1 (0.3%)
Marco Silva
4 (1.2%)
Other (British based coach)
6 (1.9%)
Other (Foreign based coach)
19 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: New Manager Thread 2020 (Archive)  (Read 446699 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: New Manager Thread
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2021, 05:15:09 PM »
Sheffield United speaking to Slavisa Jokanovic, who I wanted when Moore was sacked. Now managing in Qatar.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2021, 05:40:27 PM »
The back four picks itself out of five players  and have been much better , the team seems much fitter / improved stamina . While it hasn't been enough to starve off relegation the blue print seems to have finally sunk in , yes the loan players would need replacing but I'd trust him to do that and change tactics slightly to suit the league we will be in .
Much sooner that than rip up the tactics and start again with the likes of the Wilder. 
O'Shea ? Sam loves him .Grady and Grant will get a chance, I like Edwards but the rest haven't been up to it  .
Yes, Sawyers not good enough, Livermore past it, Edwards running out of chances but the other three will get a decent chance in the champ and are young enough to learn/develop.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2021, 07:24:04 PM »
I might just duck for cover when I say this but... I would like to see Sawyers in with Yokuslu in these last 3 games.
Sawyers can run a Champ midfield with a proper DM alongside IMO

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2021, 07:29:00 PM »
How has building started ??,
the only incoming is Snodgrass who seems to be injured a long time. IF somehow we can keep 2 of Okay / Diagne or Gallagher then you will have a start but only IF.
I suggest its been more a demolition with OUR players ostracised (Diangana / Grant / Kipre / Sawyers / Livermore / edwardes / O'Shea largely)

Some of those players can have no complaints about being ostracised. They have not been good enough. The fact they were shoved into the cold has done us a favour.

I don’t agree with your dara O’Shea assertion - here’s the stats under Allardyce

Games: 22
Started: 18

That’s not being ostracised whatever way you look at it
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2021, 07:37:35 PM »
I might just duck for cover when I say this but... I would like to see Sawyers in with Yokuslu in these last 3 games.

I agree I'd start dropping the likes of AMN and Gallagher now they aren't going to be here next season. Start Sawyers and Diangana.

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2021, 08:23:23 PM »

I agree entirely - I have said for ages I would like to see Sawyers play with a proper DM behind him. Questionable whether he has the potential to be Premier League quality, but I think to be fair we have to recognize that he was played out of position this year from game one through to when Okay joined us, and by January looked like he had PTSD. I am probably in the minority holding out hope for Sawyers next year, but I genuinely do. Hopefully Allardyce will give him a chance in the next couple of games.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2021, 09:02:21 PM »
I agree entirely - I have said for ages I would like to see Sawyers play with a proper DM behind him. Questionable whether he has the potential to be Premier League quality, but I think to be fair we have to recognize that he was played out of position this year from game one through to when Okay joined us, and by January looked like he had PTSD. I am probably in the minority holding out hope for Sawyers next year, but I genuinely do. Hopefully Allardyce will give him a chance in the next couple of games.

How about giving Sawyers a game in his preferred position...an attacking midfielder??

Just a thought.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2021, 09:07:33 PM »
How about giving Sawyers a game in his preferred position...an attacking midfielder??

Just a thought.

Not really been a genuine attacking midfielder since his Walsall days. I agree with others would be interesting to see him next to Yokuslu and see if there’s any improvement. 

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2021, 09:42:05 PM »
Sawyers has been played out of his role for bleedin ages. Trying to make him into a proper DM was stupid.
I think he has it in him to be a championship level playmaker, a Greening type player that keeps the ball ticking over. Just needs someone to cover for him (that isn't Livermore)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2021, 10:01:56 PM »
Yokuslu sitting with two more advanced midfielders in front of him, one being Sawyers. I believe the technical phrases i've seen are Yokuslu as a 5 with a double 8 pivot?!

Anyway...I wouldn't be unhappy with Allardyce, I wouldn't be unhappy with Wilder if that falls through but the system he likes with our squad worries me. Jokanovic would be great too.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2021, 10:23:17 PM »
Sheffield United speaking to Slavisa Jokanovic, who I wanted when Moore was sacked. Now managing in Qatar.

Good manager. I voted for him as it goes.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2021, 11:17:05 AM »

It's not a good look when your ability too function effectively on a football pitch is reliant on having a particularly good player alongside you.

I suspect this is what happened in England's so-called golden age when the likes of Gerrard and Lampard only looked world-class because they were playing in top six sides stuffed with world class players.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2021, 01:39:28 PM »
Personally I like Jokanovic and would be really interested. Albion manager searches always feels like Bullseye....“Here’s what you could have won!”

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2021, 02:53:05 PM »
Personally I like Jokanovic and would be really interested. Albion manager searches always feels like Bullseye....“Here’s what you could have won!”

Too true - just like our player searches. Ivan Toney anyone...?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2021, 04:35:34 PM »

Just a thought.

Said for over a year if you played Sawyers in a 3 with one of those being a proper DM, he would look a different player.

Sawyers in the middle with AMN and Okay and I reckon you see a good player.

Back on topic, I’d prefer Sam over Wilder. I think this squad would need to much of an overhaul for Wilders tactics, and the fact he thought Burke was better than Robinson is enough for me to steer clear.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2021, 05:32:02 PM »

Following Darren Moore's sacking I remember it being rumoured/ITK leaked that we'd been in negotiations with Jokanovic prior to Darren getting the boot.

That we'd come to an outline agreement for his package only for him to up his wishes considerably once Darren was actually sacked. If that's the case (if....) and he stiffed us then he can get stuffed now as far as I'm concerned.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

bigcyrille

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2021, 05:51:02 PM »
I can see Hodgson coming back. I've heard he hates it at Palace and would be keen to come back.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2021, 05:58:20 PM »
I can see Hodgson coming back. I've heard he hates it at Palace and would be keen to come back.

Would love it :)

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2021, 05:58:42 PM »
I'd have Roy Hodgson back for sure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2021, 06:03:34 PM »
Roy Hodgson who, and again I can't be bothered to check, has never been promoted out of the Championship... in fact has he ever even done a season down there?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

bigcyrille

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2021, 06:22:05 PM »
Roy Hodgson who, and again I can't be bothered to check, has never been promoted out of the Championship... in fact has he ever even done a season down there?
Bristol City early 80's!

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2021, 06:40:51 PM »
No thanks

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2021, 06:49:36 PM »
What about Lampard?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2021, 06:50:44 PM »
What about Lampard?

Awful manager so far in his career.