Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1200719 times)

KYA

• WBA Coach

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8200 on: April 20, 2021, 04:18:19 PM »
We still have some way to go before we can make comparisons with other countries as to how well we have handled the pandemic we are currently 25th in a league table but are heading in the right direction and should be in the top 20 soon.
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-resilience-ranking/

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8201 on: April 28, 2021, 10:01:41 AM »
Going for my first dose on Friday morning.

2nd dose 16 July.

So stocking up on pasties and crisps incase i need to chill out for a 24-48 hours  :-* :P
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8202 on: April 28, 2021, 11:25:57 AM »
Just had 'the call' and get me second old geezer's jab 08.50 tomorrow morning. Now where do I apply for that new fangled passport thingy?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8203 on: April 28, 2021, 02:10:30 PM »
Had my second dose of the Pfizer last Friday, no side effects at all.

Been doing regular LFT  for about a month now, as some of the schools and kids homes have been insisting on them, as well as maintaining social distancing, wearing a mask and regular washing of hands.

Full PPE when I'm doing STI testing.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8204 on: April 28, 2021, 03:31:29 PM »
7 in 10 adults testing positive for covid antibodies according to the ONS. Good news.

Saw somewhere earlier that no country with a BMI average of 25 or under has a large death toll from Covid, lockdown or not, so if you are fat then you need to sort your life out if you value it.    https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n623

Around 90% of victims are overweight, not that BMI is the be all and end all and I feel for the small percentage that have medical conditions causing that but the rest of us need to take responsibility for our own lives.  I'm doing the same ashamed to say. Lockdowns and health/leisure activity closures have caused me to put on 2 stone in weight. Good time for everyone to take stock of their lives.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8205 on: April 30, 2021, 04:31:19 PM »
7 in 10 adults testing positive for covid antibodies according to the ONS. Good news.

Saw somewhere earlier that no country with a BMI average of 25 or under has a large death toll from Covid, lockdown or not, so if you are fat then you need to sort your life out if you value it.    https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n623

Around 90% of victims are overweight, not that BMI is the be all and end all and I feel for the small percentage that have medical conditions causing that but the rest of us need to take responsibility for our own lives.  I'm doing the same ashamed to say. Lockdowns and health/leisure activity closures have caused me to put on 2 stone in weight. Good time for everyone to take stock of their lives.
Good sentiments.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8206 on: May 01, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »
I had the first AZ a few weeks ago, strange ringing in my ears since, OK during the day, not so good at night.  Not a complaint, just wondering if anyone else has had similar.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8207 on: May 01, 2021, 12:55:26 PM »
I had the first AZ a few weeks ago, strange ringing in my ears since, OK during the day, not so good at night.  Not a complaint, just wondering if anyone else has had similar.

I’ve had that for the last 30 years, mate. Welcome to the head ringers club😊 

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8208 on: May 01, 2021, 01:18:02 PM »
I have seen that mentioned and the wife says she can hear her heartbeat in her ear at night she hasn't mentioned it this week so hopefully, it has passed.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8209 on: May 01, 2021, 07:55:56 PM »
I’ve had that for the last 30 years, mate. Welcome to the head ringers club😊
Ding dong

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8210 on: May 02, 2021, 09:24:20 AM »

Our brilliant vaccination programme has saved thousands of lives and enabled us to kickstart our economy ahead of the eurozone.
I hope our government are careful about where they say it is safe to go on holiday because the virus is still rampant in Europe who are cutting corners in opening before time to try and save their holiday season the last thing we need is a spike in the virus due to people bringing it into the country.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 01:24:47 PM by Hull Baggie »

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8211 on: May 02, 2021, 09:47:59 AM »
We went out for a meal last night. Absolutely fantastic a bit nippy but that didn't put us off! I don't know if it was because we have been locked down for so long but the atmosphere seemed different to before, people where speaking to each other! The wait staff where really good. It's hard to explain but it was really relaxed and there was a lot of younger people there all speaking to us older one's. I just hope this is a sign of things to come in the new normal.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8212 on: May 07, 2021, 05:54:00 PM »
Blanket International travel ban lifted from 17th May (in England). Superb news.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8213 on: May 07, 2021, 11:18:11 PM »
Blanket International travel ban lifted from 17th May (in England). Superb news.

But in an extremely cautious way. That for me is the best news.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8214 on: May 08, 2021, 04:23:53 AM »

Yep, I'm straight round the travel agents this morning to book my trip to the ........Fauklands ?  ???
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:27:15 AM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8215 on: May 08, 2021, 05:43:05 PM »
Yep, I'm straight round the travel agents this morning to book my trip to the ........Fauklands ?  ???

You can go any where you want as long as they are letting people in. A point lost on many on social media (not suggesting your good self).

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8216 on: May 08, 2021, 07:00:39 PM »
No one has explained how they will keep arrivals from green, amber and red apart in arrivals and immigration
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8217 on: May 08, 2021, 07:13:01 PM »
No one has explained how they will keep arrivals from green, amber and red apart in arrivals and immigration
I think airports will be a real problem especially the hubs
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8218 on: May 08, 2021, 08:30:18 PM »

Social distancing and masks else what is the point of them?

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8219 on: May 08, 2021, 08:38:51 PM »
Social distancing and masks else what is the point of them?
That's what's supposed to happen but if a couple of flights land close together you will need almost as many staff as passengers, to enforce it through immigration, baggage reclaim, and customs

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8220 on: May 08, 2021, 08:53:47 PM »
That's what's supposed to happen but if a couple of flights land close together you will need almost as many staff as passengers, to enforce it through immigration, baggage reclaim, and customs

It doesn't need to be enforced beyond signage. This isn't Gilead.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8221 on: May 09, 2021, 09:17:56 PM »
It doesn't need to be enforced beyond signage. This isn't Gilead.
I disagree, if you are to stop the spread through arrivals mixing, it needs to be rigidly enforced

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8222 on: May 09, 2021, 09:19:05 PM »
I disagree, if you are to stop the spread through arrivals mixing, it needs to be rigidly enforced

Under his eye.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8223 on: May 09, 2021, 09:19:43 PM »

Thats why facemasks will be worn imagine as Jacko said. If facemasks dont reduce the spread of it why wear them?

I went abroad last October in the few months of non-lockdown and we all had to wear masks.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8224 on: May 09, 2021, 10:24:33 PM »
I went shopping in Droitwich town today. A lot (not all) of masks were being worn just over the mouth and not covering the nose.
Don't people realise how viruses spread?