Poll

Who/What was the main cause of the trouble on Saturday?

5.30pm Kick Off
33 (32%)
North Stand Layout
8 (7.8%)
Policing/Stewarding
12 (11.7%)
The FA
0 (0%)
The BBC
2 (1.9%)
Albion Fans
3 (2.9%)
Villa Fans
5 (4.9%)
Tim Sherwood (comments)
4 (3.9%)
Combination of above
36 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author Topic: 7 Mar 2015 Aston Villa 2 Albion 0 (FA Cup 6)  (Read 352755 times)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #1325 on: March 07, 2015, 07:58:58 PM »
I agree. The club shot a lot of nails into the coffin this week with a lot of fans.

The majority of Albion fans want to see better football than what we have been served with under Clarke, Irvine and Pulis.

Also it bothers me a lot that our players simply gave up after Villa's goal. The midfield stopped working and started to hide and the back four only hoofed the ball. We still had plenty of time to make a real go of it but we fell to pieces yet again. So poor.

Pulis also needs to accept that his approach in both games was very deeply flawed.
But we know from physical evidence on multiple forums that that isn't true. It's results that matter, it starts there and ends there. Most folks couldn't care less about how you do it, so long as you do it.

kendo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1326 on: March 07, 2015, 08:00:37 PM »
Well what do we expect it,s the ALBION. How many times they let you down, we should be used to it. I can,t  understand that they can,t see we are an old rubbish team. No attacking treat, No pace, No flare, They have been spouting all week about owing the fans. How many times we heard that. If we managed to stay up there should be another good clear out in the summer, bigger than the last one. Get rid of the old wood and give some of our up and coming stars a chance. Why cant Nabi get on the bench to add to our so called attack.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1327 on: March 07, 2015, 08:00:43 PM »
Another pathetic performance by a bunch of over paid t***s f*****g gutted won't win football playing that garbage just hope these defeats don't send us on a run of bad results. Brown is pooh that's official
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:04:59 PM by kris_boing »

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1328 on: March 07, 2015, 08:01:42 PM »
yacob is an awful player. Can't tackle. No pace. Hardly ever intercepts the ball because he is so slow. Mulumbu can do everything he can do and so much more
you must be watching a different yacobhe  to me then mate. He as been superb since coming back into the team!!

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1329 on: March 07, 2015, 08:02:20 PM »
this comments make me laugh people where saying the other day I sherwood keep him away from my team and for the guy that called tony pulies scum have a word with yourself yes we lost but get a grip of yourself  we will stay up and go again next season with better finshing we would have won

Emotions running high!! Two losses to vile In one week is enough to send any Albion fan over the edge. We need to stick together as we've got some tought games coming up.

Downunder Stripes

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1330 on: March 07, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »
How sad is this comment....
You are really saying he has been employed to save Peace's paper fortune.
The cup matters to supporters, I don't care how much money Peace loses if we go down I want some success, for my team, that is what should really matter to supporters that really care.
Try reading AGAIN what I said, then toddle off and pull your friggin head in

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1331 on: March 07, 2015, 08:03:32 PM »
Agree with Caravan's comment 'the players have been a big let down twice this week. bottom line is they just aint good enough.'

As said above this is the real reason we are in the mess we are & why TP says its a big job to stay up! Non of the summer signings got/get a game with TP or AI. They cant be both wrong!

There's a big rebuilding job to be done, we've got a lot of older players some that have been here a long time personally I'm happy for TP to do it! might not be everybodys cup of tea but thats what opinions are all about!
Going from history, he one of the WORST at identifying and buying players in the market. He massively overspends on players of usually similar or only slightly better quality (I can hear the "so what else is new"already) . He knows a good 'keeper when he sees one though.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1332 on: March 07, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »
Pulis is the sc*m of English football, all Albion supporters have known that for years.
Get him out ffs....
please don't speak for me, in this pathetic comment you have posted.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1333 on: March 07, 2015, 08:05:07 PM »
How sad is this comment....
You are really saying he has been employed to save Peace's paper fortune.
The cup matters to supporters, I don't care how much money Peace loses if we go down I want some success, for my team, that is what should really matter to supporters that really care.
sooner win the cup and get relegated than just make up the numbers every year. am sick of seeing this club surrender every time it gets close to a final. this weeks defeats are amongst the worst ive ever known because we had a massive chance to reach Wembley. I will most definitely not be purchasing our 4 season tickets next year from what ive seen so far under pulis, he gets results but the attitude of not losing rather than having a go to win a game goes against my thoughts how the game should be played. and I do not think even after he gets players he wants it will be any different.

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1334 on: March 07, 2015, 08:05:47 PM »
Agree with Caravan's comment 'the players have been a big let down twice this week. bottom line is they just aint good enough.'

As said above this is the real reason we are in the mess we are & why TP says its a big job to stay up! Non of the summer signings got/get a game with TP or AI. They cant be both wrong!

There's a big rebuilding job to be done, we've got a lot of older players some that have been here a long time personally I'm happy for TP to do it! might not be everybodys cup of tea but thats what opinions are all about!
agree with this completely, some fans should be careful what they wish for

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1335 on: March 07, 2015, 08:06:56 PM »

agree with this completely, some fans should be careful what they wish for

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1336 on: March 07, 2015, 08:07:26 PM »
But we know from physical evidence on multiple forums that that isn't true. It's results that matter, it starts there and ends there. Most folks couldn't care less about how you do it, so long as you do it.

Maybe you are right. Sad days.

I am very close to taking a good long break myself from watching the idiotic nonsense we have been served up for far too long now.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1337 on: March 07, 2015, 08:08:38 PM »
If Sherwood had been our manager, we would be at Wembley

That cannot be proved or disproved and to be honest I'm glad he is not our manager, not because he is villa boss but because I don't rate him and cant stand him
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

labaggies

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Dropping Foster!
« Reply #1338 on: March 07, 2015, 08:09:53 PM »
I thin the decision to play Myhill was correct
Penny Arcade.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1339 on: March 07, 2015, 08:10:07 PM »
Going from history, he one of the WORST at identifying and buying players in the market. He massively overspends on players of usually similar or only slightly better quality (I can hear the "so what else is new"already) . He knows a good 'keeper when he sees one though.

I agree. Pulis doesn't really strike me as the man to oversee our much needed overhaul in the summer. That is IF we get an overhaul.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1340 on: March 07, 2015, 08:10:48 PM »
Absolutely gutted by the manner of the defeat and the team selection yet again. Just a couple of facts that perhaps might be mentioned yet again. Lescott is not a full back nor is Brunt nor is Dawson. Pocognoli is and Gamboa might be if given the chance. Both can add extra support out wide, can cross and have pace enough to get up and down the pitch. Please do not suggest that 2 managers can't be wrong  - yes they bl***dy well can and are. Play the  guys concerned -  give em a bit of game time and then tell me they are less effective at what they do than the likes of Morrison Gardner and lately Mulumbu and Brunt.

Gardner and Morrison together are far too lightweight and do not have the ability to hold or pass the ball or it would seem on the last two performances to track back properly at Prem level. Sessegnon and maybe a fit (if ever) Macmanaman might have. Strikers all miss goals sometimes so don't get on Bobby's back again, Saido had 3 shots he would normally have scored from as well.

I am a fan of the man but cannot understand why TP says he is trying to put a methodology in that suits the players he has when we have seen nothing of the round pegs in round holes this tean is crying out for. Not blaming
 the ref entirely for the defeat but why only start booking vila ballerinas for diving after 90 mins when they have been doing it all match especially when jacob takes the ball off them. This was a successful concerted attempt by a team to get a fellow professional sent off. the red card should be contested. Albion players need to learn how to go over for free kick and penalty awards - not advocating diving but standing up and trying to play brings no benefits. Saido should have gone over under the challenge from the goallkeeper and the simultaneous touch (push in the back) from the defender. If professional performances are required then this is the profession today.

Been watching Albion since 54 and have never felt so angry as at the last two performances against a rubbish bunch I have never considered worthy of being a local rival. We had a golden opportunity to put these cocky Bstds where they belong and instead have thrown them a lifeline. Only hope we can stay up and that they take up their rightful place a division below us. That and only that will ease the hurt.

Oh and do not try to tell me vile deserve that they deserve only one thing RELEGATION and then RELEGATION again COYB

labaggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1341 on: March 07, 2015, 08:12:33 PM »
A bit over the top mate.
In a way I have to agree with the original poster, my love for Albion started to die when Pulis was appointed.
Get him out....
Penny Arcade.

Downunder Stripes

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1342 on: March 07, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »
sooner win the cup and get relegated than just make up the numbers every year. am sick of seeing this club surrender every time it gets close to a final. this weeks defeats are amongst the worst ive ever known because we had a massive chance to reach Wembley. I will most definitely not be purchasing our 4 season tickets next year from what ive seen so far under pulis, he gets results but the attitude of not losing rather than having a go to win a game goes against my thoughts how the game should be played. and I do not think even after he gets players he wants it will be any different.
Unfortunately, 14or 15 clubs will ALWAYS be making up the numbers in the greed league.

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1343 on: March 07, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »
I agree. Pulis doesn't really strike me as the man to oversee our much needed overhaul in the summer. That is IF we get an overhaul.

He improved Stoke year on year. The spine of his team is the spine that Mark Hughes decides to use today. Whelan and Crouch (both Pulis signings) have even been given contract extensions during the last window.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1344 on: March 07, 2015, 08:14:49 PM »
I thought Bournemouth was bad today was 10 times worse.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

nick_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1345 on: March 07, 2015, 08:14:58 PM »
Feel physically sick. Hardest week in football I've had to endure in the 23 years I've been alive. I've been staring blankly into space for the last 20 minutes. As much as I want to blame someone I can't blame the players. We just don't have any width, they played a rigid style which is the only style we can play with that formation and starting 11. Football is a game of such fine margins, and Villa got the best of it in both games which is the hardest pill to swallow. If Ideye had put that chance away I can't help but think we'd all be planning our trips to Wembley. Devastated.

merson94

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1346 on: March 07, 2015, 08:15:21 PM »
Not quite sure why, but I don't feel as bad as the loss in the league game, will probably hit me like a brick in the week. Should've wrapped the game up in the first tbh, got hit with an early goal in second half and never recovered. Our back line is soooo slow, painfully slow, why or why does he not play gamboa or poc is bewildering. The amount of times we hoofed it up to nobody was just ridiculous, we don't have the players up top to play that sort of game so why do we do it? Just waiting for crouch to be linked with us tbh.
EAT MY GOOOOAAALLLLL

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1347 on: March 07, 2015, 08:16:04 PM »
In a way I have to agree with the original poster, my love for Albion started to die when Pulis was appointed.
Get him out....

Why? We've had much worse managers, much much worse

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1348 on: March 07, 2015, 08:16:50 PM »
He improved Stoke year on year. The spine of his team is the spine that Mark Hughes decides to use today. Whelan and Crouch (both Pulis signings) have even been given contract extensions during the last window.

But how much money did he use, and how much money did he waste? I haven't followed Stoke closely enough to know.

Pulis is competent in this league, but playing Lescott as full back, for one example, and a flat 442 no matter what is  just nonsense. This in itself is a square peg in a round hole approach which isn't smart. I'm so fed up with such endless nonsense from our head coaches.

Another problem with 442 is that for as long as he has been at the club Morrison has been too light weight for a 442, Yacob too slow in the middle for a 442, Gardner never was good enough really but we signed him anyway because he was cheap and local so let's play him in a 442 and Brunt always was too slow and ponderous for a 442. (Mulumbu with Yacob in the middle of a 442 is not an option because we have zero creativity in that setup.)

So, what do we play, we play 442 - twice. And Villa run rings around us, twice. We play straight into Villa's ONE strength and we play straight into KNOWN PROBLEMS with our players... TWICE within a week.

That is just too stupid for me.

Gah.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:26:08 PM by GrGr »

labaggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1349 on: March 07, 2015, 08:17:34 PM »
Stop yourself. He will keep us up and thats what he's been brought in for.
Stop myself, one supported Albion for 55 years, and Pulis is without doubt the worst manager I have ever known.
Did you not look at today's team sheet.
We had no chance, the man is a disaster.
Penny Arcade.