Author Topic: Dean Kiely on Twitter  (Read 43264 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Dean Kiely on Twitter
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2011, 11:09:26 PM »
Gera had massive issues as a youth anf fought them. They were long conqured years and years before he came to us?!

Bednar brought some coke and pot for him and his mates....

NRC i'm not so sure on, could be ok... but i think we have better options currently. If we got Foster i'd be amazingly cuffed. Hope Dean hasn't got our hopes up too high!

Wrong...

He bought it for his missus...his drug test was clear

As for people not wanting Barton your all mad..absolute top quality footballer..he might be a bit of a c0ck at times but if we are to establish ourselves and keep moving forward then these are the players we should be buying

If we were too not buy players based on their personalities we would be playing League 2 football...
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2011, 11:16:27 PM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh....nothing happened. :'( Maybe tomorrow... eh?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »

If we were too not buy players based on their personalities we would be playing League 2 football...
Sorry, but I can't agree with that.
You cannot surely believe we will take anyone who has a 'personality' regardless of other faults?
I've got no problems with eccentrics in football - we've had some great characters over the years.
Barton is an ****hole, pure and simple. 
We can do without him.

Welease_Woger

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2011, 11:37:38 PM »
Re: Barton. Disruptive personality or what? Sometimes being a very good footballer is not enough, you need to have the respect of your team mates.

Rich99

« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2011, 11:42:09 PM »
If Newcastle aren't willing to give Barton what he wants I doubt we would.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »

Wrong...

He bought it for his missus...his drug test was clear

ok, fine, for his misses then. Still a million miles better than constantly beating up people you don't like. I'm not against the guy because he made "a mistake", i'm against him as he's a vicious prat who can bring only shame to us. What are we, birmingham??? We're a family club with values. If we start buying people beause they're good footballers, regardless of the constant physical beatings they give out to team mates then the soul of the club is gone and there's no point?
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2011, 11:51:46 PM »
Never in a million years would I want that bell end near our club. A first grade ****. I'd rather have a whole squad of good players like we have now than a few better players dotted around that would cause havoc in the dressing room. I mean do you really want tp hear about there being a punch up or something in the dressing room or at training, no, it would be an embarrassment to the club and that is the reason why the likes of barton will never be welcome in my eyes
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

texisonfire

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2011, 11:52:57 PM »
Have we been linked with Barton or something?
There are two great teams in the Black Country. West Bromwich Albion and West Bromwich Albion reserves.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2011, 11:55:57 PM »
Sorry, but I can't agree with that.
You cannot surely believe we will take anyone who has a 'personality' regardless of other faults?
I've got no problems with eccentrics in football - we've had some great characters over the years.
Barton is an ****hole, pure and simple. 
We can do without him.
I don't agree with it either. Maybe players who get a bit stroppy from time to time or players who have a bit of an ego I can accept, but Barton is a step too far. You hit the nail on the head - Barton is a complete and utter ****hole. He's a thug who has assaulted members of the public, opposition players and even his own team mates. Also he's extremely arrogant, he's stormed out of the ground in the past when he's not been picked and there are strong suggestions that he's racist. Do I want a person like that wearing the shirt? No. Also I think squad unity and camaraderie is extremely important, something which seems to be quite strong in our group of players. Why would a manager want to bring in a player who'd destroy all that? Besides, I haven't really seen anything from him to suggest that he's that great a player anyway - certainly not a 'top quality footballer'.

It'd be interesting to see what Barton's face would look like after Olsson is finished with him, but that's about it.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »
I guess the WOW!!! happening must be arriving soon then as the team as probably leaving for America over the weekend so hold on to your hats lads!
There again I wonder if Dean was just being facitious :-X

dinkydave2003

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2011, 01:47:05 PM »
Chris L is doing his best to calm people down pointing out deano has been away for a while and may just be reacting to what to everyone else is old gossip/speculation. Not sure I buy that reasoning to be honest.

i had to lol at the thought of CL hands aloft trying to calm down hoards of albion fans down whilst at the same time deano has a cheeky grin on his face!!  :D
When you're sitting on the top, its hard to hear you from way up here.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2011, 01:56:22 PM »
i had to lol at the thought of CL hands aloft trying to calm down hoards of albion fans down whilst at the same time deano has a cheeky grin on his face!!  :D
Thats not the case though as Deano tweeted the next day saying he is not dealing in media speculation he is dealing in facts! You lil' tease Deano!!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »
Thats not the case though as Deano tweeted the next day saying he is not dealing in media speculation he is dealing in facts! You lil' tease Deano!!

I actually found it funny Chris assuming that Dean got his information from media speculation... he soon put him right.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »
It's obviously annoying to try for the top level players and miss out. But i'd far rather that than not having tried for them at all?!

Nice of Deano to give us a tiny insight. I'd like to know what happened at some point, although i know they won't tell us now!

If it turns out we tried for 2 or 3 "wow" players and for various reasons it didn't work then we can't complain. At least we tried!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2011, 05:08:20 PM »
so loads of fans (includinng myself) and have been disappointed as the players are leaving for America over the weekend so these "Wow" signings etc  looks like its not going to happen.

Unless we unveil 2-3 players tomorrow which with the albion, is near impossible.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »
In fairness to deano he did say 'if it comes off wow' if anyone chose to get carried away with that that's not his fault.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2011, 05:13:14 PM »
Not too mention he did say next 7-10 days...last saturday. Just because the teams going to America, doesn't mean we can't sign anybody.

Rich99

« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2011, 05:32:45 PM »
Billy Jones and Gareth McAuley have been presented as Albion players today.

baggieyank

« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2011, 05:04:34 PM »
The suspense is killing me!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »
I really wished he hadn't of mentioned anything and raised hopes.............nothing of a 'WOW' factor seems even remotely linked at present ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Sussex-Baggie

« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »
I really wished he hadn't of mentioned anything and raised hopes.............nothing of a 'WOW' factor seems even remotely linked at present ?

That is the way I am beginning to think now, as I thought when he posted about the 'WOW' factor on Twitter last weekend that there were one or two deals on the verge of completion?

Quite a few supporters have asked him on there over the last few days whether anything is going to happen, but he has not replied to any of them. I'm guessing whichever deals were being spoken out within the club have fallen through, or Dean Kiely totally exaggerated his comment last weekend.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »
Quite a few supporters have asked him on there over the last few days whether anything is going to happen, but he has not replied to any of them.

You would thonk he would know how the club do business by now wouldn't you !   :D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:40:17 PM by AlbionBest »

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »
If there ain't nothing happening then he should make another statement to clarify. If you make a broad sweeping statement like that then you can't just keep people guessing.

Can't really say that I  personally expected much anyway, regardless of the statement...

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »
In fairness to him,he never said anything was definite did he? ""very exicited about the next 7-10 days at the baggies. Ifall falls into place then WOW!!!! Fingers crossed everyone"

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »
To be fair to him, that's true but just wished he hadn't said anything !!!