Poll

Do you want Sam to stay as manager?

Yes
103 (63.2%)
No
60 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: Sam Allardyce  (Read 605866 times)

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

Re: Sam Allardyce
« Reply #4225 on: May 07, 2021, 12:56:05 PM »
Nominated for manager of the month for April. Well done Big Sam.

Hopefully he looks at what he did in April to get himself nominated and takes that going forward.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4226 on: May 07, 2021, 07:22:27 PM »
well done Sam, may upset a few on here though :D
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4227 on: May 07, 2021, 09:15:28 PM »
I have my reservations about Allardyce next season can he realise that we need to be the front footed side that played against Southampton / Chelsea & not the team that turned up against Wolves, Palace & Newcastle.

If he plays front foot attacking football we will walk that league next year if he doesn’t we’l struggle to make the playoffs. Can he spot a creative player like Pereira that you need to unlock teams at that level, you need pragmatism to stay up in the Premier League you need creativity to get promoted out of the championship. That’s where my reservations lie can Sam change enough of the other way from been pragmatic to front foot creative football.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4228 on: May 07, 2021, 11:11:32 PM »
I have my reservations about Allardyce next season can he realise that we need to be the front footed side that played against Southampton / Chelsea & not the team that turned up against Wolves, Palace & Newcastle.

If he plays front foot attacking football we will walk that league next year if he doesn’t we’l struggle to make the playoffs. Can he spot a creative player like Pereira that you need to unlock teams at that level, you need pragmatism to stay up in the Premier League you need creativity to get promoted out of the championship. That’s where my reservations lie can Sam change enough of the other way from been pragmatic to front foot creative football.

This is exactly my worry. I feel we won’t lose many but will draw far too many to give any chance of automatic promotion.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4229 on: May 07, 2021, 11:12:12 PM »
I have no doubt that I'd Sam stays and is allowed to do his thing, we'll be promoted comfortably.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4230 on: May 07, 2021, 11:15:41 PM »
I have no doubt that I'd Sam stays and is allowed to do his thing, we'll be promoted comfortably.

And I truly hope you’re right.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4231 on: May 08, 2021, 08:18:41 AM »
Bye Bye Allardyce.
Bus stop is outside main entrance.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4232 on: May 08, 2021, 08:23:27 AM »
"It's going to be hard to keep Pereria at West Brom" according to SA in the E and S, "you don't know what he's thinking"

Read more here

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2021/05/08/big-sam-its-going-to-be-hard-to-keep-pereira-at-west-brom/
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4233 on: May 08, 2021, 09:31:07 AM »
I hope the decision is made within a day or two of mathematical certainty, we need a good summer squad refit with the manager in place to hit the ground running next season

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4234 on: May 08, 2021, 11:57:43 AM »
"It's going to be hard to keep Pereria at West Brom" according to SA in the E and S, "you don't know what he's thinking"

Read more here

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2021/05/08/big-sam-its-going-to-be-hard-to-keep-pereira-at-west-brom/
Unbelievable. "You don't know what he's thinking"
Erm, maybe invite him into the office and have a chat with him Sam. Then you might, just might, begin to know what he is thinking and start talking some sense at your press conferences..

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4235 on: May 08, 2021, 12:08:22 PM »
Erm, maybe invite him into the office and have a chat with him Sam. Then you might, just might, begin to know what he is thinking and start talking some sense at your press conferences..

Not going to say anything direct is he (MP)? But you'd have thought SA would have his ear to the grapevine.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4236 on: May 08, 2021, 12:16:55 PM »
Sorry mate but thats just jumping on Allardyce over nothing , he might already know but theres still 4 games to play .Periera might not want to talk about it until the seasons done , Allardyce himself isn't confirmed as staying. The Covid hit market might not get him his move.....
So many things up in the air right now its impossible to go too far into plans . Not massive on Allardyce myself I might add .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #4237 on: May 08, 2021, 12:20:50 PM »
I disagree with that I have managed people where they open up and chat whilst others will tell you what you want to hear rather than how they really are feeling.

I see Perriera has being one of these people, the first time you know they are unhappy is when the resignation letter or in his case transfer request comes in.

I would think Sam has heard something but knows the player keeps his cards close to his chest.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4238 on: May 08, 2021, 12:24:46 PM »
Sorry mate but thats just jumping on Allardyce over nothing , he might already know but theres still 4 games to play .Periera might not want to talk about it until the seasons done , Allardyce himself isn't confirmed as staying. The Covid hit market might not get him his move.....
So many things up in the air right now its impossible to go too far into plans . Not massive on Allardyce myself I might add .
Easy answer then. Say something meaningful or say nothing at all. Just try not to talk meaningless b*******

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4239 on: May 08, 2021, 12:36:51 PM »
Easy answer then. Say something meaningful or say nothing at all. Just try not to talk meaningless b*******
Easier said than done right now.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #4240 on: May 08, 2021, 12:39:53 PM »
He was asked a question and gave an honest answer.

I remember both Megson and Mowbray saying similar about Koumas in the fact they struggled to understand what was going through his mind.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4241 on: May 08, 2021, 01:21:49 PM »
He was asked a question and gave an honest answer.

I remember both Megson and Mowbray saying similar about Koumas in the fact they struggled to understand what was going through his mind.

From memory Koumas struggled to understand what was going through his mind.

Cannot see anything wrong the answer Sam gave to be honest. Pereira is a special talent so it may be that he is considering his options and who can blame him.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:19:28 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4242 on: May 08, 2021, 01:29:05 PM »
All he had to say was "I don't know"
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4243 on: May 08, 2021, 01:30:47 PM »
All he had to say was "I don't know"

Then some people would have used him saying that as a stick to beat him with. Whatever he says he isn't going to please someone.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4244 on: May 08, 2021, 01:36:36 PM »
Then some people would have used him saying that as a stick to beat him with. Whatever he says he isn't going to please someone.
True, him keeping quiet is best way for him to please me, I find him totally de-motivating
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4245 on: May 08, 2021, 01:44:44 PM »
Nothing really wrong with what Sam has said there. Does reveal that there might not much going on behind the scenes at the moment.  Hopefully there is, not like we're unsure what division we'll be in so we should be making plans.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4246 on: May 09, 2021, 09:10:04 PM »
Post match interview. Refused to answer any questions about his future or to say he wanted to stay.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4247 on: May 09, 2021, 09:12:11 PM »
Put us out of our misery and walk away and take Dowling with you 2-0 down and answ. answer to that problem was to bring on HRK  :o.

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4248 on: May 09, 2021, 09:39:48 PM »
he has a lot going for him but is not dynamic enough for me in his demeaner.After 20 minutes tonight it was obvious to most of us and the commentators that Saka was destroying us and eventually we paid the penalty for him not addressing the problem.
why has he got a fixation with Kanu who basically offers nothing but always makes an appearance after about 70 minutes.
The only positives he offered tonight were that he actually put Diagana on the pitch although I would have preferred him on the left wing where he did so well last season and 2 youngsters on the bench.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4249 on: May 09, 2021, 10:22:38 PM »
Put us out of our misery and walk away and take Dowling with you 2-0 down and answ. answer to that problem was to bring on HRK  :o.

Well what other options are there?

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom