Author Topic: Pre Season Positives  (Read 2016 times)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

Pre Season Positives
« on: July 26, 2019, 10:05:57 PM »
From what I have seen there are positives that we can work on. Dara looks to me like he can make the step up, Leko looks more intelligent, Furlong looks decent, Semi is raw but promising, Kricko is obvious quality and if Field cant get a game I give up
Gera, Gera, Gera

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Pre Season Positives
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 10:11:53 PM »
Yes, a good solid basis.
A few tweaks.
polish up the passing...the 10 to 20 metres need to be improved.
Midfield and strikers need to hang out in clear space and all should be "expecting" the ball at any time from any angle.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 01:30:35 AM »
I disagree with Leko looking more intelligent. He still looks, acts and plays half dozy. Lads clearly got talent but has no sense of direction.

Agree with the rest though.

Dara reminds me of Jonny Evans a bit. His style, his attitude. He looks like a future captain to me. I was also very impressed with Ferguson. Looked strong, fast and mentally switched on.

The biggest positive for me is seeing Slav on the touchline. He kicked every ball tonight and often got the fans applauding after a chance was missed. How can you not love this man!

And also, something else. His assistants look like they all work for the same team, like they know what's going on and that the plan before the game is what's actually happening. I hate to talk about the past, but it always felt like no one was actually in charge. We stumbled from one game to another. Now we seem to have a plan. It's so heartwarming to see. I've honestly felt stressed watching Albion for years.

Brombo97

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 11:57:38 AM »
I agree with Baggie79, I thought Leko looked much more aware than he's done in the past. Thought he did well when he came on last night.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 12:35:13 PM »
Positives?

Managed to watch part of last night's game on a link and Scunthorpe away was a good urine up.

There endeth my pre season, roll on August 3rd and The City Ground.

COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 12:46:42 PM »
A major positive for me is if you include O'Shea and Ferguson in the first team squad we actually have two players for every position in the 4-2-3-1 and in almost all of those positions there's not a massive difference in quality between the two players. That is very important in a long, slog of a Championship season, we have a really strong squad in that respect. We just really need to introduce some quality in the final third. A couple of top forwards on loan and we're in business.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 12:48:31 PM by Atomic »

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 04:53:04 PM »
We needed a cull of the squad & it happend at a pace that aloud us time to get in the right replacments in.
I'm Very exicted for the coming season. Fingers x for a cherrie or two just to top it off
COYB ;)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 10:44:39 PM »
For me, all the positives, from player performance, the style of play, players attitudes, culture and philosophy are all down to one man, Slaven Bilić, he is the positive.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.