Author Topic: The Booing's got to stop  (Read 84689 times)

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

Re: The Booing's got to stop
« Reply #400 on: September 17, 2014, 12:15:24 AM »
Maybe I've only been a supporter for a few years but in my opinion there has been far too much vitriol in recent weeks but in my opinion we weren't as bad as people were quite suggesting Saturday. Ok we weren't an amazing standard and Everton were good value for their win but I did see some spirit at times although we slow the game down a lot. I've got total belief we can beat the drop, but we need belief we can win games also.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #401 on: September 17, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »
your right and im sure gould came out and stood in front of the brummie.

Correct, he tried to face down the whole of the BRE, error of judgement!!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #402 on: September 17, 2014, 10:17:21 AM »
Does anyone else remember a centre forward we had (about 1986?) called Stewart Evans. He wasn't very good! He was given some right stick by the brummie rd during one game, against Millwall I think. I recall him missing from 2 yards out towards the end of the match. I don't think he ever played again after that!

Albion fans venting frustration at poor decisions is nothing new!

Oh blimey. Reading that post was quite traumatic for me. It brings back all sorts of memories of the 1986-7 season, the first after our embarrassing relegation from the
old Div 1.

Evans arrived from Wimbledon who in turn made their debut in the old Division One (i.e. top flight) that season. The irony has never been lost on me that one of the strikers SOLD ON by Ron Saunders and that Evans replaced was a certain Steve Bull. I think Evans left before the 87-8 season, sold to Rotherham I think.

Your post gave me a horrible flashback, because I have a clear memory of him missing a sitter just like that.

I also remember during the very same season that Darren Bradley was getting exactly the same kind of stick that Brunt is getting now. This still does not make it right. Singling out a particular player is a form of bullying in my view.

There were a fair few demonstrations that 86-7 season and in seasons after that, but a particular low point for me that  I seem to remember was  against Sunderland at home. At that stage there was a lingering possibility that the Albion could still be relegated IIRC. I remember it was p-ing down with rain which is wholly appropriate. Sunderland were 2-0 up by half time, which caused loads of Albion fans at the front of the Brummie where I was to start hurling their scarves onto the pitch, much to the bemusement of the Sunderland keeper.

Even when we got two goals back to level half of the Albion crowd were booing. It was THAT sort of mood. I remember that "Sack the Board" was a regular chant in those days as well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:20:12 AM by Rheneas »

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #403 on: September 17, 2014, 10:20:21 AM »
Some people are forgetting, this isn't just about AI and the first 4 games.

This about the last 18 months. We've won 1 home game out of the last 12. Even though the draws against Spurs and Cardiff were heart-wrenching, at least the crowd saw some attacking football, and more importantly, goals.

The booing is not 'vitriol' - it's frustration, aimed at the players, the management, but more importantly the hierarchy of the club, who despite their many good decisions this summer, got the main one wrong: AI.

If we don't beat Burnley at home then AI will have to be removed imo. Peace will then use international break to find a replacement.

Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #404 on: September 17, 2014, 01:04:23 PM »
Some people are forgetting, this isn't just about AI and the first 4 games.

This about the last 18 months. We've won 1 home game out of the last 12. Even though the draws against Spurs and Cardiff were heart-wrenching, at least the crowd saw some attacking football, and more importantly, goals.

The booing is not 'vitriol' - it's frustration, aimed at the players, the management, but more importantly the hierarchy of the club, who despite their many good decisions this summer, got the main one wrong: AI.

If we don't beat Burnley at home then AI will have to be removed imo. Peace will then use international break to find a replacement.

Absolutely spot-on mate!