Author Topic: 20 Dec 2020 Albion 0 Aston Villa 3  (Read 32281 times)

gazberg

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #725 on: December 20, 2020, 11:30:01 PM »
But net spend is not a good measurement player valuation is more accurate.

Look at the intangible asset values on WBA accounts, that is more representative of the quality of players we have.

In terms of what is/was available to spend i'm on about. Im not referring to value of club on paper i'm talking money in the bank.

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #726 on: December 20, 2020, 11:30:07 PM »
Is it just me who almost doesnt know how to react. This hurts tonight and i almost feel like i cant be bothered. Falling out of love with the game slowly, VAR, Albion just makes it so frustrating. Not being in my seat in the brummie doesnt help, not being able to rant or cheer as i normally would.
Im reading everyones thoughts and its like the players dont care, they probably thought today was a training match. Maybe it was good for SA so he knows exactly how bad we are and what he needs to work on. Fitness is an issue straight away.
Tonight hurts more then usual.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #727 on: December 20, 2020, 11:32:11 PM »
It was rubbish from start to finish - granted we were organised and compact in the second half, but we still failed to lay a glove on them.

I’m not going to comment on Livermore - I just hope he enjoys his Christmas.

Fair play to Villa - they were excellent
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

KN22

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #728 on: December 20, 2020, 11:33:59 PM »
Imagine the 2,000 unlucky souls that had to pay £25 to watch that .

Johnstone only player that gets any credit at all tonight

What 2000 fans?

CL3MO

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #729 on: December 20, 2020, 11:34:19 PM »
Thought that was disgraceful from our skipper tonight. We were awful before that, but he is meant to lead an example. The amount of times that he has flown in with tackles like that. This hardman act gets found out in the Prem.

Sounds like Big Sam ain't happy with it either.

So many other things though. Furlong's defending, complete lack of attacking potential (albeit with 10 men).

Roll on the Pool next week!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #730 on: December 20, 2020, 11:40:59 PM »
What 2000 fans?

Someone needs to check what tier the ground is still in😂
There's a dragon ripping you to shreds
It wants to be your friend
It's just trying to impress you
So won't you let it be
Let it be!

Mikkyk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #731 on: December 20, 2020, 11:44:57 PM »
Is it just me who almost doesnt know how to react. This hurts tonight and i almost feel like i cant be bothered. Falling out of love with the game slowly, VAR, Albion just makes it so frustrating. Not being in my seat in the brummie doesnt help, not being able to rant or cheer as i normally would.
Im reading everyones thoughts and its like the players dont care, they probably thought today was a training match. Maybe it was good for SA so he knows exactly how bad we are and what he needs to work on. Fitness is an issue straight away.
Tonight hurts more then usual.

I'm the same mate. For I think the first to ever I'm not fussed about watching our next game.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #732 on: December 20, 2020, 11:45:31 PM »
In terms of what is/was available to spend i'm on about. Im not referring to value of club on paper i'm talking money in the bank.

The club have'nt got any, all of the money is tied up in assets.

The £40 odd million cash we did have was spent in the Pulis era.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #733 on: December 20, 2020, 11:48:04 PM »
The club have'nt got any, all of the money is tied up in assets.

The £40 odd million cash we did have was spent in the Pulis era.

I'm just trying to guesstimate in my head. Thats why i said seeing the 2019-20 P+L report in a few months will be interesting indeed. We KNOW we lost 7m 18-19.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #734 on: December 21, 2020, 12:38:18 AM »
Well even after a few hours to reflect I am still vexed beyond belief. The VAR officiating is shocking. They could wait to look at the tackle for Livermore and give him red didnt even bother with their foul on diangana and that was a genuine leg breaker. The livermore one was a harsh yellow but the game has changed and its eventually going to be contactless.

VAR aside we hadn't laid a glove on them before the sending off so not a surprise about afterwards. They had a team of people who could run with the ball. We only had Gallagher and even Phillips who tried to take the ball up the pitch.

Livermore I didnt know was playing. Sawyers anonymous. Diangana looked lost and should and could have been hooked earlier. Grant again didnt offer much. Gibbs and furlong both pants for goal as was johnstone.

Oshea I thought did well and ajayi had been one of our better players until the second goal he lost his head after and give away stupid penalty.

Manager rightly stuck with aide after great performance v man city however the subs after were terrible. Our striker had no service all game then he brought on knees have gone austin... diangana (never in game) Phillips (blowing out his backside) should have been off for grosicki and Robinson.

The only times we ever looked like doing anything with our 10 was a quick break so bringing on grosicki and letting him chase stuff into corner would have been a better strategy.

However the manager was getting a free hit today due to lack of time with team. Hopefully he learned Livermore a liability and only of use in championship. Austin legs have gone. Sawyers isnt answer in cm. Good luck sam you are going to need it
O Albion we love you

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #735 on: December 21, 2020, 05:54:04 AM »
Just a small point I thought a goalkeeper handling outside the box was a sending off offence,
The ref gave a foul but I don't think the he even booked him.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #736 on: December 21, 2020, 06:39:32 AM »
Poor defensively, I'll disciplined, no goal threat. I thought we sacked Bilic.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #737 on: December 21, 2020, 07:41:13 AM »
worst competitive team in over 20 years
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #738 on: December 21, 2020, 08:32:43 AM »
Just a small point I thought a goalkeeper handling outside the box was a sending off offence,
The ref gave a foul but I don't think the he even booked him.

The rules have changed no longer a red card offence. It should have been a yellow, not sure why it wasn't.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #739 on: December 21, 2020, 08:45:41 AM »
The rules have changed no longer a red card offence. It should have been a yellow, not sure why it wasn't.

Yep. Definitely a yellow. Wasn't like he was even just strayed over the edge of the box. Was a good couple metres out.

On the brightside, at least Mings got booked for his gamesmanship. Always preventing opponents from quick throw-in, frees and keepers releasing the ball.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #740 on: December 21, 2020, 08:46:31 AM »
Yep. Definitely a yellow. Wasn't like he was even just strayed over the edge of the box. Was a good couple metres out.

On the brightside, at least Mings got booked for his gamesmanship. Always preventing opponents from quick throw-in, frees and keepers releasing the ball.

Wish some of our players would wise up to those arts..

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #741 on: December 21, 2020, 08:50:44 AM »

Sadly we instead have a captain who does all he can to talk to refs to stop opponents getting booked. We are far too nice a side.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #742 on: December 21, 2020, 08:58:44 AM »
Grady should have been rolling up the East Stand after that stamp.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #743 on: December 21, 2020, 09:15:17 AM »
Sadly we instead have a captain who does all he can to talk to refs to stop opponents getting booked. We are far too nice a side.

And far, far too naive.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #744 on: December 21, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »
Another day another heavy defeat, another red card, another hopeless performance. So done with this season already. The status quo isn’t really helping either.

Groovephil

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #745 on: December 21, 2020, 09:43:01 AM »
one positive is at least Sam is going to conned into thinking things might be ok with a couple of loans in Jan, if he wants to keep his record he and the board need to be in the market right away Jan.

Although we all know this wont happen. I already have a  horrible feeling that Sam will walk end Jan with the lack of funds int he Jan market making his job impossible.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #746 on: December 21, 2020, 09:58:59 AM »
one positive is at least Sam is going to conned into thinking things might be ok with a couple of loans in Jan, if he wants to keep his record he and the board need to be in the market right away Jan.

Although we all know this wont happen. I already have a  horrible feeling that Sam will walk end Jan with the lack of funds int he Jan market making his job impossible.

I think the board will have given Allardyce assurances that he will have money to spend in the window. I'm assuming Allardyce was satisfied with the money offered otherwise why take the job?

Groovephil

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #747 on: December 21, 2020, 10:02:00 AM »
I think the board will have given Allardyce assurances that he will have money to spend in the window. I'm assuming Allardyce was satisfied with the money offered otherwise why take the job?

I have a feeling he thought the team was better than this, whereas we've known this team is miles away from staying up an outsider might think, they've got some half descent players. Only when you are in the bubble does the real horror become apparent.

We've been shocking for an entire calendar year now, a manager isn't going to change that without serious personal changes.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #748 on: December 21, 2020, 10:12:17 AM »
I have a feeling he thought the team was better than this, whereas we've known this team is miles away from staying up an outsider might think, they've got some half descent players. Only when you are in the bubble does the real horror become apparent.

We've been shocking for an entire calendar year now, a manager isn't going to change that without serious personal changes.

which is why I believe that Allardyce has been promised funds to bring in a few players.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #749 on: December 21, 2020, 10:37:21 AM »
It's worrying that this day and age we think the manager needs to have seen a performance like that to judge our players.  We have video of every match, from multiple different camera angles, in depth stats for all over the pitch, a new manager shouldn't need to stand there and watch to see that Sawyers never makes a tackle.