Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 492060 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #2800 on: August 05, 2021, 12:34:41 AM »
There’s already an agreement for him to go. Putting in a transfer request will change absolutely nothing.
no he's agreed terms but clubs haven't agreed fee in fact club have reported the Saudi blades to eufa for tapping our player.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2801 on: August 05, 2021, 01:24:39 AM »
IF the club end up selling Pereira to a Saudi team for less than £25m then I am going to be extremely suspicious of the owner and what has actually played out. If Lai was wiling to engineer a deal five months ago to ensure money stayed off the official books and went straight to his Chinese business as the times reported then what's to say the same thing isn't playing out this summer. Worse, if anything like that does play out we will very likely never get to the bottom of it as your talking two autocratic and secretive countries, China and Saudi Arabia. Quite easy for a business man to transfer money into China from Saudi and we would be none the wiser.

To be clear, I'm not saying that is happening, I am saying it was been reported the owner was up for it in January which is very worrying and if we are selling him for £17m or £20m then serious questions need to be asked.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2802 on: August 05, 2021, 03:39:30 AM »
Romano claiming deal done with a 3am tweet. Medical tomorrow.

Gutted.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2803 on: August 05, 2021, 05:27:18 AM »
IT'S A DIFFERENT CLUB IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY.

Thanks for clarifying that.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2804 on: August 05, 2021, 06:02:33 AM »
I wonder if we get first dibs for him when he gets fed up of living in that country, just saying

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2805 on: August 05, 2021, 06:52:03 AM »
Don't know why we're all getting worked up, it's always been this way at the Albion, buy big sell low, or players just want to move on. We need to move on too, buy into Vi's way and build for the future. We want/need long term stability, but then again this is football, if VI does well he'll probably move on too, it's the way it is, the way it's always been.
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2806 on: August 05, 2021, 07:17:33 AM »
Don't know why we're all getting worked up, it's always been this way at the Albion, buy big sell low, or players just want to move on. We need to move on too, buy into Vi's way and build for the future. We want/need long term stability, but then again this is football, if VI does well he'll probably move on too, it's the way it is, the way it's always been.
We are getting more than we paid.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2807 on: August 05, 2021, 07:20:09 AM »
We are getting more than we paid.

In a market where player valuations have moved backwards unless you’re one of the best in the world.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2808 on: August 05, 2021, 07:29:02 AM »
There’s already an agreement for him to go. Putting in a transfer request will change absolutely nothing.

Any agreement that he can go but have some conditions, such as a minimum price.

This really will begin to look very dodgy indeed if the club doesn't receive anything like his obvious market value (certainly anything under £20m).  What Pereira gets in wages is irrelevant. 

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2809 on: August 05, 2021, 07:31:58 AM »
We signed Pereira for £8m last summer, he was poor between september and middle of january and if somebody had offered us £13m in january, Chance to make a £5m profit on somebody who had done nothing upto that point it would of been tempting.

From middle of january he was brilliant, that may of coincided with the news that came out last month that we was looking to sell back then, but from then til end of the season he was great and that covered up his form at the start of the season.

With a £25m asking price, we are hoping to make triple money on somebody who had four good months in the top flight, had he had four good months at the start of last season and then played poor the last four months of the season i am not sure the asking price would be so high.

Even now, with it supposedly being a £17m fee, it would seem a bargain,  you would think some premier league clubs would match that but nobody has it seems, there is something that is putting these clubs off, they look at things different to us fans.

With him being so vocal about his reasons for wanting to go and it being money motivated, should the deal fall through, he will be on between £15k (if its flex down) or £30k a week (money most of us can only dream of) but its still around 70-80% less than he would be earning in saudi and for somebody who seems money motivated that would bother them massively.

his effort the last couple of weeks has seen him now training away from the first team, if things fall through, do we really see him busting a gut to fit in with vals ways? He will probably turn up for training and remain professional but val said himself its all or nothing and if Pereira doesnt go this window, i assume he will want to
January so you have him stuck round the place til then, he certainly wont gain in value.

We have to get the best deal we can with whats on the table, no other clubs are biting at £17m which i would imagine Albion would hope would flush bids from potential parties, we have £17m bid from one club with a player being very vocal why he wants to go therw, our negotiation stance has become very difficult especially with us apparently needing the money to strengthen.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 07:33:30 AM by Albion79 »

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2810 on: August 05, 2021, 07:34:21 AM »
So, right up there in the top 6 of the best players I've ever seen in am Albion shirt being given away....and Villa pay 30m for Ings.....and M. City are paying 100m for Grealish. Really? Our board are clueless.

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2811 on: August 05, 2021, 07:44:31 AM »
So, right up there in the top 6 of the best players I've ever seen in am Albion shirt being given away....and Villa pay 30m for Ings.....and M. City are paying 100m for Grealish. Really? Our board are clueless.

Is every club in Europe clueless for not buying Pereira or evening bidding for him. I find it strange that one has bothered to try to get him.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 07:47:32 AM by MBWBA »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2812 on: August 05, 2021, 07:52:03 AM »

The board may or may not be clueless. What is without doubt is that they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The Saudi wage offer has blown all sensible negotiations clean out of the water.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2813 on: August 05, 2021, 07:52:42 AM »
Could be awkward if/when Adam Armstrong moves for more money in the same week.
Boing Boing

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2814 on: August 05, 2021, 07:53:56 AM »
Could be awkward if/when Adam Armstrong moves for more money in the same week.

I recon a lot of players will go for more money. But he won’t be paid £135,000 after tax

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2815 on: August 05, 2021, 07:56:27 AM »
The board may or may not be clueless. What is without doubt is that they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The Saudi wage offer has blown all sensible negotiations clean out of the water.

Am I right in thinking currently Harry Kane is not on £135,000 a week after tax?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2816 on: August 05, 2021, 07:58:55 AM »
We signed Pereira for £8m last summer, he was poor between september and middle of january and if somebody had offered us £13m in january, Chance to make a £5m profit on somebody who had done nothing upto that point it would of been tempting.

From middle of january he was brilliant, that may of coincided with the news that came out last month that we was looking to sell back then, but from then til end of the season he was great and that covered up his form at the start of the season.

With a £25m asking price, we are hoping to make triple money on somebody who had four good months in the top flight, had he had four good months at the start of last season and then played poor the last four months of the season i am not sure the asking price would be so high.

Even now, with it supposedly being a £17m fee, it would seem a bargain,  you would think some premier league clubs would match that but nobody has it seems, there is something that is putting these clubs off, they look at things different to us fans.

With him being so vocal about his reasons for wanting to go and it being money motivated, should the deal fall through, he will be on between £15k (if its flex down) or £30k a week (money most of us can only dream of) but its still around 70-80% less than he would be earning in saudi and for somebody who seems money motivated that would bother them massively.

his effort the last couple of weeks has seen him now training away from the first team, if things fall through, do we really see him busting a gut to fit in with vals ways? He will probably turn up for training and remain professional but val said himself its all or nothing and if Pereira doesnt go this window, i assume he will want to
January so you have him stuck round the place til then, he certainly wont gain in value.

We have to get the best deal we can with whats on the table, no other clubs are biting at £17m which i would imagine Albion would hope would flush bids from potential parties, we have £17m bid from one club with a player being very vocal why he wants to go therw, our negotiation stance has become very difficult especially with us apparently needing the money to strengthen.

Pereira's wage demands will have scared everyone off.  But if we don't agree a fee with Al Hilal then he can't go there and it then becomes irrelevant what they were offering him.  It's not as though he can wind down his contract here and wait with 3 years remaining.

If that deal is not concluded then several PL clubs will be interested at normal wage levels - in case probably around £50k/£60k a week.  He'd have no option but to lower his demands to secure a move.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2817 on: August 05, 2021, 08:01:00 AM »
Am I right in thinking currently Harry Kane is not on £135,000 a week after tax?

I honestly don't have the foggiest notion what Harry Kane's wages are. What I do know is that Al Hilal's reported wage offer to Pereira is truly eye watering stuff.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2818 on: August 05, 2021, 08:04:50 AM »

You’d have to earn roughly 240k a week to take home that amount after tax here.

I understand his motives for going but this really is a poor transfer for him & the club. Complete waste of talent in a nothing league (who here had heard of Al Hilal before all this) and one that is at least 8m short. We should have just kept him if no offers of £25m would have come, he would eventually realised he needs to play to move so would have come back into the fold & he’d have been head & shoulders the best player in the league. 

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2819 on: August 05, 2021, 08:07:18 AM »
I honestly don't have the foggiest notion what Harry Kane's wages are. What I do know is that Al Hilal's reported wage offer to Pereira is truly eye watering stuff.

Crazy money being offered to him so can understand his interest in the offer. No idea what the correct action should. Sell now and bank a profit reinvest. Or hold out and wait to see what happens with other offers coming in. I think it’s very easy for people to say he should lower wage demands when he has been offered an amount of money he will be very unlikely to get again.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2820 on: August 05, 2021, 08:07:52 AM »
I know what your saying overseas baggies but we would need a premier league club to offer £17m, any club wanting him would surely of offered that by now when the rumoured asking price was £25m and see if the lure of top flight football, possibly european football depending on the club, double his  current wage,etc may be enough to stop him going to saudi.

If he doesnt go to saudi, i dont see any club coming in later in the window and offering more than £17m when they know its been accepted now, at the present time we only have one bid to work with.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2821 on: August 05, 2021, 08:10:50 AM »
A different way of looking at this is does anybody think there is a European Pereira market at £250k a week which is the effective gross salary that is needed to match £130k a week in Saudi?

Plainly there isn't and that is what the players wage demands are if he is happy to go to Al-Hilal then there is very little point in any Premier League club making an enquiry the player is not interested.

If the player is prepared to sacrifice a year of his career to get the deal that he wants then our contract is pretty much worthless and this is the same for any player at any club. It is only not the case because if the player wants to stay in Europe and or play football at a decent level then "normal" market conditions prevail.

Pereira killed the Pereira market and in the final analysis the club was powerless to stop him.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2822 on: August 05, 2021, 08:11:15 AM »
You’d have to earn roughly 240k a week to take home that amount after tax here.

I understand his motives for going but this really is a poor transfer for him & the club. Complete waste of talent in a nothing league (who here had heard of Al Hilal before all this) and one that is at least 8m short. We should have just kept him if no offers of £25m would have come, he would eventually realised he needs to play to move so would have come back into the fold & he’d have been head & shoulders the best player in the league.

I have no idea what the club should do. Seems like everyone has very strong opinions on both sides of the argument.

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2823 on: August 05, 2021, 08:12:41 AM »
A different way of looking at this is does anybody think there is a European Pereira market at £250k a week which is the effective gross salary that is needed to match £130k a week in Saudi?

Plainly there isn't and that is what the players wage demands are if he is happy to go to Al-Hilal then there is very little point in any Premier League club making an enquiry the player is not interested.

If the player is prepared to sacrifice a year of his career to get the deal that he wants then our contract is pretty much worthless and this is the same for any player at any club. It is only not the case because if the player wants to stay in Europe and or play football at a decent level then "normal" market conditions prevail.

Pereira killed the Pereira market and in the final analysis the club was powerless to stop him.

Totally agree, well said.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2824 on: August 05, 2021, 08:20:47 AM »
........(who here had heard of Al Hilal before all this)......

Me and probably quite a few others. They may not be huge in world football terms but they're very big in regional terms.

And if they can actually afford what they've offered Pereira in pounds sterling they're obviously loaded.

This is Chinese Super League stuff with no governmental spending restrictions.