Author Topic: The Booing's got to stop  (Read 85310 times)

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

Re: The Booing's got to stop
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
I'm still waiting for an answer from those who are passionately against any form of negativity as to what fans should do in the hypothetical situation of the team going on a 10 game losing streak.

When I say 'any form of negativity', I include individuals shouting at players (as I have admitted to doing), as well as booing (which I've made clear I don't personally do).

So who is this related to exactly? I don't see the point in putting 'those'? Just reply to them directly, or ask them upfront. If needs be, take it to a personal message.

If this relates to me, I've already posted above that I swear, shout and wave my arms around at players, but I draw the line at booing. It has a different effect.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2014, 11:49:46 AM »
So who is this related to exactly? I don't see the point in putting 'those'? Just reply to them directly, or ask them upfront. If needs be, take it to a personal message.

If this relates to me, I've already posted above that I swear, shout and wave my arms around at players, but I draw the line at booing. It has a different effect.

Much the same for me. Couple of times last season Ridgewell narked me to the point of shouting at him, but I wouldn't ever boo him, or the team.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »
One thing booing individual players achieves is it lets the coaching staff know fans don't rate them. Normally unlikely to make any difference but can work. Peter Odemwingie warming up to come on at the end of 2012/13 for example. Clarke bottled the sub.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »

I noted your response earlier to the question earlier - it didn't really address the crux of the point I was making.

Your second paragraph puts you in line with some of the things I have been known to do at games. Now, there are posts in this thread where any kind of negativity (be that boo, shout, groan, tut etc) has been lambasted with variety of terms (fickle, for example) labelled on those who are negative to varying extents (I'm afraid if you shout at players, you've joined the dark side).

If calling out a player who is not putting in the effort makes me so fickle then so be it. However, I'm still interested to know what those banding such terms around would do if performances and effort levels went downhill big time (for example, we lose 10 games on the bounce with poor attitudes from the players). If they think that the response should be to get behind the team even more then fair enough - I applaud them. Nevertheless, I'm putting forward that it is also a perfectly understandable reaction to get upset that your support of the team is not being replicated by the players. Some may choose to boo, others (like me and you) might express our feelings by shouting. Posts like "go down the wolves", "you're not wanted" lack any empathy for an alternative viewpoint.

You'll struggle to find a prouder Albion fan than me (travelled round the country, spent thousands yadda yadda yadda, chant like a maniac all match). That said, occasionally I get upset with team/individual performances and vent this frustration by shouting, commenting...whatever. In the eyes of some, this may make me a poor excuse of a supporter. That's their opinion - fair enough. But as I mentioned in an earlier post: the day I sit silently and clap until my heart's content is the day I start watching rugby.

Anyway, I've said my bit; I'm finished with this topic now.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »
Thinking there may be some booing today.. . And fully deserved ?
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »
if they play rubbish boooo them shows your feeling , don't agree should stop if playing well and having ago theres no booooing simples .

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2014, 11:32:21 PM »
Boos at half time (audible) and full time (drowned out by the home fans). Glad a few stayed to give the lads a clap.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #257 on: August 30, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »
Didn't boo, didn't clap. There was nothing to clap them for. Half arsed effort to come over to the fans after an half arsed effort on the pitch.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #258 on: August 30, 2014, 11:51:06 PM »
Didn't boo, didn't clap. There was nothing to clap them for. Half arsed effort to come over to the fans after an half arsed effort on the pitch.

I didn't clap either mate, couldn't bring myself to get out of chair for about 5 minutes after the whistle.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #259 on: August 31, 2014, 12:00:53 AM »
All I can say is the players are lucky I live in Oz because if I was there they would have been happy for some pantomime booing.

Don't agree with it in general but respect fans who travel away and witness that rubbish to choose to boo or not.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2014, 05:55:57 PM »
I've advocated not booing players for making mistakes or not being good enough in general. But when there's a distinct lack of effort, no passion or drive to do your damn job, don't expect anything else.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2014, 06:15:34 PM »
Told a guy to do one at half time for booing. Knew there would be boos at full time but what got me was the booing of the players when they went to clap the fans. That's just pathetic. Also had a guy flip Gardner off when he was clapping us. Needs a bloody slap that man does.

He/him

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2014, 06:34:46 PM »
The boings got to stop? It hasn't even started yet....

Why should people turn up and accept ineptitude?

So of our players are paid vast amounts of money for not being anywhere near good enough.

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
i only boo chris brunt cause he is a pile of pooh he had been rubbish for a few years now he has to be dropped

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »
Boo more, useless the lot of them.
Baggie in Southampton

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2014, 06:53:40 PM »
it will get worse in coming months

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2014, 07:01:49 PM »
The boings got to stop? It hasn't even started yet....

Why should people turn up and accept ineptitude?

So of our players are paid vast amounts of money for not being anywhere near good enough.

Spot on. They're taking our money and paying us back with the worst display i can recall seeing. I don't hold with booing. Nor do I hold with this lacklustre version of my club.

I wouldn't be half as angry if Irvine knew how to pick a team. All the toffee centres are in the tub and he keeps picking out the orange flavour....
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
Personally I like the orange creams. I think we are more like the old coconut ones. They were discontinued like many of our midfield should be!

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2014, 07:12:02 PM »
Spot on. They're taking our money and paying us back with the worst display i can recall seeing. I don't hold with booing. Nor do I hold with this lacklustre version of my club.

I wouldn't be half as angry if Irvine knew how to pick a team. All the toffee centres are in the tub and he keeps picking out the orange flavour....
If I choose to boo I will as much as I will cheer if I feel I want to.

These incredibly high earners are in the entertainment business; we pay a lot to watch so don't start telling us to cut out the boos.

They are grown men who should understand being booed means they are not doing their job.

Halesowen Town for me until this manager is out; ridiculous decision from day one.

Utterly poor today;

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2014, 07:16:35 PM »
I can understand fans showing their displeasure at fulltime but booing brunt and sarcastically clapping as he was substituted was nothing short of embarrassing.

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »
Halesowen Town for me until this manager is out; ridiculous decision from day one.

Utterly poor today;
Mate I said that and will continue to do so, I have become very dissolutioned with the premier league & the Albion, too much money and no heart!
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2014, 07:22:21 PM »
When the club charge £40 a ticket for the absolute rubbish served up today, I think fans are entitled to boo as much as they like
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2014, 07:24:14 PM »
I can understand fans showing their displeasure at fulltime but booing brunt and sarcastically clapping as he was substituted was nothing short of embarrassing.
its embarrassing getting paid twenty plus grand a week for the performances he puts in, been a good servant but now hes past it. 

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #273 on: September 13, 2014, 07:25:59 PM »
Given that fans bemoan a lack of effort, I thought Brunt's effort today was decent. His final ball, however, was poor.

He/him

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #274 on: September 13, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
No way should Brunt (or Poc for that matter) have been substituted everything remotely good came down the left. Nothing from the other side at all.