be:

Malky Mackay
Davis Moyes
Uwe Rosler
Sam Alllardyce

Don't think we will get any of them,they are all too strong and have an opinion for Peace.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2014, 03:36:34 PM »
Whoever it is it has to be the right choice, we cannot afford to cock up this time.

It has to be someone who is willing to work the way Peace wants - that's just the way the club is.

We need stability, someone that is going to be here for a while and everyone needs to be pulling together in the same direction.

This is a more important appointment than Clarke or Mel were because if we get this one wrong we WILL go down and it'll be a hell of a struggle to come back up again.

I urge all fans regardless of your thoughts towards Jeremy Peace or Pepe Mel or your opinions on who the new manager / head coach should be, when he is appointed please back him. The club will go nowhere if it is fragmented.

Get it right Jezza!!!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »
David Moyes needs to be successful at whatever club he goes to next and will want a club that has some ambition. On that basis, there's no chance at all of him coming to Albion.

As far as McInnes is concerned, if he hadn't played for us no-one would give him a second glance. It doesn't matter that he played for us, his record as a manager is all that counts and he's done nothing yet to indicate that he's up to taking on a job like this one.

I feel too disgusted at present to think about who I'd like to be here next.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2014, 03:39:20 PM »
No doubt we'll pull a rabbit out of the hat again. Based on the last round of interviews I still quite fancy Schaaf, but he was ruled out so that would rule him out again this time unless we change our set up.