Author Topic: Tokyo Olympics 2021  (Read 11073 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Tokyo Olympics 2021
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2021, 05:11:54 PM »
Despite having a decent Olympics overall, it's starting to look like British Athletics is going to have a stinker. No luck, with a ton of disqualifications and injuries. One medal so far from what I can tell.
Boing Boing

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2021, 12:54:24 PM »
Finally got the chance to watch that sky brown skateboard she's got some guts fair play to her. And at only 13 the next Olympics she will be very much in the hunt for a gold. Well deserved bronze. Got well emotional when she landed some of the big moves on her last run

Well in Sky well in Team GB 🇬🇧
I'm no skateboard expert but I just wonder if because of the low centre of gravity it makes it a bit easier for shorter people and 12 and 13 year olds will fall into this category ? Maybe it'll become more difficult for Sky etc. when they get taller.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2021, 01:18:35 PM »
I'm no skateboard expert but I just wonder if because of the low centre of gravity it makes it a bit easier for shorter people and 12 and 13 year olds will fall into this category ? Maybe it'll become more difficult for Sky etc. when they get taller.
I've seen tall 16 - 18 year old males at College doing some tricks over the steps maybe for a girl it is different, Skateboarding, BMX and all those sort of things look awesome to watch. Sports I wouldn't normally watch but have been entertaining are Taekwondo anything can happen and Gymnastics is just amazing how do they do it and Swimming is just class for us. The Cycling we were robbed the Danish clearly caused the crash I wanted Italy to win and they did. One idiot still mentioned the Euro Semi Final when responding to Chris Broadman on Twitter well hate to break to them but Denmark did cheat and they got the final they wanted albeit in a different sport now they know how it feels to be accused of Cheating and Victims of numerous cheating going against us
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2021, 01:23:07 PM »

Heard it here first dwarf skateboarding 🛹 they'll sweep the medal tables  8)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2021, 02:37:34 PM »
Heard it here first dwarf skateboarding 🛹 they'll sweep the medal tables  8)

They've already got their own mini games so to speak (no insult intended  ;D )........

http://internationaldwarfsportsfederation.com/world-dwarf-games/
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2021, 08:10:14 PM »
Is Galal Yafai a Brummie? Sounded like it in his post match interview
Wherever he's from that was a toe to toe slugfest of a fight!
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2021, 08:18:23 PM »
Yep he’s a Brummie , two brothers are in the pro ranks .
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2021, 08:20:08 PM »
From Edgbaston, family are known as the fighting Yafai's
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2021, 03:03:14 PM »
Cracking day in the athletics today. So close to a 4x100 gold in the men’s.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2021, 03:11:28 PM »
Impressive that the down time in the pandemic has made the Italian team massively better......

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2021, 07:42:02 AM »
The boy done good and got himself the gold, well done to the latest 'fighting Yafai'
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2021, 02:06:31 PM »
With 1 day left, ots been a very good Olympic showing again for Britain.

Rowing was a bit of a let down, while athletics and cycling could have been slightly better, but overall we have smashed it again.

Still have my issues with the team sports of course. The Aussies (population 25 million) have won bronze in basketball, silver in hockey and 5th place in water polo, while we can't qualify for any of those sports. Hopefully though that will change in the next few years.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2021, 09:46:36 AM »
Serbia beat Greece in the men’s Water Polo and then that’s it for another 3 years.

GB&I finish in 4th place in both overall medals and Gold’s. We once again finish with more Gold’s than Russia and more medals than the Aussies. We’ve out performed expectations and ended up on the higher end of expected medals set by the British Olympic committee.

22 gold medals, our most successful ever Boxing haul (2nd overall behind Cuba) and some brilliant performances in the Sailing, bike events, Equestrian events, triathlon and modern pentathlon.

Special mention to our final 2 Gold medalists - Lauren Price who adds Olympic Gold to her World kick boxing championships and her 44 Wales football caps, while 33 year old Jason Kenny upset the odds to add Gold at his 4th successive games and to become Britain’s most successful Olympian.

The Para’s start in a couple of weeks (August 24th to be exact). I think Albion are represented in a couple of the football disciplines. But for the main games, onto Paris in 3 years time.
Boing Boing

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2021, 03:54:55 PM »
Ellie Symonds the big local hope in the Paralympics She has swam in the Gala Baths in Walsall as a Kid that is something I did to but only in the Kids pool as I was learning. David Weir is still going much to my surprise. I think London 2012 made the Para Olympics big.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2021, 04:49:13 PM »
Dramatic close for the USA to overcome China in total golds. Total domination in the women’s volleyball final over Brazil and then a shock cycling gold to pass China at the death.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2021, 11:37:05 AM »
GB&NI win their first ever Wheelchair Rugby Gold, taking their Gold medal tally to 22 (by some way the second best nation at the games again).

Earlier, Hannah Cockroft won ye5 another Gold in her Wheelchair 100m, up there with our greatest ever paralympians.
Boing Boing