Author Topic: Jeremy Peace  (Read 317200 times)

vulpine

• WBA Newbie

Re: Jeremy Peace
« Reply #550 on: June 15, 2014, 01:46:03 AM »
My thoughts on this unbelievable appointment are as follows:

1. JP has been, over the years, trying to get 75% of the shares in the club. Only recently he's tried to buy some more to get to this 'magic number' of 75%.
2. As a lifelong cynic are these recent poor appointments an attempt to get fans to part with their shares so that JP can get the control he so, seemingly, is desperate to acquire?

I'm not a financial expert but I wonder what he intends to do once he has the three quarter majority stakeholding? What's his long game? What's the plan when he owns the requisite amount of shares? Anyone got a better insight into this than me?

#justaskin

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #551 on: June 15, 2014, 01:55:54 AM »
hu bloody ray there have been a lot of coffee jars sniffed tonite. Peace O U T now!! :( :( >:( >:( :( :(
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #552 on: June 15, 2014, 02:08:45 AM »
Fuming over this appointment please let me wake up, downing must be a useless twonk if he was behind this dinosaur,
can see it now he tells foster to pick up the ball on a back pass and doesnt realize we are able to use subs he thinks there uboats

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2014, 02:13:39 AM »
The motives are always the same and Peace's long term objective is to sell the club at a profit. To do this he needs to
a) keep it in the Premier League
b) Operate at a profit
c) Demonstrate  to perspective purchasers that the relegation risk is manageable

He therefore would not be behaving rationally if he thought that the Irvine appointment would seriously threaten point a) and therefore I must conclude that has been convinced that appointing Irvine does not do that. It is not some Machiavellian plot to chisel a few shares out of the other shareholders on the cheap given he already owns 55% of the club his current stake would halve in value on relegation. If any shareholder sells in a fit of pique based on the New Head Coach they are seriously cutting their nose off to spite their face.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2014, 08:18:40 AM »
The motives are always the same and Peace's long term objective is to sell the club at a profit. To do this he needs to
b) Operate at a profit
c) Demonstrate  to perspective purchasers that the relegation risk is manageable

He therefore would not be behaving rationally if he thought that the Irvine appointment would seriously threaten point a) and therefore I must conclude that has been convinced that appointing Irvine does not do that. It is not some Machiavellian plot to chisel a few shares out of the other shareholders on the cheap given he already owns 55% of the club his current stake would halve in value on relegation. If any shareholder sells in a fit of pique based on the New Head Coach they are seriously cutting their nose off to spite their face.   
Dr Evil has an evil plan

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #555 on: June 15, 2014, 11:29:26 AM »
The club has been up for sale for years - the simple fact is we're just not an attractive enough proposition. With Irvine in charge, we've probably put off any potential suitors - is that the intention?! It's a very sad time for us, and a completely uninspiring appointment.......I'm so angry that he has done this to our wonderful club. I have praised him for years, but this is enough. He's completely gone down in my estimations and his arrogance and disregard for the paying fan is all too obvious. I'm extremely cautious to believe that the 'grass is greener', however this man has gone a step too far this time. Peace out, I'm fed up with all of his games.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:29:21 AM by sconesy »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #556 on: June 15, 2014, 12:12:57 PM »
I've taken the club as far as I can,
I don't have cash to compete with the big boys,
I can't find anyone to buy at a price I want,

I know, Asset strip that's the answer, I'll sell off anything of value, start with the players, we can use kids and has been's.

I'm not going to pay big wages, so, a get a couple of journeymen coaches (AI & TB), them with Deano & Keith who cost peanuts, I'll keep them for now.

The ground and training ground, erm, now let me think, if I can get 75% of the shares, WBA holdings (my alter-ego) could wind up WBAFC all together.  No players of value, no facilities,
then WBA holdings can get rid of the remaining staff

That should get me enough to retire on,

After all 26,000 unwashed customers are of no consequence once WBA holdings have what I deserve,

Vincent Tan, Ken Bates, Randy Lerner, they will be as nothing, when Jeremy Peace is mentioned the footballing world will quake in fear.

Where next? Villa park ????
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #557 on: June 15, 2014, 03:58:09 PM »
I've taken the club as far as I can,
I don't have cash to compete with the big boys,
I can't find anyone to buy at a price I want,

I know, Asset strip that's the answer, I'll sell off anything of value, start with the players, we can use kids and has been's.

I'm not going to pay big wages, so, a get a couple of journeymen coaches (AI & TB), them with Deano & Keith who cost peanuts, I'll keep them for now.

The ground and training ground, erm, now let me think, if I can get 75% of the shares, WBA holdings (my alter-ego) could wind up WBAFC all together.  No players of value, no facilities,
then WBA holdings can get rid of the remaining staff

That should get me enough to retire on,

After all 26,000 unwashed customers are of no consequence once WBA holdings have what I deserve,

Vincent Tan, Ken Bates, Randy Lerner, they will be as nothing, when Jeremy Peace is mentioned the footballing world will quake in fear.

Where next? Villa park ????

'Then I can build a shopping centre on the old grounds before the corpse of West Brom goes cold'

Excellent post.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

foolish

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #558 on: June 15, 2014, 06:59:27 PM »
I am embarrassed and gutted by the appointment of alan irvine and at the moment totally anti Peace. With all the hatred towards Peace, fans planning protests and banners,emails ,letters. Will the same fans write him an apology letter if say we sign the right players and get say a top14 finish. Because although most of us would want a named manager like a Sherwood,Jol or trendy kind it does not mean happy endings look at Cardiff and Fulham.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #559 on: June 15, 2014, 07:13:30 PM »
No, the anger is not really directed at Irvine, its about being, treated with contempt, the traditions being eroded, and most offensive of all, being lied to regularly,
For me the ultimate offence was announcing the appointment 14 days after the season ticket closure date, the very day when the option to cancel (cooling off period) expires.

Quite simply a calculated abuse of the customers.

What happens when you abuse customers? they stop doing business with you! Its oft quoted truism that it is 10x harder to find a new customer than to retain an existing one. For a shrewd business man this is appalling business practice.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #560 on: June 15, 2014, 07:27:52 PM »
No, the anger is not really directed at Irvine, its about being, treated with contempt, the traditions being eroded, and most offensive of all, being lied to regularly,
For me the ultimate offence was announcing the appointment 14 days after the season ticket closure date, the very day when the option to cancel (cooling off period) expires.

Quite simply a calculated abuse of the customers.

What happens when you abuse customers? they stop doing business with you! Its oft quoted truism that it is 10x harder to find a new customer than to retain an existing one. For a shrewd business man this is appalling business practice.

Love that, mate. Hence the number of bold selections!

I think there is a gameplan here. Possibilities:

1. Run things down a bit, get the shares he needs ultra cheap, at which point sack Irvine and get someone in who can keep us up. THEN sell.

2. Yoyo endlessly, balloon/ parachute. Kerching.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #561 on: June 15, 2014, 07:29:04 PM »
all of us (me included) that want to protest with our PEACE OUT banners should arrange a time and all go TOGETHER...maybe we will get some media coverage in doing this and really get the ball rolling in getting this Yorkshire tosser away from our beloved club forever

DEMO AT THE GROUND next Saturday at 10:00am against Peace being organised

Spread the word. WE ARE ALBION!

#peaceout

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #562 on: June 15, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »
all of us (me included) that want to protest with our PEACE OUT banners should arrange a time and all go TOGETHER...maybe we will get some media coverage in doing this and really get the ball rolling in getting this Yorkshire tosser away from our beloved club forever

#peaceout

Oh my life.

I really think we should wait before we start doing stuff like this.
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #563 on: June 15, 2014, 07:33:38 PM »
Hes got to go get the twonk out hes killing the pride of the club
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:37:22 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #564 on: June 15, 2014, 07:38:14 PM »
Don't you think it should wait until the summer and see we squad we put together first?

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #565 on: June 15, 2014, 07:38:44 PM »

#peaceout

Please, please reconsider on this unless you can guarantee to amass a lot of people, it would be a total embarrassment and worse still backfire if sky sports ends up showing 6 fans with pi55 poor banners protesting.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #566 on: June 15, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
I'm all for protest (if needs be) but surely you need to let the dust settle and re-assess peoples feelings towards this.

Yes most are angry and something needs to be done but not sure this is the right step yet.

And with all due respect, if people are going to organise something at least get the address correct. Castle Bromwich  :D

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #567 on: June 15, 2014, 07:48:01 PM »
Is there ever a good time to protest? If it's done mid-season people say it's disruptive to the team, there's always an excuse to put it off.

Clubs like Newcastle and Villa will protest because they are big clubs with big club mentalities in their fanbase who won't accept any old rubbish. Sadly that doesn't apply to fans of Albion.

Bring on the Mexican waves.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #568 on: June 15, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »
If you want to organise anything please do it away from this forum
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:45:14 PM by Quakes Fan »

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #569 on: June 15, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »
Is there ever a good time to protest? If it's done mid-season people say it's disruptive to the team, there's always an excuse to put it off.

Clubs like Newcastle and Villa will protest because they are big clubs with big club mentalities in their fanbase who won't accept any old rubbish. Sadly that doesn't apply to fans of Albion.

Bring on the Mexican waves.

Lloydy, we have some of the most forgiving fans around. It takes a lot for our fans to turn out on mass to protest about something. The last time I remember fans really being upset was after the 5-1 defeat against Crewe in the late 90s.

I think protests are great in the correct format. Not one that's been put together slap dash.

What is it going to achieve at the ground, on a Saturday in off season? No one will be there.

People react without thinking. If you want to acheive something you need to think about a plan of action rather than go like a bull in a gate.

Look at the Justice For Jeff, they've had massive publcity and they've done things the right way.

Personally the only way to turn JP's head is to hit him where it hurts, financially.

Protests have their time and place, I don't think this is the right time. Personally I don't think it's too far away though, judging by some people's comments.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #570 on: June 16, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »
I'm copying this from another forum, but I'm sure the author won't mind:

"Mr. Jeremy Peace
West Bromwich Albion Football Club
The Hawthorns
West Bromwich
West Midlands, B71 4LF

Monday 16th June 2014

Dear Mr. Peace,

I write this letter with respect and hope you will extend the same courtesy by reading and reflecting upon my thoughts. I have always been very positive regarding your tenure at the football club and taken great pride in being a club that survives in the Premiership by using its own money carefully and sensibly without reliance on handouts or debt.

In order to give you some background on myself, i have been a season ticket holder at West Bromwich Albion for the last 25 of my 31 years and didn’t miss an away game from 1992 until 2001, i still retain my away season ticket and even though i have a young family continue to follow my team around the country when possible.

After the fantastic 18 months inspired by Roy Hodgson and followed by Steve Clarke’s record Premiership finish, last season was tough, very tough indeed – As fans we had to put up with the following:

• A pre season with Dave McDonough seemingly tearing up all of Dan Ashworth’s sterling work and starting the season with an incomplete and woefully short squad which gifted away our first two home games.

• The awful form and half hearted, turgid displays that lead to the sacking of Steve Clarke (i was at Cardiff and fully agreed with the decision).

• 5 weeks of limbo, incorporating the vital Christmas period, whilst searching for a new Head Coach.

• The appointment of Pepe Mel, with no backroom staff of his own and limited language skills which incorporated a Data Analyst pretending to be a professional football coach. It was apparent very quickly that Pepe didn’t have the respect of the players and very little authority. Not to mention a January transfer window where we sold/released players and recruited only one on loan, who then barely figured.

• A total lack of professionalism and an all round poor attitude from many of our squad, from Nicholas Anelka making right wing political statements in our shirt to Saido Berahino inhaling gas from a balloon during a night out whilst we were fighting for our Premiership lives, I and many others have never felt so thoroughly disconnected with the squad of players who earn more in a single week than many of us muster in a whole year.

The end of season “lap of honour” and toxic atmosphere as we predictably, and pathetically surrendered to Stoke summed things up and i believe was fuelled by one of the worst away performances ever witnessed at Sunderland four days earlier. I walked out at the final whistle as i was still seething with anger after parting with nearly £200 to see us surrender to Arsenal & Sunderland without managing a serious attempt on goal. All in the backdrop of the Justice for Jeff PR disaster.

I was always convinced that last season was a blip, my comments on message boards all came from my observation that you learn from mistakes and that is what established us in the premiership – a prime example being the investment in player wages that came post Mowbray. I was convinced i was right, when you acted swiftly by releasing Pepe Mel & made the statement admitting liability for last season, saying that lessons would be learned, followed by the appointment of Terry Burton and the early, solid signing of Craig Gardner i was even more convinced that a quality Head Coach would be appointed.

How wrong i was.

Mr. Peace, please believe me when i say that the fans of this club have the hangover from hell following last season – it’s like a dark cloud that hangs over us and the various slaps in the face during the season that were delivered by people who should be looking after the supporters has left a bitter taste and cynical outlook. The fact 16,000 people, including myself, renewed season tickets is testament to our durability and loyalty whilst being absolutely nothing to do with condoning or endorsing the decision making of the last 12 months. In that respect, you are very lucky.

Whether Tim Sherwood was the right man or not, he is a coach with recent premiership experience and someone who would have got the fans interested, there are a good few other candidates who would have done the same. I needed a change, a new leader – someone strong and someone who could inspire me and make me fall back in love with the team (i say team – because I will always love the club, long after the people who work within it have departed).

At first i thought it was a joke, but it’s not - you’ve appointed Alan Irvine, a man who has been sacked from both of his previous senior roles – one of which was in League 1. The fans of both Preston & Sheffield Wednesday bemoaned his negative style of play. Read the paragraph above and please justify why you think a man with this record is going to please us?

You need to be fully aware that this appointment has all the hallmarks of an unmitigated disaster – we have a squad that needs upwards of 10 new players, a new head coach who has failed in all of this previous senior roles & hasn’t been offered another one until now mixed with a fanbase who have never felt so detached from the club and it’s players. Do you really think patience is going to be evident in the crowd? We are more divided and angry than ever.

You’ve made a mockery of my continued faith in your chairmanship when many others were saying otherwise.

You’ve alienated supporters.

You’ve made many long standing supporters simply give in.

You’ve made the last four season hard work irrelevant.

You’ve let us down, badly.

Some fans have had enough and have lost faith all together, although there will still be thousands of us in the ground next season, but it will be out of blind loyalty because believe me, this latest decision of a diabolical 12 months could well end up being the one that costs us our Premiership status.

I hope I’m wrong, i hope it’s another “rabbit out of the hat” – but these seemed to cease with Dan Ashworth sadly leaving the club.
Please, I’m begging you, digest the above because it is a true representation of how things stand.

Only you can make a difference.

Kind Regards
, "

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #571 on: June 16, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »
b) Operate at a profit

The third point is the key to Jeremy's Game Theory (I mean maths/probability, not football!).

Appoint blustering Sherwood, who's tried to play hardball over his own staff??  Goes well, fine.  Goes toxic, relegation, club in a complete mess, Jeremy's model broken.   Appoint Irvine?  Goes well, Jeremy looks very clever.  Goes toxic, relegated, club in a bit of a mess, model intact, reboot with champ manager.

He's chosen the option with the least worst possibilities for outcomes.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #572 on: June 16, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
Don't you think it should wait until the summer and see we squad we put together first?

No
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #573 on: June 16, 2014, 07:32:27 PM »
Where does he live.My misses is throwing out a few bed sheets
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #574 on: June 16, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »
I'm copying this from another forum, but I'm sure the author won't mind:

"Mr. Jeremy Peace
West Bromwich Albion Football Club
The Hawthorns
West Bromwich
West Midlands, B71 4LF

Monday 16th June 2014

Dear Mr. Peace,

I write this letter with respect and hope you will extend the same courtesy by reading and reflecting upon my thoughts. I have always been very positive regarding your tenure at the football club and taken great pride in being a club that survives in the Premiership by using its own money carefully and sensibly without reliance on handouts or debt.

In order to give you some background on myself, i have been a season ticket holder at West Bromwich Albion for the last 25 of my 31 years and didn’t miss an away game from 1992 until 2001, i still retain my away season ticket and even though i have a young family continue to follow my team around the country when possible.

After the fantastic 18 months inspired by Roy Hodgson and followed by Steve Clarke’s record Premiership finish, last season was tough, very tough indeed – As fans we had to put up with the following:

• A pre season with Dave McDonough seemingly tearing up all of Dan Ashworth’s sterling work and starting the season with an incomplete and woefully short squad which gifted away our first two home games.

• The awful form and half hearted, turgid displays that lead to the sacking of Steve Clarke (i was at Cardiff and fully agreed with the decision).

• 5 weeks of limbo, incorporating the vital Christmas period, whilst searching for a new Head Coach.

• The appointment of Pepe Mel, with no backroom staff of his own and limited language skills which incorporated a Data Analyst pretending to be a professional football coach. It was apparent very quickly that Pepe didn’t have the respect of the players and very little authority. Not to mention a January transfer window where we sold/released players and recruited only one on loan, who then barely figured.

• A total lack of professionalism and an all round poor attitude from many of our squad, from Nicholas Anelka making right wing political statements in our shirt to Saido Berahino inhaling gas from a balloon during a night out whilst we were fighting for our Premiership lives, I and many others have never felt so thoroughly disconnected with the squad of players who earn more in a single week than many of us muster in a whole year.

The end of season “lap of honour” and toxic atmosphere as we predictably, and pathetically surrendered to Stoke summed things up and i believe was fuelled by one of the worst away performances ever witnessed at Sunderland four days earlier. I walked out at the final whistle as i was still seething with anger after parting with nearly £200 to see us surrender to Arsenal & Sunderland without managing a serious attempt on goal. All in the backdrop of the Justice for Jeff PR disaster.

I was always convinced that last season was a blip, my comments on message boards all came from my observation that you learn from mistakes and that is what established us in the premiership – a prime example being the investment in player wages that came post Mowbray. I was convinced i was right, when you acted swiftly by releasing Pepe Mel & made the statement admitting liability for last season, saying that lessons would be learned, followed by the appointment of Terry Burton and the early, solid signing of Craig Gardner i was even more convinced that a quality Head Coach would be appointed.

How wrong i was.

Mr. Peace, please believe me when i say that the fans of this club have the hangover from hell following last season – it’s like a dark cloud that hangs over us and the various slaps in the face during the season that were delivered by people who should be looking after the supporters has left a bitter taste and cynical outlook. The fact 16,000 people, including myself, renewed season tickets is testament to our durability and loyalty whilst being absolutely nothing to do with condoning or endorsing the decision making of the last 12 months. In that respect, you are very lucky.

Whether Tim Sherwood was the right man or not, he is a coach with recent premiership experience and someone who would have got the fans interested, there are a good few other candidates who would have done the same. I needed a change, a new leader – someone strong and someone who could inspire me and make me fall back in love with the team (i say team – because I will always love the club, long after the people who work within it have departed).

At first i thought it was a joke, but it’s not - you’ve appointed Alan Irvine, a man who has been sacked from both of his previous senior roles – one of which was in League 1. The fans of both Preston & Sheffield Wednesday bemoaned his negative style of play. Read the paragraph above and please justify why you think a man with this record is going to please us?

You need to be fully aware that this appointment has all the hallmarks of an unmitigated disaster – we have a squad that needs upwards of 10 new players, a new head coach who has failed in all of this previous senior roles & hasn’t been offered another one until now mixed with a fanbase who have never felt so detached from the club and it’s players. Do you really think patience is going to be evident in the crowd? We are more divided and angry than ever.

You’ve made a mockery of my continued faith in your chairmanship when many others were saying otherwise.

You’ve alienated supporters.

You’ve made many long standing supporters simply give in.

You’ve made the last four season hard work irrelevant.

You’ve let us down, badly.

Some fans have had enough and have lost faith all together, although there will still be thousands of us in the ground next season, but it will be out of blind loyalty because believe me, this latest decision of a diabolical 12 months could well end up being the one that costs us our Premiership status.

I hope I’m wrong, i hope it’s another “rabbit out of the hat” – but these seemed to cease with Dan Ashworth sadly leaving the club.
Please, I’m begging you, digest the above because it is a true representation of how things stand.

Only you can make a difference.

Kind Regards
, "

Sums up my feelings exactly ....