Author Topic: 2 Jan 2021 Albion 0 Arsenal 4  (Read 56355 times)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #550 on: January 02, 2021, 10:01:04 PM »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #551 on: January 02, 2021, 10:01:45 PM »
Grovephil made a good point at the end of the match thread, in that we saw this side choke last season when the chips were down.

They don’t have the mettle. Another reason why getting this side back together was a mistake.

Who ever Sam is able to sign in jan, they need ability and character.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #552 on: January 02, 2021, 10:02:15 PM »
Not one of this team has been signed by Big Sam , and quite frankly I’m struggling to see any who are regularly up to Premier league standard . Half the team don’t seem interested and the other half appear unfit !

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #553 on: January 02, 2021, 10:02:40 PM »
We are the worst team I've seen in the PL. This team is worse than the 1985-86 team.

It doesnt matter who we bring in in January there is no way we stay up. I'd rather us keep the money for a summer re-build.

Said that in pre-season once i got the first inkling the board were playing silly buggers. Keep the money. Sack Bilic. Do a Norwich. Take pressure off the players and new manager whomever it was to be.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #554 on: January 02, 2021, 10:02:44 PM »
We are the worst team I've seen in the PL. This team is worse than the 1985-86 team.

It doesnt matter who we bring in in January there is no way we stay up. I'd rather us keep the money for a summer re-build.

Poor but not as bad as Derby!

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #555 on: January 02, 2021, 10:02:49 PM »
Not sure what on Earth I just watched, we’ve known for a while this squad lucked their way out of the championship but that was the worst Albion performance in my lifetime.

Lack of quality isn’t their fault but lack off basic effort and understanding of basic football is embarrassing.

Shocked and not sure I really want to bother with the club for a bit. It’s just not good for anyone.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #556 on: January 02, 2021, 10:03:11 PM »
The mad thing is, we're 6 points off 17th and we are not cut off, at all.

I still think we have a better chance of staying up with Sam Allardyce, less chance of being entertained but that wasn't exactly happening before he shown up.

It's embarrassing but we'll see what happens and whether he's backed.

Not really talking about the game as that's not much point, exactly the same as our last few games.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #557 on: January 02, 2021, 10:04:23 PM »
Is Allardyce trying to get the sack? Or are this bunch of players that bad? Three home games and we coincide 12 goals that is fooooking embarrassing.

Furlong, Ajayi, O’Shea, Sawyers, Robinson all championship players (mid table)
Ivanovic, Phillips past it
Pereira, Diangana completely lost it, can’t go past anyone
Johnstone and Gallagher doing ok.

Team is woeful.

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #558 on: January 02, 2021, 10:05:23 PM »
If Allardyce was unsure of the difficulty of the task ahead, this should have helped clear it up.  We are diabolical.  Not sure where we go from here apart from down.  We certainly need a miracle and some great loans.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #559 on: January 02, 2021, 10:05:45 PM »
I'm  lost for words  :'( :'( :'(

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #560 on: January 02, 2021, 10:07:00 PM »
So poor and -28 goal difference sums it up really. I was particularly disappointed with Ivanovic (and have been all season), the lack of anything in the centre of midfield (and have been all season) and how deep our cbs starting position is, even when we press high which highlights the lack of anything in midfield even more.

I thought Johnstone, O'Shea, Gallagher and Robinson second half were ok. I thought Furlong, Ivanovic, Sawyers, Austin and Robinson second half were particularly poor. I'd be looking at having O'Shea at right back or Ajayi in midfield to bring some form of solidarity. Ajayi in midfield isn't a move I'd really advocate but as our central midfielders don't need to pass under Allardyce, he might get away with it. Even though Ajayi has been at fault for many goals this season, I still feel he is one of our best 2 cbs so moving him out of there may be a mistake.

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #561 on: January 02, 2021, 10:07:34 PM »
Way, way, way off the standard to compete at this level and it looked like they'd had enough this evening.

Powder puff, scared, lost. Like an u15's team against men.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #562 on: January 02, 2021, 10:07:39 PM »
Switched off at 2-0, I have never been one for watching nature programs where animals play with the wounded prey and that is effectively what we are with this abysmal squad filled with players that fail to even give the required effort to try and make up for their lack of ability, the likes of Sawyers, Phillips and Diangana who would not make a challenge if their lives depended on it.

Struggling to have any interest in this side. Just praying Allardyce gets the green light to overhaul it as I just want to see different faces to those I am currently seeing

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #563 on: January 02, 2021, 10:08:43 PM »
17 conceded to leeds, arsenal, palace and villa at home. Not even top 5 clubs. And one scored. Again, at home. SHAMEFUL

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #564 on: January 02, 2021, 10:08:58 PM »
I'm  lost for words  :'( :'( :'(
I can think of a few.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #565 on: January 02, 2021, 10:09:09 PM »
Big Sam go and don't come back .

When were last this bad , conceding for fun, in over twenty games we've had one goal from a striker.

We have no identity, no character nothing. I don't feel anything for this group of players, because I believe now that they don't care. No premiership team should lose 3-0 4-0 and  5-0 without looking like scoring .
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Wollastonbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #566 on: January 02, 2021, 10:09:27 PM »
The blame for this season has to lie with the owner and the Board. It's not the players fault they're not good enough. It's not Bilic's fault either, or Alladyce's. Bilic wasn't given enough money and unless Sam is handed a shed load and spends it like it was his own, he won't be able to have any real impact. As somebody else has already said , the players must now be totally without any belief in their abilities or their collective ability to survive, and for that I don't blame them. No matter how much they're paid it doesn't make up for the fact that they can't compete and they know it.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #567 on: January 02, 2021, 10:12:21 PM »
I completely disagree. They were as lazy and uninterested as they are now

Performance and results far worse than anything under Bilic. Ok he couldn't/wouldn't stay - but this guy? every bit as bad as suggested so far. Outdated ideas, outdated systems and outdated expectations of the players he has got. Give this one money to spend on overage workhorses with about half a season left in their legs and still take us down with a frustrating boring whimper. No thank you. Would love to be wrong but sack him now and get a manager who understands the modern game to build for the next 3 years with probably 2 of those in the champs.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #568 on: January 02, 2021, 10:12:55 PM »
Pereira & Robinson chased the Arsenal back 4 around for the first 15mins, but when they were actually passed by the other 2 banks of 4 Baggies were about 40 yards behind them. What sort of tactic is that? Arsenal got behind our back 4 on every opportunity they had, it could have been 3-0 before they actually scored?
We have a shape, but that's about it, no endeavour, no pride no nothing, we'd be better off not turning up and having a mandatory 3-0 defeat
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #569 on: January 02, 2021, 10:17:25 PM »
Allardyce must know that Phillips is a liability but persist's in playing him the same with Sawyers, or is he playing silly beggar's to get more of a transfer kitty.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #570 on: January 02, 2021, 10:18:14 PM »
Allardyce must know that Phillips is a liability but persist's in playing him the same with Sawyers, or is he playing silly beggar's to get more of a transfer kitty.

Livermore suspended and Field injured, literally who else is there?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #571 on: January 02, 2021, 10:19:37 PM »
From the get go of appointing Big Sam I knew it would get worse before it would get better, but it will get better.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Wollastonbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #572 on: January 02, 2021, 10:20:56 PM »
I don't believe the team isn't trying or that they've got no pride. They're being asked to go out week in week out to face teams which are a class or even classes above them.It's now wonder they get dispirited.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #573 on: January 02, 2021, 10:21:10 PM »
From the get go of appointing Big Sam I knew it would get worse before it would get better, but it will get better.

YEs it was going to be awful until he can sign some of his own players. THis is his time to suss out the players mentalities and he wont like what he has seen thats for sure.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #574 on: January 02, 2021, 10:25:14 PM »
Livermore suspended and Field injured, literally who else is there?
erm Harper, Krovinovic?