Author Topic: 2 Feb 2021 Sheffield United 2 Albion 1  (Read 47263 times)

Pelada

• Junior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #475 on: February 02, 2021, 08:04:37 PM »
We saw it at the hawthorns and we saw it again tonight - they are miles better drillled than we are.

And MILES fitter.

An absolute embarrassment from top to bottom. An owner who doesn’t understand the sport, a manager who didn’t understand just what he has got himself
Into, a defence that doesn’t know how to defend, a midfield and that cannot pass a ball, and strikers who cannot score.

Mess.

Absolute F N mess.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #476 on: February 02, 2021, 08:05:04 PM »
Hurtful that 2nd half , this squad are losers before we look at ability.
Sitting deep after scoring ? , we don't ###$$## well learn do we ?.
Relegated without a real go .
O'Shea is getting murdered each week , terrible passer of the ball.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 08:07:53 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #477 on: February 02, 2021, 08:05:45 PM »
Listened to it on the radio. Sounded comfortable first half without creating much, scored the goal and then didn't kick on in the second half. Completely flat. Sheff Utd just seemed to want it more.

Poor from the midfield and attack. I thought Pereira had been subbed at half time as I don't think he was mentioned until the last 10 minutes when it was far too late.

In fairness during the first half we went ahead against the run of play, I don't think we had a chance before that and could/should have been losing. Maybe with a bit more luck we'd have got a draw but we simply weren't good enough and overall Sheffield United were better.

What I found bizarre was taking Phillips off. He'd just put in a great cross to Robinson and was one of our better players (not saying much) but still...

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #478 on: February 02, 2021, 08:05:51 PM »
Win, draw or play ok...it’s tumbleweeds.

As soon as it’s bad, flooded with comments.

It's quiet when we win as it's that rare that posters are in a state of shock. In seriousness, that's true of every football message board in the land - and this is way past bad. Bad is when you have a car crash but aren't injured. Whereas our life support has been switched off.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #479 on: February 02, 2021, 08:05:54 PM »
Good 1st half but outfought and out thought in the 2nd half. Players look scared and the Head Coach has to take a lot of the blame! His comment stating that it was a game we couldn't afford to lose rather than win summed him up.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #480 on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:03 PM »
Poor 2nd half. All the problems came down the left, as suspected Townsend hasn't turned into Paolo Nutini nevermind Paolo Maldini. Another goal in Johnstone's near post after Livermore misses a tackle then turns his back.

Toothless once Kanu comes on, but Diagne who did well, obviously hasn't got 90 minutes in him yet.

Robinson poor as well. Snodgrass aside hard to make a case for the other 3 midfielders, Phillips, Robinson and Livermore to keep their places for Spurs.

Roll on the new midfield and let's put a run together.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:33 PM »
Can't keep up with the posts. Say what you want about Bilic/Allardyce the board, Dowling. This squad is not performing.

They're bottling it constantly.
Don't win 50/50s.
Don't win second balls.
Can't do simple things.
There's just too much to do.
2 easy goals again.

Correct.

Players are weak, full of mistakes. Switch off constantly.

Not sure Allardyce can be blamed for that.

If Allardyce asked them to do what they did 2nd half then he is culpable aswell...

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #482 on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:40 PM »
No one being slated just different opinions you replied to me in the in game thread with wrong information. Check my reply.

I read your reply.

My issue is that some posters (not saying you) believe that because someone didn’t want Allardyce they would somehow take pleasure in seeing us lose.

That has to be one of the most ridiculous beliefs I have ever heard.

We all want Albion to win every game and I take no pleasure in being proved correct that appointing Allardyce was a mistake.

If you care to read my posts back you will see I said before the season even started this squad would struggle to survive. It makes no difference who’s in charge.

The signings this week help improve a very poor squad, but nowhere near enough to make us competitive. Given that the club had effectively declared before a ball was even kicked, once we sacked Bilic we should have looked at the long term plan.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #483 on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:52 PM »
I stand by my comment a couple of weeks ago. Bilic got 90% out of this team and Allardyce is getting 70% - we need 150% to survive. That's the cold hard truth, we are done.
The Lord himself couldn’t save this lot they are beyond redemption.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #484 on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:56 PM »
We are the worst team in the Premier League and will finish bottom.
Credit to Sheffield United who are far far better than us.

CORRECTION
We are the worst team in the top two divisions with the possible exception of Wycombe.

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #485 on: February 02, 2021, 08:07:11 PM »
Looking at the shots of the respective managers tonight.........

Wilder was giving directions, reinforcing stuff they had done in training

Allardyce was yelling & losing his rag.

Know which one  I'd rather play for.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #486 on: February 02, 2021, 08:07:17 PM »
No pace, can't pass, clueless, wake me up when it's all over.
Baggie in Southampton

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #487 on: February 02, 2021, 08:07:23 PM »
Think SA got it wrong with his subs. Grant and HRK invisible. Diagne also had a quiet game, but he's learning the Prem league and he has good anticipation. Robinson should never have come off. Most of the danger first half was down to his runs.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2021, 08:09:17 PM »
Win, draw or play ok...it’s tumbleweeds.

As soon as it’s bad, flooded with comments.

Must be a record year for posts then, because we haven’t played well in a single game for me. Certainly not since Allardyce has came in and destroyed an already appalling team.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #489 on: February 02, 2021, 08:09:54 PM »
This is why those cup wins for Sheff Utd last month DID COUNT as part of a good run of form, despite what some posters think 😉. They have their noses up now and by the time we play Brighton, we will be bottom of the league, which is a fair reflection of the 2 sides.

Awful performance, awful tactics.

Robinson and Snodgrass deserve credit for their first half performance, but that's as far as I can go.

Constantly last ditch defending because we fail to cut out attacks from source. It's like watching a lower league team in a cup tie, hoping to get lucky.

2 goals atleast in each and every game.

Dowling really, really needs to put his foot down and stop Allardyce wasting any more money on Ahmed Musa.
Boing Boing

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #490 on: February 02, 2021, 08:10:05 PM »
Wonder if Sam still thinks the squad is good enough to stay up? 😂

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #491 on: February 02, 2021, 08:11:01 PM »
29% possession but possession doesn’t win you games.

We may have lost, but at least we didn’t urine around with it at the back.

Just lumping it forward worked really well.

The lads tried really hard.

What’s not to like?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #492 on: February 02, 2021, 08:11:26 PM »
We have actually become a worse side under Allardyce. I've yoyoed on how I've felt about him but decided I would weigh up these last two crucial games. One point from six that we should have ****** if we had a hope of survival.

We need to have a plan for next season or we'll drop two storeys in one go.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 08:24:11 PM by Hull Baggie »
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #493 on: February 02, 2021, 08:11:30 PM »
Correct. Players are weak, full of mistakes. Switch off constantly. Not sure Allardyce can be blamed for that. If Allardyce asked them to do what they did 2nd half then he is culpable aswell...

The defensive low block is Allardyce's responsibility and if you are going to keep playing Liveremore don't be surprised when your midfield is overrun and he fails to protect the back four. Allardyce seems to have a preference for dads army within our squad. The old timers, Livermore, Philips and HRK all getting too many minutes on the pitch. Big Sam has made a mighty mess of it tonight and bringing him in has seen 1) the goals against column to absolutely explode and 2) an insurmountable gap to open up between us and safety, it was only three points when he took the job on.

So the experiment has well and truly failed, we are further away from survival now than we have ever been.

Evo_Baggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #494 on: February 02, 2021, 08:11:52 PM »
What's the point of Big Sam if we ship this many goals.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2021, 08:12:26 PM »
That 2nd half was embarassing and the first not much better.

We are witnessing the assembly of the biggest bunch of cowards i have seen in professional football. This squad that has been assembled over the last 18 months is abysmal. Zero balance. About 3 out of 25 players in the squad can make a tackle.

No fight, no desire, they really are not bothered whether they win or lose.

The amount of 50/50 tackles they are bottling is disgraceful.

They treat games as if they are training sessions.

They looked exhausted after 35 mins, i was genuinely surprised we scored.

Saying that i also have to say Allardyce got it wrong tonight. Livermore, Phillips and Snodgrass in midfield was never going to work. Whether the intention was to sit back or not it was always going to be the outcome. They cant compete against runners like Sheff Utd have throughout.

I know this isnt his squad at all but he got it wrong tonight big time for me.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2021, 08:12:37 PM »
That second half was shocking - the writing was on the wall from the whistle that it was backs against the wall. We’ve just waived the white flag and surrendered.

I’m so ******* inebriated off with that.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #497 on: February 02, 2021, 08:13:11 PM »
I read your reply.

My issue is that some posters (not saying you) believe that because someone didn’t want Allardyce they would somehow take pleasure in seeing us lose.

That has to be one of the most ridiculous beliefs I have ever heard.

We all want Albion to win every game and I take no pleasure in being proved correct that appointing Allardyce was a mistake.

If you care to read my posts back you will see I said before the season even started this squad would struggle to survive. It makes no difference who’s in charge.

The signings this week help improve a very poor squad, but nowhere near enough to make us competitive. Given that the club had effectively declared before a ball was even kicked, once we sacked Bilic we should have looked at the long term plan.

We can’t have a long term plan under the current owners Aztech. I wish we could mate but we can’t. They want out. There isn’t any other plan other than that I’m afraid.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #498 on: February 02, 2021, 08:13:16 PM »
What's the point of Big Sam if we ship this many goals.

It's since we sacked Bilic and appointed Big Sam that the goals against column has exploded - so that's the impact he his appointment and the coaching upheaval has achieved.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #499 on: February 02, 2021, 08:14:28 PM »
We can’t have a long term plan under the current owners Aztech. I wish we could mate but we can’t. They want out. There isn’t any other plan other than that I’m afraid.

So far the board have followed your plan to a tee and look how well it is working out.