Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 1482623 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #7700 on: February 12, 2021, 11:17:25 AM »
Happy D1ngle5 Day lads!  8)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7701 on: February 12, 2021, 11:36:18 AM »
Happy D1ngle5 Day lads!  8)

and to you too!....might watch the DVD later!
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7702 on: February 12, 2021, 11:51:26 AM »
Nine years has gone so quickly. For those who hate the Wolves you've got another anniversary to look forward to. We also beat them 1-5 on March 28th 1962. Congratulations all in advance of the Diamond anniversary  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7703 on: February 12, 2021, 07:24:59 PM »
Nine years has gone so quickly. For those who hate the Wolves you've got another anniversary to look forward to. We also beat them 1-5 on March 28th 1962. Congratulations all in advance of the Diamond anniversary  8) .
Was there that night , happy days. The following season we played them on Boxing Day and the game was abandoned in a snowstorm with us losing 2-0.We went home happy.
We we back for the rearranged game and lost 7-0 . My Dad and I had to suffer a massive pee take on the train back to Coseley. I have hated the tossers ever since. Did anyone else on here see the 2 x 5-1's ?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7704 on: February 13, 2021, 10:48:14 AM »
The circus going on down the custard bowl this season hss definatley softened the blow of how abdjectly poor we are. Funny though, we are in a much worse position, yet seem to be handling it better.

If the fans get there way and nuno is sacked, can they bottle lightening twice?  Will the "golden era of wolves" be over before it really got started? Either way, its entertaining

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7705 on: February 13, 2021, 11:08:55 AM »
The circus going on down the custard bowl this season hss definatley softened the blow of how abdjectly poor we are. Funny though, we are in a much worse position, yet seem to be handling it better.

If the fans get there way and nuno is sacked, can they bottle lightening twice?  Will the "golden era of wolves" be over before it really got started? Either way, its entertaining

The fans haven't read the small print. Fosun/Mendes aren't running a football club they are running a player trading platform. The obvious benefit is they got into the Premier League but beyond that they will do enough to keep them there but anything else is secondary to the trading of players. The deals have to be good (for Mendes/Fosun) but they aren't really about building a team.

Nuno or any other coach has to put together a coherent team from the deals that are struck. He managed to do a really good job of it for the first two seasons back in the Premier League less so this. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7706 on: February 13, 2021, 11:26:02 AM »
I still laugh that some otherwise sensible Wolves fans refused to acknowledge the Der Spiegel Football leaks stuff about the Fosun-Mendes relationship and insisted that Fosun's business plan relied on Wolves making the champions league every year.  This summer proved that Wolves are a tool to buy and sell players and that's their primary concern.

I'm way less pessemistic about the set up than some as I still believe it gives Wolves a competitive advantage and will allow them to retain their premier league status for a long time, with the chance of a tilt at European places some years (their form over the last 2 years saw them get very close to a top 4 challenge and a Europa League win). Their fans are seeing some of the best players who have ever played for the club and I'd take that if I was them, but in typical Dongle fashion they really bought into the idea that they were going to be title challenegers again so their meltdown is fun.
Boing Boing

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7707 on: February 14, 2021, 01:35:23 PM »
Now an astonishing 14 games in a row that the Dingles have failed to score the first goal. 2 more to go for the all time record.

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7708 on: February 27, 2021, 07:57:59 PM »
Badly need a favour from the Wolves this evening. Newcastle could still get dragged into the dogfight.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7709 on: February 27, 2021, 08:03:15 PM »
I'm a Dingle for the evening. Luckily my sister lives nearly 400 miles away in Cornwall.  ;D

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7710 on: February 27, 2021, 08:28:22 PM »
They look shocking at the moment!
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7711 on: February 27, 2021, 08:30:37 PM »
They look shocking at the moment!

Awful aren't they. Can't just be the striker?

BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7712 on: March 15, 2021, 10:32:45 PM »
Wolves Catchment area that I know to from experience
Wolverhampton as a Whole
Tettenhall
Compton
Perton
Pattingham
Codsall
Wobaston
Pendeford
Bilston
Moxley
Bradley
Coseley
Sedgley
Dudley the parts that border Sedgley and Coseley
Darlaston Mostly around Rough Hay Moxley border area
Willenhall
Wednesfield
Ashmore Park
Parts if not all of Bentley
Lodge Farm
New Invention
Ettingshall
Parts of Stafford
Coven
Parts of Cannock
Featherstone
Parts of Tipton bordering with Bradley and Bilston

West Brom Catchment area
West Bromwich
Handsworth
Hockley
Parts of Hamstead
Friar Park
Wednesbury
Parts of Darlaston bordering with Wednesbury
Parts of Tipton
Great Bridge
Parts of Dudley
Parts of Great Barr
Parts of Perry Barr
Blackheath
Oldbury
Rowley Regis
Cradley Heath
Merry Hill and Brierlly Hill
Halesowen
Hayley Green
Parts of Moxley that fall under Sandwell so basically Great Bridge Road area
Stourbridge
Kidderminster
Warwickshire
Worcestershire
Kinver

We share parts with Wolves and Villa and maybe Walsall around Friar Park and Bescot as we are the bigger team than Walsall. 

Albion Pride Of The Black Country

gazberg

• WBA Coach

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7714 on: March 21, 2021, 12:39:11 PM »
We share parts with Wolves and Villa and maybe Walsall around Friar Park and Bescot as we are the bigger team than Walsall.

Personally, I think Walsall is more Albion than Wolves, at least until you start getting to Bloxwich / Pelsall way. I've still only ever seen 1 Wolves shirt on the Yew Tree  ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7715 on: March 21, 2021, 12:57:18 PM »
......I've still only ever seen 1 Wolves shirt on the Yew Tree  ;D

Was it's wearer hanging from a lofty branch with a noose around it's neck ;D ?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7716 on: March 21, 2021, 06:32:13 PM »
Personally, I think Walsall is more Albion than Wolves, at least until you start getting to Bloxwich / Pelsall way. I've still only ever seen 1 Wolves shirt on the Yew Tree  ;D
Bloxwich is probably split in two the parts closer to Walsall a Mix of Albion, Wolves and Walsall. The parts bordering Beechdale, New Invention Wolves and the parts bordering towards Cannock probably Wolves maybe Albion and Walsall minority Pelsall I am not sure It is not close to Wolves.

Bloxwich a bit like Darlaston the bits of Darlaston closer to Moxley and hence Bilston in the Wolverhampton area are Wolves the bits closer to Wednesbury hence Sandwell area where I live on the border are Albion. I know as by George Rose Park I saw a Wolves Fan in a Shirt and know my Step mum's family who live that area are Wolves Fans but around Kings Hill I've seen lots of Albion Shirts and Glory Hunters sadly
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7717 on: March 30, 2021, 06:32:54 PM »
YTE used to almost exclusively baggie territory, some tasty boys from there, the Tiger was not a pub to give it the big one in !
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !