Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 487163 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #1875 on: June 16, 2021, 11:48:02 AM »
There is plenty to be concerned about around the club at the moment and maybe we can't put a lot of faith in the ownership.

However you still have to apply a bit of critical reasoning to stories that appear on notoriously unreliable clickbait sites even when they get bit of traction in the equally unreliable tabloid press and amplified by social media's favourite glove puppet. Or you can lose your mind over it,  fine the choice is yours but it's going to be a long old summer if you do.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1876 on: June 16, 2021, 10:17:19 PM »
Spot on. Everyone is so quick to jump to negative conclusions. Mini Meltdown in the ST thread for example.

I'm extremely tired of both the clickbait rubbish out there and the general negativity on here, Jacko. I think the latter stems from how slow everything seems to be going right now and how our club is currently more Poker Faced than ever.

So much uncertainty right now of course and the general silence from the club doesn't help... whatever side of the fence any of us were on about Bilic (and I'm definitely not inviting another debate) his communication with us at first and passion were a joy to read. Actions speak louder of course.

I just want everyone to try and stay more positive... we are likely to lose two of our best players before next season but we are in a better position than most Chumps clubs to pitch our way out of it again...
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1877 on: June 17, 2021, 08:57:23 AM »
Confirmation Pereira wont be sold for a daft fee

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2021/06/16/matheus-pereira-will-not-leave-west-brom-on-the-cheap/

"The Baggies are currently in a state of turmoil following the shock departure of sporting and technical director Luke Dowling on Monday.

Chief executive Xu Ke, meanwhile, has admitted they have faced ‘setbacks’ in their ongoing hunt for a new head coach.

But while the Baggies success on the field will rest on the appointments they make over the next few weeks, the Express & Star understands the club remains in a healthy position financially.

And that means – as well as having a very competitive Championship budget – they will not be forced into selling Pereira on the cheap.

Reports emerged over the weekend suggesting the Baggies would listen to offers in the region of £15million for their Brazilian talisman.

But the Express & Star understands that is not the case with the club’s valuation of the player significantly higher."

confirmation by who though ?

Masi knows nothing unless it's written by Percy

there is nobody in control of the football side of things at the club currently either

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1878 on: June 17, 2021, 09:27:03 AM »

there is nobody in control of the football side of things at the club currently either

The point is that clickbait internet stories suggesting that Pereira had a £15m release clause were false.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1879 on: June 17, 2021, 10:17:50 AM »

I get the feeling Dowling may now be briefing Masi. The irony.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1880 on: June 17, 2021, 10:23:22 AM »
I get the feeling Dowling may now be briefing Masi. The irony.

Possible, but I'd imagine he's on a substantial non-disclosure clause, especially with a "Mutual Agreement" severance.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1881 on: June 25, 2021, 10:44:10 AM »
Grealish to Man City for £100m reportedly close. Opens up the prospect of Pereira to Villa for decent money.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 10:46:40 AM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1882 on: June 25, 2021, 10:48:32 AM »
Grealish go Man City for £100m reportedly close. Opens up the prospect of Pereira to Villa for decent money.
85 million and they can buy a space at the negotiating table. Another 15 million for the chair to sit at it. Then we can talk price for Perreira.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1883 on: June 25, 2021, 10:50:24 AM »
Grealish to Man City for £100m reportedly close. Opens up the prospect of Pereira to Villa for decent money.

I thought that they signed Buendia from Norwich for £33m to 'replace' Greasy..........
MAGA!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1884 on: June 25, 2021, 10:59:06 AM »
I thought that they signed Buendia from Norwich for £33m to 'replace' Greasy..........

To be honest I think that is more likely than them bidding for Pereira but if they get £100m for Grealish I suspect the money will be spent somewhere they are rumoured to be interested in Tammy Abraham and that's going cost a chunk and push Watkins out wide. Never quiet trust my read on them tactically so they could rock up with a bunch of cash I hope not I really do.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1885 on: June 25, 2021, 11:17:21 AM »
With new man installed maybe Pereira will stay as I've not heard any rumours that he is pushing for a move.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1886 on: June 25, 2021, 12:45:56 PM »
Villa also rumoured to be interested in Smith Rowe who would be another Grealish-ish replacement including the socks down look - can't see that going down well with Arsenal fans if they let him go to Villa though.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1887 on: June 25, 2021, 07:23:48 PM »
All very quiet with periera. Euro 2020 will have more affordable options in the shop window. Hoping it stays this way then you offer him better terms and a promotion bonus and hope he can continue last season form into the new one
O Albion we love you

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1888 on: June 27, 2021, 06:19:11 PM »
A photo of him circulated on social media yesterday with a location tag of Lisbon...10 day quarantine required on return though you can get 5 day release and i know if it applies to elite sportists because there are double standards everywhere so who knows but I saw the photo and wondered if he was being selfish there...

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1889 on: June 27, 2021, 08:22:56 PM »
I think I'm right in saying that Portugal went into Green area for Covid on Wednesday  and all he needs to do is take a covid test, as all the squad will do IMO.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1890 on: June 27, 2021, 08:53:25 PM »
I think I'm right in saying that Portugal went into Green area for Covid on Wednesday  and all he needs to do is take a covid test, as all the squad will do IMO.

Definitely still amber, I was meant to be there on holiday right now and just double checked the gov website.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1891 on: June 27, 2021, 08:57:51 PM »
He's exempt as an elite sportsperson.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1892 on: June 28, 2021, 12:01:43 PM »
A photo of him circulated on social media yesterday with a location tag of Lisbon...10 day quarantine required on return though you can get 5 day release and i know if it applies to elite sportists because there are double standards everywhere so who knows but I saw the photo and wondered if he was being selfish there...

I understood the squad were reporting back today - or is it next Monday - if today, he's cutting it a bit fine! 

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1893 on: June 29, 2021, 11:49:01 PM »
I understood the squad were reporting back today - or is it next Monday - if today, he's cutting it a bit fine!

Squad came back in today for testing with a view to starting on Thursday.

Periera put a picture on his Instagram couple hours ago with his luggage and partner, with the Krov pic that circulated few days back, would assume he’s on his way back to report for training Thursday...

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1894 on: July 01, 2021, 12:18:47 PM »
Well he's all smiles arriving back to training so at least he hasn't done what some previous players have done and thrown his toys out the pram.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1895 on: July 01, 2021, 12:19:28 PM »
Well he's all smiles arriving back to training so at least he hasn't done what some previous players have done and thrown his toys out the pram.

I thought that, was genuinely surprised and delighted to see him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1896 on: July 01, 2021, 12:29:13 PM »
In todays Athletic article about Pereira it says him and his management team are happy to play the long game regarding transfers being aware of lack of money in the market as his next move should be a massive one. Not going to move for the sake of it. They want to get him a nice juicy pay rise.

Also says does want to play top flight football obviously but sounds like not going to rock the boat. Madeley says unlikely he will be here come season start if decent team comes in for him but not guaranteed he won't be either.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1897 on: July 01, 2021, 12:58:31 PM »
In todays Athletic article about Pereira it says him and his management team are happy to play the long game regarding transfers being aware of lack of money in the market as his next move should be a massive one. Not going to move for the sake of it. They want to get him a nice juicy pay rise.

Also says does want to play top flight football obviously but sounds like not going to rock the boat. Madeley says unlikely he will be here come season start if decent team comes in for him but not guaranteed he won't be either.

So loosely translated Madeley doesn't know what's happening either but wouldn't be surprised to see him move on should someone pay enough. Stop the press..... another day, more column inches to fill.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1898 on: July 01, 2021, 01:02:43 PM »

But it doesn't really help us if there is uncertainty about whether he is staying or going as it will surely influence our recruitment plans

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1899 on: July 01, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
So loosely translated Madeley doesn't know what's happening either but wouldn't be surprised to see him move on should someone pay enough. Stop the press..... another day, more column inches to fill.

Another 'the sun will rise tomorrow' piece of journalism, like we didn't know that.

Just for once I would like to see a journo tell us something factual that we did not know.....
MAGA!